Page 1 of 33 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Jonathan

Jonathan

Jon has been acting up again mainly being rude to people especially one new poster in particular and me, CMJ and JMK have been discussing it, and we have decided that CMJ will PM him about the situation, we just need to decide what to say, and I have decided that instead of PM each other back and forth about it that we make a thread to make the decision. Now if anybody wants to add any input about what to say to him, thats cool.

Dont be too harsh on him, I like him posting round

JMK
    I wonder just how much it will help. He's such a hot head that he'd probably blow up at CMJ and tell him that he's not going to change the way he speaks to people, and that if people are too moronic to understand him and see his ways, well that's their problem and end it off with one of his patented condescending "lols".

I think the only thing to ask him is to not be so damn demeaning and belittling. If people don't agree with his every viewpoint over what movie "rocks" or "blows" he doesn't have to come roaring back with his usual aggressive, personal rants.

Reaper, sometimes it is amusing to sit back and watch him blow a gasket, but when he assaults brand new members, critisizing their "ratings" system and telling people that their stupid if they don't agree with him, well he needs a talking to.

I think he'll be the "softest" on me, seeing as he "seems" to like me pretty well. That's why I volunteered.

JMK
    Makes total sense to me. Have you got any idea what you're gonna say to him?

I was kinda hoping we could kick around some idea's.

I have some thoughts first we need to say several poster have complained (that is mostly true Jedieb and the new poster seems frustrated with him) but we need to say it nicely maybe telling him he needs to be more tolerant of other people's views and try to watch what he says. Don't give him lecture talk to him like a friend just say I think it would be best if you did it that way, something like that, I am going to give it some more thought and probably post some more ideas tomorrow.

JMK
    Make him an offer he can't refuse.

Seriously, I think JMC is right. He's got to learn that its not ok to jump down people's throats because he doesn't agree with them. He could respectfully disagree, but he doesn't. He condescending and that drives away members, and that isn't cool.

Thats kinda what I had in mind as well. Sorry, I was gone all day yesterday guys, otherwise we could have been closer to a resolution.

JMK
    Don't you just love his arguments that any Star Wars movie is already the best movie of the year, regardless of any upcoming releases? Makes for a very objective critic. On years where SW movies are released, he shouldn't review anything because he's already handed out his awards. He just had a semi-rant about the apparent genius dialogue of the SW movies. Lucas makes no bones about the fact that the writing and lines are corny.

Dude some of his latest rants have made me wanna be ill. He goes through stages of being bearable and being REALLY irritating. He's currently on a major irritating phase.

Yeah that Windtalkers thread has to be one of the worst, he kept going on about how his opinion was right that all liberals are stupid and that basically if you aren't rich your nothing, and that whole thing about everybody but the rich being pawns, what kind of talk is that, especially using Dumas's words to back him up (hey Dumas probably didn't even write those words knowing him that is a different story but lets just say he had a lot of help while writing his books) that is the stuff that gets me mad and its not because he is a conservate. Doc is a conservative and we have had political debates and I never got mad while reading them and at least he made his points without calling somebody stupid which I really don't like.

This is what I was gonna send....

Jonathan,

Hey man how's it going. I decided to give you a heads up on some stuff. Carr, Kyle, and I have been recieving numerous complaints lately from a few different posters about your comments in some threads. We have been defending you, but it was decided by our trio to let you know.

People don't DISLIKE you Jonathan...so don't get defensive. Hell the fact that we are trying to let you know about this shows that at least us mods appreciate you here. If I may, I'd suggest you might tone down your "volume" on disagreements. Most of the complaints have been from people who felt that you belittled their opinions when they didn't coincide with yours.

Once again Jonathan I am NOT attacking you here. You definitely make this board an interesting place to frequent and I'd be bummed if you left. For the sake of us mods though we'd appreciate if you could try and take it a bit easier on others....since WE take the flack for you.

Courtland

Comments??

Shawn
    Sounds pretty good. I know I'm guilty of antagonizing him an awful lot. But when I see him go off on some long, disjointed rant, I just blow a fuse sometimes.

I really have to stop short many times a week of doing an all out flame on him(well depending on the week..some are woorse than others). But I'm pretty disciplined....I never do.

Shawn
    Well, I usually try to post under my other name (Gurney Devries), so he doesn't think the staff is giving him a hard time. And it takes a serious amount of restraint for me to not tear apart every darn near every post he makes.

Thats perfect CMJ, I couldn't have written anything better. And I agree with you guys, there have been times that I wanted to trash him, especially in the Windtalkers thread he got on my nerves a few times but I backed off.

JMK
    I agree, that's pretty good CMJ if I do say so myself! To the point, blunt and non apologetic. I likes.

BTW "Gurney", he's taken another shot at you in the PPG thread.

Admittedly, he is fun to antagonize, in the same way you would always tease your younger sibling. Sometimes I try a "pre-emptive antagonization" , in hopes to set him off. Like in the "attractive actress" thread. I said that anyone who sees a normal weight woman as fat has common sense problems. Which I believe anyway.

Just sent it.

JMK
    Keep us posted. I'm anxious to know if he's even aware he's doing it or if he will just get indignant and blow up again. Have we decided what to do if he does infact blow up and say he's done nothing wrong and that everyone else is stupid?

Page 1 of 33 123411 ... LastLast