Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Merry Christmas!

Darth Viscera

Re: Merry Christmas!

You're damn right I mean. I'm the only person in all of montgomery county with a frickin' cable modem, so I intend to live off the fat of the land and enjoy my 3mbps downloads until the rest of the joe punchclock 56k idiots decide to upgrade, at which point T3s will probably be less expensive.

Oh, btw, I had 11 seconds in which there were no new messages on this forum

Nupraptor

<a href=http://msn.zdnet.com/partners/msn/bandwidth/speedtest500.htm>Bandwith Speed Test</a>

Let's compare, shall we?

Darth Viscera

reason being, I was searching for a test at cnet.com to see how fast my connection is according to yours. Also, I was composing my thoughts. I never claimed that my brain was as fast as a cable line.

btw:
    download.cnet.com/downloa...-1.1478508

click the 'clock your download' thing at the bottom, see what speed you're at. I'm fluctuating from 350-750kbps at that link.

Nupraptor

: Great minds, eh? Going to do yours now.

BTW: I got 654kpbs at the link I provided.

Darth Viscera

eh? going to do my what? test your bandwidth?

Nupraptor

at your link, yeah. I can't seem to find the "Clock your download" thing, though.

Edit~ Found it. 554kpbs

Darth Viscera

HA!!!!!!!!

Your line speed:

663.4 Kbps

81.3 K bytes/sec

Nupraptor

663 over 654? HUGE differance, I see. :

Darth Viscera

I pay 44.95/month for mine. Yours?

Nupraptor

even $40

Darth Viscera

dammit!!!!

*shakes his fist at nuppy*

You've won this round, nuppy, but we'll meet again! And when we do, you won't be so lucky!!

$5 cheaper, too. Well, I live next to D.C. Things are more spensive here. How much did you pay for install? I paid about $60.

Nupraptor

I live in Florida, and I have Mindspring ADSL. I got a free install by saying I heardd of 'em on the radio (which was a lie).

Darth Viscera

damn you! So you don't have to pay for a DSL modem?

Nupraptor

Nope *pats his external DSL router*

Darth Viscera

dammit, I had to settle for a $30 mini-hub that doesn't work, and another computer in the same house on a different subnet. As a result, the damn network doesn't work, and the only thing that's shared is the cable modem. No printer/file/multiplayer game sharing at all. What a damn jip.

Nupraptor

I think your box is slightly faster than mine. But in any benchmark, I can stomp it.

Darth Viscera

ah. I'm now talking incoherently. $30 for the mini-hub. The other computer (2 Win98 pcs) is on a different subnet for @Home, and as a result, we can't network them

Darth Viscera

oh really?

Celeron 566@706@83mhz bus@1.55volts on an Abit VH6 (1.0 board) VIA 133A chipset w/4x AGP and Geforce2mx with 128megs PC100 ram, 1 UDMA/66 13 Gig Maxtor drive, one 4 gig UDMA/33 WD drive, running Win98, SBLive!Value, MS Intellimouse Explorer, Viewsonic A75f 17" Digital Flatscreen monitor, Linksys 10-BaseT PCI NIC, MS Sidewinder Force Feedback 2, Logitech Quickcam Web USB, MS Internet Keyboard PS/2, Cambridge Soundworks FPS2000 Digital surround speakers. I need a faster processor.

Nupraptor

Hm? I seem to recall you having a faster box. I'm not going to list everything, but I have an Athlon 800, 128 mb RAM, GeForce 2 GTS, SB Live! 512PCI, 30gig 7200 rpm HD, MS Intellimouse Explorer, 19" Optiquest monitor.

Darth Viscera

okay, you beat me.

can't post anymore. i got in trouble

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast