Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Articles of TSO

Lord Dagger
    If we were scared of the people having power, we would rule TSO with an iron grip like we had at TSC, the fact that it is a democracy proves that we give the people power. As the rules of the real world prove, there is always loop holes, we have a system where common sense rules, so no loop holes

Admiral Roebuck
    This document is the Magna Carta of the boards.
    Well, the Magna Carta was something established by the King of England and you have problems with monarchy yet you follow their example; that is called being hypocritical.

Secondly, I took personal offense from your outburst about the English even though you appologised afterwards and not to be boastful but I could put a damn good bet on me being more knowledgeable on democratic systems than yourself. Quite frankly, the impression I get of all this is that you have been absorbed by the First Amendment and what it stands for and are now trying to govern your own interpretation of it into TSO.

Finally. England is run by a Government and not a Monarchy, you seem to think you know so much about democracy and governing systems yet don't even realise that England has been under Political rule for some hundreds of years now.

To put it bluntly, the Queen has no relevance anymore, nor the Royal Family; they simply exist as decoration and have no power of how England is run.

These laws are completely unneccessary and I'll be damned the day my very intelect is insulted by having to follow such basic guidelines; it's nothing more than common knowledge.

Darth Roul
    first off AR the magna Carta was not written by king Edward but his lords to restrict his power.

second you say that common sense is the laws here, and I agree with that, I have just written them down for all to see.

third you ask for no written structure then you will have it

i never said I was against a monarchy, what I said was your history wasn't based on liberty and freedom. The first Ammendment i wrote into the Articles because it is important for people to have that right. I wrote the property in because we were just having a problem with that issue. The council part I put in because they seemed untouchable and it has been awhile since we have had seven members, infact we never had seven members, Darth Rage was supposed to be #7 but he never participated in TSO

How is this a democracy when the highest members of office are not even voted into place, they are appointed. The people had no say into who the council members became, this is how they were chosen (in the mind of a member) Admiral Roebuck-formerly Gav Mortis(makes sence)but gav was appointed to the leader of TSC and made himself a council member, Lady Vader-most senior member(makes sence), Live Wire-good politician(makes sence), Lady Dev'il(sorry about the spelling)-dont know why, Lord Dagger-Servant to Jen and when she left he was put in her place (wtf), LL-freind of LV (wtf, hes not even an active member)

If we had voted members then maybe it would seem more democratic. I was going to put that in but I knew that would float like a rock

Live Wire
    It would take an hour to say everything that I want to say....but

LL has always been a council member from the moment we left tsc...he was instrumental in helping us defect...he was my liazon as spokesperson when I had to deal with other groups in such matters so thats how he got on the council.

Dagger was promoted because the council saw him fit for the position when Gav left (before he died). DeVille was promoted because she was the best qualified when we needed to fill Jens position. If you had been around you would have known this.

Technically Roebuck is not a council member. Gav was..but hes dead now. The council is an IC arrangement. While its fine that he acts as adivsor in certain areas becuase we know who plays the characters he is not on the council because plain and simple he is not Gav.

The council is no longer seven because quite frankly the council talked and felt there was no one who was ready to be promoted for the responsibility.

I personally dont like how you are threatening the council. Name one decision the council has had to really make and inforce around here? Show me how we have acted improperly or have abused the power in any way?

This whole thing is royally pissing me off so I should shut up now

Lady DeVille
    ooc: Roul, King Edward did not sign the Magna Carta.

In 1215 the lords of England drew it up and forced King John (remember Robin Hood? Yeah, that John) to sign it on the field of Runnymead. But this isn't supposed to be a history lesson. /ic:

Live Wire
    I am not fighting for the Council, Im fighting for the people.

Right now it sounds like you are fighting for yourself! Do you know how many people from other groups approach me and ask if they can be a part of TSO. Do you know why people like Jedah Lynch want to be a part of this group??! We arent the biggest group out there. But we (IMHO are the best) and people see this.

You know why people see this..because there isnt bickering (but there has been since Roul came back) We've worked together as a family up to this point. That was the basis that TSO was founded upon. Other groups have hard and fast rules and you see whats its done to them. SWfans has hard and fast rules and all they do there is bicker!!!!

TSO works on the baisis of common sense...and togetherness. In a family you dont have a consitution....or any of this democracy bull -DO-NOT-SWEAR--DO-NOT-SWEAR--DO-NOT-SWEAR--DO-NOT-SWEAR- written out. Everyone has a say and they dont need some set of amendments to keep unity.

I take offense at being called ltalaish because I was one of the ones who worked hardest for change at TSC...along with Gav, and LV, and LL, and Jen and Banestone...and everyone else who was up till 3 am some nights (west coast time) working to make TSC a better place for members! TSO is nothing like the dictatorship that ruled at TSC!!

Roul I can understand how some need a set of rules that are set in stone but time and time again the RP has proved it doesnt help a group...it tears them down like this is doing! I would appreciate if you really took a look at whats been done here before you condem any of us. Ask around see what others really think of TSO. Hell the jedi respect us more then any other group because of how we work! Dont try and ruin that because you want to see words written down. It sounds like a noble idea to want to set rules but we've seen its not beneficial to the harmony of the group.

Darth Roul
    you know what, screw it, you win I lose too bad so sad boo hoo, I just hope we can have good relations

Lord Dagger
    :: Nods ::
    "Well said, and well concedded, but err Roul, shouldn't that be a link in your sig?"

Live Wire
    this makes it clear he was never working for the best interest of the group..he just wanted power and things to work his way. Talk about being like a spoiled brat! *shakes her head* I expected way better from him.

Garrett Blade
    Like I said...Darth RULE!

Lady Vader
    *rubs temples*

if we're quite finished argueing and bitching about anything and everything...

*sigh*

look... I seriously don't want this to blow up into another TSC moment and see everyone split... I have nightmares about this... I won't let it happen...

I want ALL of us to keep good relations with Roul... and I mean EVERYONE here...

really... just take a moment and skim this thread... some of the stuff in here is just stupid... almost childish...

look, I just want peace in these walls... is that asking so much?

Anbira Hicchoru
    Oh make no mistake Roul, I am still quite active. Don't assume because I do not post that I do not hear what happens within the kingdom.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12