Thread: I would like to join

Laser McClarty

I would like to join

I am a good pilot. I can fly starfighters or freighter size ships, or man the bridge of a larger vessel. I have some rpg experience but no fighting with the force, so I don't want to have a jedi or sith character. I can also use a blaster or laser rifle.

Darth Viscera
    What position would you like? Something in a diplomatic corps, perhaps, or leader of a starfighter squadron? Leader of the Internal Defense Corps? (bodyguards and the like)

OOC:Welcome Shay, to my humble abode.

Darth Viscera
    Nevermind what you want to do. I'm giving you a field commission as Flight Captain, and command of Theta squadron, of the 188th Imperial fighter group. You may form your squadron, Captain. It is up to you what types of starfighters, fighters or bombers, you put in it. Here are some choices, if you're not currently aware:

Light/Medium Combat Starfighters/Space superiority ships:
    TIE Interceptors
    TIE Fighters
    TIE Advanced
    TIE Defenders
    TIE Devils
    TIE Phantoms

Bombers/Heavy Assault Starfighters:
    TIE Devastators
    TIE Scimitars
    TIE Bombers

Darth Viscera
    Report to War Games and Simulations, Captain, and start your starfighter training.

Laser McClarty
    Where can I get the specs for Devils, Scimitars and Devastators?

Darth Viscera
    TIE Devastators

A TIE Devil is basically a heavily modified TIE cockpit, with additions to the hull so that it can maneuver, etc. It has 1 rapid firing light laser cannon, 1 rapid fire light ion cannon, and comes in three flavors piloting-wise.

1.Organic pilot
    2.Piloted by a droid brain (default)
    3.Piloted remotely

Since the TIE Devil is so small, and it is shaped spherically, it represents a very tiny targeting profile. For this reason, it is almost impossible to hit. However, if one is hit, it will most likely be destroyed, as its hull is only 5 RU.

For the TIE Scimitar, just think of a Y-Wing, with a TIE cockpit protruding instead of the Y-wing cockpit, and common TIE solar panels instead of engine pods.

Laser McClarty
    Do you want me to list the ships I envision for a squadron here?

Darth Viscera
    Yes, please.

Laser McClarty
    THETA Squadron
    TIE Interceptors (8) 4 laser cannon (Main Fighter Squadron)
    TIE Defenders (1) 4 laser cannon 2 ion cannon 16 proton torpedoes tractor beam 200 MGLT (personal ship)
    TIE Advanced (2) 4 laser cannon 16 concussion missiles 133 MGLT (missile support unit)
    TIE Phantoms (1) 2 laser cannon Cloaking Device (recon and fire control)
    TIE Bombers (4) 2 laser cannon 16 proton torpedoes (Planetary & Ship Assault bomber adjunct unit)

Any suggestions?

Darth Viscera
    Captain, squadrons are normally made up of 12 uniform starfighters, plus perhaps a TIE/rc recon craft and a recovery shuttle. What you have here is a mixed bag.

Laser McClarty
    Just trying to be creative

11 interceptors plus the personal ship are fine. I'd still like the Phantom too.

I envisioned the others with the missiles and torpedoes for adjunct units on specialized assault missions.

Darth Viscera
    Okay. The Phantom can be used as the squad's recon craft. I'm also assigning your squadron HQ that recovery shuttle.

Laser McClarty
    OK

THETA SQUADRON
    11 TIE Ineterceptors (main group)
    1 Phantom (recon)
    1 Recovery Shuttle

I will fly a TIE Defender named Guillotine.

Does this need to be built in the shipyards?

Darth Viscera
    Nope. We have plenty of those starfighters on surplus. They're on the Heartless now, I believe.

Laser McClarty
    I hope that my first post was reasonable, not having too much experience with fleet matters. Is there a forum here where I can post to discuss missions and posts a little less publically?

Darth Viscera
    Your post was exemplary. I've allowed you access into Strategic Command now, sorry for the delay.