Thread: *A hunched figure approached Bast castle*

Titus Vigil

*A hunched figure approached Bast castle*

Titus moved towards the castle, exuding just enough force energy to shield himself from the acid rain which had ravaged the desolate planet. As he approached the doorway, he brought his head back to look up at the ancient building. Titus focused, trying to straghten himself up, and exude some of his old glory. He only succeeded in making himself appear even more pathetic. Though he did manage to straighten himself up, he still looked just as small. His face was pale, haunted by unseen demons, reflecting a ravaged mind. He wore a close fitting black cloak and tunic, ripped in a number of places to reveal a bright white shirt, in stark contrast to the rest of his apparel.
    This was definitely where he was going. He didn't know why, but Titus had felt drawn to this place, felt as though maybe here he could find the solace which so easily eluded him. He didn't know what to expect, or if he would find anything here at all, but he had nothing else to try. Titus walked up to the massive gates, and put all his strength into a few quiet knocks. And then he waited, hoping someone would answer.

Virgil Titus
    OOC ~

Alrighty then..................

Evil Hobgoblin
    The doors burst outward wildly, sending the knocker sprawling at the bottom of the steps. An impossibly ugly dwarf comes bounding out, roaring and stomping at the top of the steps.

"Oh little quiet mouse
    Weak as milquetoast
    Tell Hob why you're here
    Or your guts he will roast!"

Titus Vigil
    Titus slowly rose to his feet. He spoke in a weak voice, but it was amplified through the force.

"I know not fully why I am here. I felt a strange call to this place. I have heard that many strong ones reside here, and I had hoped that perhaps they could help me. For now, I ask that you will merely give me a place to stay, for merely as long as it takes for me to regain the strength, and the will, to continue on my way, to perhaps find some others who will help me, if thou are unwilling."

Strained by the effort of his words, the thin protection protecting Titus from the acidic rain briefly faltered, allowing a few droplets to burn away at his tunic.

Evil Hobgoblin
    "Stay here
    And I will make clear
    The decision of the Black Hand.

Interfere
    And you will hear
    You own scream across this land."

Hob lifts his head in silent telepathic communion with his brethren.

Titus Vigil
    Titus stood in front of the door, desperately trying to maintain the thin force bubble protecting him from the acidic rain, and waiting for this strange creature to make known the decision.

Evil Hobgoblin
    Hob's mind returns to the present. ~ Ye are allowed entry and lodging, so long as ye do not disturb any of the Black Hand's members. If ye agree to this, ye may enter.~

Titus Vigil
    Titus bowed his head momentarily in relief, grateful that he had been allowed entrance.
    "I shall not disturb anyone. I merely need a room, and the nourishment to live. As long as I receive that, I shall not be any trouble to anyone. Would you mind showing me to where I will be staying?"

Evil Hobgoblin
    Hob allows the newcomer to enter and then shuts the door behind him, sending the entryway into total darkness.

He cackles. ~ Find yer room yerself!~ he sneers, then scuttles away.

Titus Vigil
    Titus finally relaxed, allowing the thin force bubble around him to collapse. Relieved that he had been allowed entrance to this strange abode, he felt a strange rejuvenation, very week, but perceptible none the less. Maybe hope? He stretched out his senses as far as he could, and headed towards an area where it seemed there were no others, to find a room. He liked the dark he was now shrouded in, and drew some strength from it, as he headed up the stairs to find a room in which to stay.