Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TSO Leaders (new fleet rules)

Lord Tavington

Re: TSO Leaders (new fleet rules)

Though I probably have no say in the matter...I'm with Dark Cloak... Existing tech stays and Shipyard numbers should be normalized. I think that getting rid of new technology is unrealistic. Time has passed and mistakes were improved and good things were made better. That's the way things go as far as tech. Of course you can get rid of outrageously powerful technologies. I propose though that building times be set according to the mass of a ship. This is because it is unrealistic for one to build a ship 20 Km long and only several meters in diameter and to take 10 weeks. The more massive a ship the more supplies needed and thus more time to assemble. Superlasers should be allowed but only one per faction on a vessle of their choice be it DS, wraith class SSD, or enslaver class SD. Also in moving fleets for battle they should come in waves... you can't just move a whoole massive fleet all at once...say space it out into groups of ships over a period of time. I don't know... that's my two cents worth. I am willing to negotiate the rules.

Grand Adm Thrawn

"OK HELL NO namely because I have a DS and half of my fleet is new tech CSDs,CSSDS,Nightcrawlers,MOSQUITOS,CWCs, Sentinals, INCUBUS hecubus and Sucubus cruisers each of which I researched properly... "

Did you ever do a 3 month long RP for your DS?

and i spent along time disinging and building NSD's the EHSD, OF and ASD's.

SwFans fleet rpg sucks, giving up a few things is the only way to safe the rpg

"and I have spent a LONG time conquering planets to build shipyards on. And there is no way a NR faction should have more yards than an IMP faction. "

i spent over a year building yards and conquesting worlds.. igving up a few things is the only way to save swfans fleet rpg

"For one the NR gets most of their ships by hijacking IMP and another they are nowhere as rich as the Empire."

you have to be high right?

the Nr is the greast force in the galaxy.. you forget about 60% of the Nr is TIE.. when i defected things changed

"My compromise is increase the IMP yard number and/or decrease the NR number or equalize the two,"

nope.. one word kuat

"and The CURRENT tech stays. I suggest we have everyone report their tech to a neutral board where everyone can view it in an OOC manner. "

nope, have to do a damn good RP like i did to get a NSD and like what Gav and blade are doing for zues project, only way you can get he tech

"And I get to keep my DS which is under repairs. Hell I gave up alot to purchase my baby and if I lose her t's gonna have to be in a RP."

huh? when did you build a DS? if you bought it from Gue then that DS was destroyd long ago by GMA

"Note: I do like the superlaser rule though........except for my DS"

nope

Cloak i dont really care if you agree or disagree SIN only has two members to my knowlage you and sean and that doesnt make you a imperial faction

------

: garret

you know i am god and they will listen to god

I been making the fleet rules since i brought fleet rpg to swfans and my ideas are sane.. plus i know how to go about geting new rules installed.. you dont must j=make a thread at SwFans saying GET RID OF YOUR FLEETS AND START OVER!!!! that gets you nothing

i think the zues project will be legial.. i put a side note for the excludes because i know the people who will take the time to take the new tech or huge ships know how to roleplay with it

"Out of intrest when you say the number of ship yard per faction, do you mean per planet or total? "

total

"Though I probably have no say in the matter...I'm with Dark Cloak... Existing tech stays and Shipyard numbers should be normalized. "

nah

"I think that getting rid of new technology is unrealistic. Time has passed and mistakes were improved and good things were made better. That's the way things go as far as tech. "

if you can do a GREAT! gp about the tech then more power to ya, but if you cant then shut up

"Of course you can get rid of outrageously powerful technologies. I propose though that building times be set according to the mass of a ship."

nah, a ard building 2km a week is a great time

"This is because it is unrealistic for one to build a ship 20 Km long and only several meters in diameter and to take 10 weeks. The more massive a ship the more supplies needed and thus more time to assemble. "

nah to complex

"Superlasers should be allowed but only one per faction on a vessle of their choice be it DS, wraith class SSD, or enslaver class SD."

if you can do a GREAT! rp about gaining then and useing them more power to ya, if not SHUT UP

"Also in moving fleets for battle they should come in waves... you can't just move a whoole massive fleet all at once...say space it out into groups of ships over a period of time. I don't know... "

nah, mass fleet attacks should not be a prob.. if someone does make a HUGE fleet attack the other party can not accept the fight because they dont want to roleplay with a little boy who is a power freak.. garrest made a great point.. the battle of hoth

"that's my two cents worth. I am willing to negotiate the rules."

most of what you said you seem to have ignored my side note on excludes....if you do an oustanding RP about gaining/creating the tech the go for it... but if you end up making a 5 post thread about building a DS (ie what gue did) then dont even bother trying to use it

Jedi have agreed to the 5 the Nr having 5 yards

side note'i had 2 hours sleep and am very bitchy so if i pissed you off deal with it

Live Wire

Travington and DDC you are not members of TSO so if you want to debate this take it to another board.

*sighs*

Grand Adm Thrawn

yeah! i asked for TSO leaders.. wait till i come to your boards then bitch about things

@#%$ will agree

Dv will agree

SIN dont really care if they do or not i'll just ignore then if they dont

RSO hopfully will agree and if not they arent active enough to cause a rift

TSE not sure

Grand Adm Thrawn

: you banned the sodaboys name thats funny

Live Wire

lol! Yeah I know those are pretty much the only two curse words at TSO.

Lord Psychic

These rules do seem fair.

Emporer Hades

I know I'm not a leader...here, of any sort...I haven't even recieved a master yet! But, I would like to state my opinion on this given I am a part of TGE/GMA, and I'm a leader of another Imperial-based group, TGS(it does have more than 5 members even though most of you most likely haven' seen it). Anyway, I really do think that the amount of shipyards for every genre of group should be more even. You all discuss 'realism,' when in truth, you are really excluding the idea of realism by limiting stronger, more spread-out group's power. Also, I believe this fleet down-sizing can be changed. After all, since it is only for seperate fleets, anyone could simply re-proportion their fleets to have exactly 100, or less ships in each. Finally, I think that a new rule of this should be discussed by, and agreed by ALL groups in SWfans. You will just be giving yourselves a disadvantage by agreeing to a limitation rule while other groups aren't even paying attention to it, throwing the balance off even more...

Grand Adm Thrawn

"I know I'm not a leader...here, of any sort...I haven't even recieved a master yet! But, I would like to state my opinion on this given I am a part of TGE/GMA, and I'm a leader of another Imperial-based group, TGS(it does have more than 5 members even though most of you most likely haven' seen it). Anyway, I really do think that the amount of shipyards for every genre of group should be more even. You all discuss 'realism,' when in truth, you are really excluding the idea of realism by limiting stronger, more spread-out group's power. "

a sith faction of 50 people should never be equal to the NR

you have no vaild point

"Also, I believe this fleet down-sizing can be changed. After all, since it is only for seperate fleets, anyone could simply re-proportion their fleets to have exactly 100, or less ships in each. Finally,"

fleet down sizing shall be super vised by me to make sure it is fair. the fleet leaders will post there fleets then post there down sized fleet, if it isnt fair then they shall re order till it is fair

" I think that a new rule of this should be discussed by, and agreed by ALL groups in SWfans."

who said it wont be?

one step at a time... one step at a time

" You will just be giving yourselves a disadvantage by agreeing to a limitation rule while other groups aren't even paying attention to it, throwing the balance off even more..."

most will agree and those who do not well they are not the type of people we want to roleplay with then.. these rules are fair... they end all problems at swfans in terms of fleets.. only those who want to keep god moding and have HUGE un-realistic fleet will not agree

btw im god

Emporer Hades

I have nothing against the rules for the Jedi and Sith...I also believe that the Jedi and Sith shouldn't hold huge naval power, because that is not primarily what they are based on unlike the Imperial and NR. But, once the NR has caught up with the Imperials in terms of ships...will you even out the amount of shipyards between the two?

Grand Adm Thrawn

GMA and TGE (merged yet they insist they are two seperate groups) have 6 yards together

the Nr has 5

the Nr will not be catching up to imperial fleets enless the sith attack the imps or intra imperial wars start (all highly unlikely)

these rules are based on current events and if they dont work then new rules will be made

Emporer Hades

Well...I'll follow Vis on this, since he is now almost the spokesperson for the Imperials...And also...I really don't want to give up these 6 40km shipyards Dace just donated to TGS since there was placement problems in his organization...

Warmaster Vong

Don't forget about the Yuuzhan Vong!!! How many shaping grounds (equivalent of a shipyard) are we allowed.

Grand Adm Thrawn

how many members do the vong have?

if you count as a faction then i dunno... there is only one vong so 2?

Warmaster Vong

There are Five Members actually of the Yuuzhan Vong.

We can live with Two Shaping Grounds for the time, since we still haven't made an IC appearance in the known Galaxy (still located in diff galaxy)

Warmaster Vong

As asked by Thrawn. Here is how the Yuuzhan Vong will fix their ways to these rules.

All Designed Vong Technology is to be allowed at SWFans, for all Vong tech is designed, being as there is no official tech in the realm of SWFans or specific data anywhere.

We will have threads about each of our tech designs at SWFans that will be made well, as to be accepted as a legitamite group.

The Three Planets we control int he Vong Galaxy will also be played out in conquering, for legitamicy.

Our fleet will be totally scrapped and remade, according to these rules and RPed.

We will have 2 Shaping grounds to make our ships on.

Sith Summoner

Okay i know that you haven't asked for TSE's opinion yet and I'm not going to give it. I just have a couple questions.

1)TSE has no SSD's. We have 3 SoSD's and 1 ESD. Would it be allowable for us to downgrade them to SSD's?

2)The 1 SSD per 10 ISD's. We don't have any ISD's either. Our fleets consist mainly of cruisers, so what would you consider equal. Note: TSE has Strike Cruisers and an offshoot of it Wraith Cruisers, in most tech specs it is said that 2 of these ships equal 1 VSD.

3)Tech. What are we talking here? New ships? new weapon systems? I can understand when it comes to stuff like DS and Galaxy guns but I'm curious how limited we are getting. As someone has said, time has past, it is only logical that some new tech should be allowed within reason of course.

With those questions posed I'll bring this up to TSE now so we are ready when you come calling

Dark Lord Dyzm

I was wondering the Same Thing, Down Grading our Ships?

Each Fleet has 1 SoSD or ESD.
    What if we Downgrade them to SSD's?
    And the SSD's Downgrade to 3-4 Impstar Dueces?

Emporer Hades

Ack, what's with all of this down-grading? If you keep downgrading you'll soon end up with millions of squadrons of fighters...Anyway, what groups have agreed to this new rule thus far?

Grand Adm Thrawn

"1)TSE has no SSD's. We have 3 SoSD's and 1 ESD. Would it be allowable for us to downgrade them to SSD's?"

good question... dunno.. will ave to work it would later

"2)The 1 SSD per 10 ISD's. We don't have any ISD's either. Our fleets consist mainly of cruisers, so what would you consider equal. Note: TSE has Strike Cruisers and an offshoot of it Wraith Cruisers, in most tech specs it is said that 2 of these ships equal 1 VSD."

well sith really shouldnt have command ships.. i doubt the jedi will have any

"3)Tech. What are we talking here? New ships? new weapon systems? I can understand when it comes to stuff like DS and Galaxy guns but I'm curious how limited we are getting. As someone has said, time has past, it is only logical that some new tech should be allowed within reason of course."

all tech, use what is from the sw universe

if you can come up with a bad ass thread or threads in search of some tech or building some ship then go for it

the rules need a bit more.. ill try to figure up a dow grading system so those with only tech they made up will think these rules are fair

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast