Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Oozaru II lands on Vjun

Evil Hobgoblin
    Hob curiously watched the goings on. Truly these were beings of great power, and an association with them might teach Hob much of the universe's ways.

The Hobgoblin scampered over the battlements and climbed down the rampart walls. He then wandered over to the cavernous door of Bast castle and sat on the steps to continue to watch.

Sorsha Kasajian
    :: As Sorsha lost consciouness, the image of Laija twisted in Anbira's mind, becoming snake-like as it keened and hissed. Then it was gone ::

Darth Ogre
    Ogre stepped slowly up the stairs, the muscles in his legs bulging with stress at each footfall. Once at the top, he turns and looks at the short creature that had stood to get out of his way as he lumbered his way up here.

“Are we welcome to enter, or shall I just kick in the door?”

Hob moved quickly, his knuckles dragging on the ground as he stepped to the door with his customary gait, and opened it for the large green Sith, loaded down with the unconscious bodies of the three combatants draped from his body.

Just as Ogre, stepped in the door, the rain began to fall behind, searing away the pools of blood left behind from the battle. Stepping inside Ogre looked around and had no idea where to go next. He turned to Hob, who had followed them in.

“Is there a place where the four of us can rest?”

Evil Hobgoblin
    ~ Ye are welcome to take refuge in Hob's rooms, good sir,~ Hob projects telepathically, a note of humility and curiosity in his voice. He reaches up and takes Anbira and Sorsha from the tired Sith Master's grasp. ~ There are three beds in Hob's guest chamber- he can look after the combatants there. Ye are welcome to rest on Hob's pile of gold coins, if ye choose.~

Ogre grunts noncomittally, which Hob takes for a sign of acquiescence. ~ Follow Hob, sir.~ The dwarf starts off.

The two people still capable of walking head for Hob's rooms. Hob opens the path to his residence proper using a bit of telekinesis.

Once Dale is tucked away in the grand bed and Sorsha and Anbira are resting in the guest beds, Hob turns to Ogre. ~ Will ye rest yerself, good sir? The pile of coins is in the other room if ye do.[i

Darth Ogre
    Ogre looks at the odd little being, curious about the pile of coins, but so worried about Dale and his sister, that he dismisses the thought of leaving them to investigate. His tired eyes look down at hob as he sits on the floor next to the grand bed, leaning up against it.

His mental state is quite dreary and taxed at the moment from all that he poured into the deeds of staving off the storm and utilizing the power of the Sith Talisman in a fashion new to even him, so that his wife and the benefactor of her and Sorsha’s rage could be kept from death.

Looking to Hob at more of an eye level gaze now that he is sitting, Ogre poses a question. “Mind telling me a little about this place?”

Evil Hobgoblin
    ~ Do ye not know that Bast castle is the former home of Darth Vader?~ Hob asks curiously. He waves a hand around the room, his eyes following it. ~ T'was also the home of the Emperor's Dark Jedi for a time. The place is steeped in death, misery, and lost souls. Hob has lived beneath Bast since it was first built.~

Hob's gaze turns back to Ogre. ~ But surely one so powerful as yerself knows these things.~

The dwarf's eyes widen in curiousity as he regards the green-skinned Sith Master's features. ~ From where do ye come? I've yet t' see anyone resembling ye in all the galaxy.~

Darth Ogre
    He hid his knowledge that he really did know what this place was and allowed Hob to answer his question so that he could see if what he knew and what he would be told would match. And he was not really surprised that the stories did mesh. With a nod he acknowledged Hobs first statement, speaking softly with a tired voice.

“I had heard tale but one can never be sure of tales.”

He lifts a hand from his lap, looking down at the three digits upon it, before flexing it into a makeshift fist. “My kind are all but extinct save myself. I come from a planet in the Outer Rim known as Kashir, all my people were slaughtered, while I watched at the ripe age of thirteen cycles.”

Evil Hobgoblin
    Hob scampers over to the cavernous entryway and begins to climb the side of it. When he reaches the apex of the cavern's arch, Hob pauses and hangs by his feet. ~ Curious that ye alone should survive. Ye must have skills surpassing the norm. Would ye say that be true?~

Darth Ogre
    Ogre’s head tilts to the side as his eyes follow Hob to his perch and look on in amusement at how he hangs there, as if it were completely natural. Nodding once again he responded.

“I have been told and do believe that I am one who surpasses the norm in many aspects of what the beings in this Universe call life and living, unique in more ways than one.”

Evil Hobgoblin
    Hob lifts one foot away and scratches the side of his head with it. ~ Would ye consent to train Hob in the skills by which ye have survived? Methinks ye have achieved things in areas I wish to achieve in.~

Darth Ogre
    Even showing signs of his exhaustion, the critical gaze that befell Ogre’s visage was unmistakable. His eyes widening in surprise somewhat, maybe even displaying a little confusion. It was not that out of the ordinary for him to be asked to train someone in the Dark arts of the Sith, but that usually occurred in a more formal setting, a place where such things were expected. Deciding to ask a question before answering Hob, Ogre posed.

“What is it you wish to achieve?”

Evil Hobgoblin
    ~ I wish to be prepared to fulfill the grand purpose I was born for, of course. All the especially unique ones have such destinies. Look at yourself. Surely, you cannot deny that you have proved influential in shaping the universe's current form. When my turn comes to shape the universe, I wish to be ready.~

Darth Ogre
    This small being spoke wise words, words far wiser than Ogre had heard in a long time. The speech reminded him of his won Father back on Kashir when he passed on his own knowledge of Sorceror’s secrets and mysticism to Ogre as a young man. With a purposeful nod Ogre replied in the affirmative.

“Then I shall help you to accomplish such a goal. The fate of all calls for the unique to rise and make the Universe bend to their whims.”

Ogre’s eyes closed and he felt his strength was now completely gone and he slipped into a deep sleep, in the sitting position next to where his wife lay.

Emperor Shimi
    Through the darkness, a visage of shadow stalked, passing through each bedchamber. He laughed cacklingly as he passed from one slumbering being to the next, knowing that their rapture was but fleeting. Reaching out with the graces of his dark persuasion, he bid their minds to sleep no more. Their bodies would now fully facilitate them...and waken their conciousness. As Shimi spoke unto each slumbering figure, their eyes slowly opened, the weariness lifted from their very forms.

Dalethria Mal Pannis
    Before she passed out, all that mattered was that her oath to avenging her Master was fulfilled. Whether she lived or died now, Dalethria didn't care, but a part of her did try to hang on for her family. In her heart she was tired and knew that if she died, all the fighting would end.

Even if it meant rotting in hell for all eternity.

She didn't know when it happened or how it happened, but she didn't die. No voice such as the one in her head now could be related to the afterlife.

Her body shot up from the bed as her eyes scanned the room and saw Shimi. "How dare you invade my mind ..."

Emperor Shimi
    Shimi barked at her with an edge to his voice that made the Lordess listen

Silence my child, and pay attention! I tapped into your mind because there is something you must now do. Follow me...Our Master awaits us...

Shimi silently walked out of the room, bidding Dalethria to follow

(Continued in Hall of Sorrows)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123