Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: Official AOTC viewings thread

BUFFJEDI

I don't know, Jon can get down and dirty when he wants to.And Mc BAIN he 's the silent type(kind of creepy) . So he may sneak in a few viewing's without saying

But I can say I'm all set for #6 and #7 tom.

But I may have to skip #7 until mon. We are having a church function on sun/today .

But I'm off mon. and I will get #8 if it kills me O_o

JonathanLB

Haha

This competition is definitely going to be fun, then. I'll be through 7 tomorrow also, and I'll see it Monday too (I want to be part of THE BIGGEST MONDAY GROSS EVER FOR A NON-HOLIDAY -- mark my words).

I'll see ya in line I'm headed out, late, to see my 10:45 showing.

I think I might intentionally sit front row. I'm getting sick of being cramped in, to be honest, and even if I have to sit in a crappy front seat at least my legs have tons of room...

The way I sit is basically all slumped down in my seat because I like my head to be leaning against something, i.e. the back of the seat, but our theater doesn't have the seats go tall at all so you have to slump down. But then your legs, if they are as long as mine, hit the seat in front of you, UGG.

Yes, I love SW being sold out each showing, it rocks, but at the same time it's easier to get viewings in when you're one of like 30 people in the theater, not 250.

dbn
    HAHA!! I will do my part on monday, I hope you are right

Viewing #2. Kenai. Alaska.

imported_QuiGonJ
    My viewings for the weekend:

#1. 12:01AM 5/16 Burbank
    #2. 10:20AM 5/16 Universal City in DLP
    #3. 07:00PM 5/16 Santa Maria
    #4. 11:00AM 5/17 Santa Maria
    #5. 07:20PM 5/17 Santa Maria
    #6. 06:20PM 5/18 Universal City in DLP

Yep, worthy film this is.... a worthy film.

JonathanLB

Nice

Dang, QuiGonJ, you are a worthy adversary here too. You guys blow me away. Dang we have a die-hard fanbase. Man Trekkies may dress up more, but they have nothing on us!

6 viewings in the first weekend plus opening day, man oh man, that's pretty stunning.

I just can't pull away!

I'm glad you like the film, too, QuiGonJ.

Next time, for Episode III, I'm going to see the movie in all 50 states Haha, j/k. That'd be cool, though.

Dutchy
    Geez, you guys are crazy.

I've seen it once.

Shawn
    I saw it the midnight showing, then a 7:45pm showing later that day @ Downtown Disney in California. I haven't had the chance to see it in theaters again... yet.

Nathaniel Nore
    Since thursday I have seen it 3 times...

1. 12:30 am Thursday
    2. 7:00 pm Thursday
    3. 10:15 pm Saturday

and I plan to see it plenty more times in theatre

JonathanLB

Nice

#7: Evergreen Parkway, Auditorium 1 (finally, a different one! Front row is horrible torture, though, I forgot how bad that is when you are already kinda tired).

BUFFJEDI
    #6 and #7

I'm really glad I'm doing this because I truely love this film.Because no MATTER how many times anyone see's AOTC , They are HELL BENT on NOT letting AOTC be #1 (after the dust clears) Let alone beat Spiderman.I want to Know WHO counts the Tally and How/WHY they are fixing Numbers .

*sigh*

C'mon Buff, don't pull a 3167 on us.

BUFFJEDI
    I sware !! i'm trying not to Like I said I have not the mental knowledge/writing ability to do so , BUT DANG there is something strange even I see it , and If I can see it ,there is something going on.

JonathanLB

Yeah

Yeah, lol, seriously. Nobody is trying to think up ways to screw over Star Wars, well, except maybe the Rotten Tomatoes staff Haha, j/k

If AOTC is meant to beat Titanic, Spider-Man, or whatever else, it will do so. If the people show up, the box office grosses will prove what the will of the Force is.

"Lies, deceit, creating mistrust are his ways now."

I don't see anything that starnge about AOTC's figures. Those numbers are frickin' amazing!! So what if they aren't as good as Spidey's opening...it had 1500 MORE screens!

As far as the webslinger holding up so well, it is odd to me. Of course I've seen several packed theatres that WEREN'T showing AOTC, so those people have to be watching SOMETHING.

BUFFJEDI
    I'll not say anything about the BOX OFFICE .(so CMJ won't hurt me)

But to say NO One is trying to srew AOTC is false. Heck Look at those idiots calling it Racist, If that ain'y trying to screw with something than I'll eat my dumbell's

JonathanLB

Well

They are not trying to screw over SW, they just probably like to hit whatever is the biggest at the time. It's just normal for a few people to rebel against whatever is big. It's human nature, I suppose.

AOTC's opening numbers are very impressive, enough so that I think we have a great shot at getting to #2 all time, if this movie is as well-received as it seems to be. CinemaScore ratings higher than TPM (in all but one age group), which had wonderful staying power, and apparently most people really enjoying it!

JMK
    Just got in from #3 and the theater which seats probably 400 was just about full, save for the front 5 rows which were empty. Actually, the lower section (where I was) was basically empty which means the theater was about 60-70% full.

JonathanLB

Wow

Wow, not bad for that time!

I agree with Fox's estimates... 11% decline Sunday seems pretty realistic, as TPM was about 10.2%. I don't see that being any different with AOTC.

Then again, personally I don't see the staying power being much different either, call me crazy... Time will tell.

Doc Milo
    Viewing number three came as a surprise. My fiance's daughter wanted to go to the movies tonight -- and I said, okay, pick a movie. She ended up not wanting to go see AotC at first, but then when she looked up what movies were playing, what movies she saw, she said, "Let's go see Star Wars." So, number 3 in the bag -- 8:45 showing Westbury Stadium.

JonathanLB

Hehe

Very nice, good going!!!

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast