Thread: i seek jeseth

Aaron Grimm

i seek jeseth

My long journey was over. I had reached Vjun, a planet scared with crags and boulders which seemed to give it the face of death. The atmosphere was thick with smog and acid rain, the tears of hatred. From under my hood a smile cracked and my heart filled with a sinister glee. I didn't really know why i was here, some uncontrolable feeling churned inside of me since i was a child. I had been searching for this unknown something since.

As my eyes cought a glimpse of this hell i felt the churning stop and sqeez my hatred and depression into a cheshire grin. My ship violenly slid through the thick smog and landed by some structures. Anxiety made my palms moist. I felt that it was here. The thing I had been searching for my life was here. I gave it a name "Jeseth". It flowed from deep in my hearts darkness. My mind wondered.What would it hold for me? What could it unlock? Would it drive my sadness further into the abyss? I wiped the moist on my left hand on my dirt covered cloak. My other hand was covered with a cloth that soaked the moist.

The cloth was placed in order to cover a mark given to me as a young child. It was a constent reminder of my past the people who drove me to be the way i am. The ones who left me. The people who made the churning start.

As I skulked down the ramp, i felt the hate and all those deep emotions we continulay hide from one another because we are afraid to scare them. It made me felt strong. It made my right hand tingle. It felt like a home. The feelings swimmed in my head and i knew what was next. It happened when i was... how could i say...excited.

I don't know what happened next or how i got where i was but i found myself in a comfortably dim corridor with ash grey stones. I wasn't alone. I was staring at a man. He was a little more than 5 feet from me. He was a little taller than me, dark, with wings. He only stared at me. This lasted for several moments until i murmered from my straight and emotionless face that hid under my dark hood

"I have been looking for you. You have something I need. I do not know what it is but in time we will both know." and peered down at the floor taking my gave off of him. I was showing a courtasy toward him. I might need to if i was to get any answers.

Jeseth Cloak
    I watched him wait there, unmoving before me. All those dreams I had gone over in my sleep. All those visions that pulled me from my pages. Was this the one who I had seen? In my visions, I foresaw a violent clash, yet now he came in search of something.

"Yes. I know what you seek."

My hand slid down a fold in my cloak, pulling forth a blackened book that clung to me by a veil of evil: The Book of Anger.

"You've come for this..." The stranger’s eyes went wide, following my every motion as flipped for a moment through the pages, a grin spreading across visage. Yes, I knew then that he had come for that book... The very touch of it scorched my mind and racked my spirit with pain and aguish. I had long learned to endure it's accompany. He moved a hand out to meet it, but I merely shook my head and pushed it back within the shadows that engulfed the inside of my cloak.

"It belongs to me..." The visitor turned on me in anger, his eyes glaring violently, "Unless... You can prove to me there is a reason I should depart with my companion."

Aaron Grimm
    That book he weilded in his hands made my mind crazed. I heard howling and my heart beat. I felt anger and pain. It oozed up through my body leaving its hot trails behind to sting my nerves and excite my mind. All in all, the feeling was exilerating. I never felt more comfortable with my madness. But what would I tell this man "that i was brought here because of my stomach." Somehow it didn't seem reassuring.

I thought about how i could slay him and just take the book, but deep inside my stomach churned and that familiar uncomfortable feeling was back.My brain swiled within a mist and i dreamt of screaming,pain and suffeing. Somehow i felt that my anger was responsible. I felt that it was also responsible for my depression and my numb emotions. I praised it for the numbness and the anger, but not for the depression.

When my mind finaly snap back to that hall way, it told me offer him my services in whatever he needed until i could tell him clearly why i needed that book. I knew i wasn't an expert at many things but i learned quick.

Jeseth Cloak
    "Your feelings betray you." I shot the words into his heart. I knew that in part there was a need there within him that would not be satiated by my humble facade and hospitality. I cast aside all masks and looked into his soul, my eyes attempting to break the barriers that were erected. For one with so little experience I hadn't expected such resistance, but I knew now that pieces to the puzzle were falling into place.

The book of Anger seared against my flesh, chanting to me in a dark chorus. I was yet unsure what action would be taken, or what he truely wished to gain from his visit... Did he wish for the knowledge to be exhanged - or would it be taken?

Aaron Grimm
    "All emotions are betraying." i relied with a monotone snap "It is one of the first things I have learned." I stood strong and cold like a stone. My outer physic emulated the corridor, cold, dark, and strong. This differed from my emotions.Deep inside i questioned if i really should be there if this was a demnted pipe dream. If i was falsely lead by a gut feeling,a need to fill the dark void of my soul.
    My gut churned on shards of mental glass, and my stone facade declined. I quivered physicaly. My head fell so that i had a veiw of the floor. Although, the floor shook and wraped its cold arms around my legs. I stood there still. i wanted the darkness to consume me and drift me away to an endless void of suffering. I knew better though. I knew it was an halucination and that it would pass. I knew that when it was done i would feel depressed because it didn't carry me away.
    While this was going on i forgot about the winged man who held my destiny. Well rather, i forgot about his physical shape. I felt that book. I felt its pages created swirls of wind as they flutered closed. I felt that wind blow across my heart. That book was in me, and it was only a matter of time before he felt my anguish. He would relize the suffering and he will show me the answers.

Jeseth Cloak
    He knew his lessons well.

"There are yet many more lessons to be learned..." I waved my hand, lighting all the candles which normally just leaned against the walls lifelessly.

"The question left to be asked would be, how soon do you wish to start learning them?" I knew then that I had found a true apprenticel; A Sorcer's apprentice - and while I was still a student myself, in time we would learn side by side.

Aaron Grimm

RE: i seek jeseth

the light struck my eye and my cornea contracted violently. I squrimed to keep my eyes in the shadow. Everything felt at home in the shadows.
    "I have searched my whole life for these 'lessons'." i ansered. "Some wise people say that those who wait for the lessons of life are enlightened above the dark. I say they are full of -DO-NOT-SWEAR--DO-NOT-SWEAR--DO-NOT-SWEAR--DO-NOT-SWEAR-." I left that as my answer. plain, simple. "My question ow is who is going to teach them to me?"
    With that things drew momentarily silent or maybe time froze in my head. It seemed that the closer i got to the answer, the more the real wolrd seem to fade into one big halucination. It was odd, but it made killing time easy.

Jeseth Cloak

Re: RE: i seek jeseth

I grinned, and then held the book out to him, it's pain searing in my hands.

"I will at first. In time, you'll find you needn't bother to seek my guidance. This book is now your life... Keep it close to you as such."

Yes, It was most obvious. This one was the protégé - The true apprentice of the dark - that I had been awaiting. I thought he might try to betray me, but somehow I knew he wanted the guidance - At least for now...

Darth Rane

And now it was time. Stepping forth from the shadows, Darth Rane's voice rumbled forth, gravelly and harsh.

"I knew he'd come," he spoke in a hushed tone, mostly to himself. "My clairvoyance is serving me well; the Force is becoming more my slave with every day."

A clawed hand raised, the black tips of his fingers not reflecting so much as a sliver of light. With a curt wave, he introduced himself, formally:

"I am the Lord of Nightmares; Darth Rane. I have foreseen your coming, and you are welcome here."

Aaron Grimm

I turned cooly toward the hulking mass of power. "what are my terms of service?" he asked. "I am not a dark jedi. I have yet to learn any thing of the force. I am here, a fly rather than a moth, in the spiders web as the predetor examins my worth."

I peered toward the man. His preasance envoked a feeling from me. I felt as if he was the supreme master of my fate. He had mentioned that he had forseen my coming. Maybe he could provide me with answers. a silence loomed for a considerable amount of time, at least it felt as if it were a considerable amount of time. My mind did have a way of fooling me. after the lapse of time i broke the silence

"What do you wish of me masters?"

and with that i agreed to any terms of service they may create. getting the answers was all that mattered any more.

Darth Rane

"What do I wish of you?" Rane repeated the question slowly, letting it dance on his tongue as if he were attempting to savor the feel of the words passing from his own lips.

"At the moment, I can think of little need that I have of you. I am still debating the best course of action to take. A strong side of this internal debate argues that I should try to mold you; shape you. You have much potential, but it is raw."

Jeseth Cloak

Jeseth moved towards Aaron, his eyes calculating and precise in the manner in which they moved. This one did have much raw potential, but he knew it would soon be molded, as would the individual himself.

"Take this. I have no use for it any longer." Jeseth had long ago read through the volume.

The Dark Jedi's hand clutched the book as he waited for Grimm. It had taken him many long and torturous sessions before he could will himself to withstand such levels of pain. It seemed as if the more knowledge you gained, the worse the book enacted it's wrath upon your body and mind.