Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TSO Leaders (new fleet rules)

Grand Adm Thrawn

TSO Leaders (new fleet rules)

NOTE: these rules are based on current affairs.. when things change so shall the rules

----

ShipYards

All yards are 40km

Yard builds 2.0km a WEEK

Number of yards per faction

New Republic Factions are allowed 5 Shipyards

Imperial Factions are allowed 3 Shipyards

Sith Factions are allowed 2 Shipyards

Gungan Factions are allowed 2 Yards

Jedi Factions are allowed 1 Shipyard

*note- to be deemed a faction you must have more then 5 members

2nd note* the reason the NR has 5 yards is to make things more fair... right now the NR has several enemy factions after them... namly RSO, TSE, TSO, TGE.. those enemys combined have OVER 9 yards greatly out matching the NR..

------

Excludes

No new tech allowed(ie. NSD's ASD's ect. are out)

No ships bigger then a SSD(ie. no SoSd's or ESD's)

No superlasers

No suncruisers

No World Devestators

No Deathstars

No Galaxy Guns

note* if you prove that you can roleplay very well in making or useing any of the above stated you may do so

If you dont understand that what i mean is if you can make a interesting plot about geting and useing the tech then it will be okay.. but if you just do a 10 post thread about geting it then use the tech or ship or what ever in short sentences then dont even bother..

------

Battle Rules

It must be agreed apon both partys to fight

You must allow your enemy time to reply to your post

You must first weaken a ships shields/hull over 10 posts before being able to destroy it

Fighters may be destroyed in 5 posts by a 2km-4km ship, in one post if done by a 5KM ship or larger

*note if a fighter is a fighter pilot character it may not be destroyed but only disabled enless both partys agree on the kill

Dog fights between fighters, you can not destroy a fighter with a fighter enless agreed by both partys(allowed to disable over 10 posts)

-----

Down sizeing- start only

All groups must down size 60%

Down sizing will be supervised by Thrawn to make sure the fleets are fair.. if a fleet is mainly made up of New ships and after down sizing the fleet has about 10 ships then it is a givin that some Sw universe ships will be added

-----------------------------------------

EDIT- took out the 100 ship rule, added a small side note as to what makes a down sized fleet BS

EDIT- changed the down sizing 1 SSD to 10 ISD's rule to a more fair type deal

brought Nr yards down to 5

added gungans yards

changed fighter rule

Lady Vader

Re: TSO Leaders (new fleet rules)

I cannot speak for all the leaders here, but I will voice my own opinion...

as I read the "rules" I didn't see any problems with it, though it is possible I missed something...

you will have to wait until the others arrive and view this before a decsion is made...

Grand Adm Thrawn

alrighty

btw my title rules.. and if you change it to the one i have at GJO i'll kill you

JediBoricua

Like Thrawn said GJO already approved this rules and want all the other major and serious group to approve them also.

We know we will get fire from TGE and other "warlord" groups with delusions of grandure, that is why we ask for your help.

Dark Lord Dyzm

So to make SoSD and NSD will need a RP to make them and have them take 3 times as long to build?

And I think Super Weapons are Ok, if you make the building time longer. So long that most people will find them useless.

Darth Viscera

Those rules are one-sided, and favour the New Republic only. Try again.

The Lounge Lizard

I also tend to disagree strongly with these rules.

Grand Adm Thrawn

"So to make SoSD and NSD will need a RP to make them and have them take 3 times as long to build?"

No, NSD's and SoSd's will be void.. enless you have resources, man power, and money to build them along with a damn good and long streching RP.. mass producing ships of that size will not be allowed

"And I think Super Weapons are Ok, if you make the building time longer. So long that most people will find them useless."

if you do a damn good and long RP making a galaxy gun or Deathstar then it will be allowed.. I know that Gav can roleplay with all of the excludes with out god moding but most people in fleets today can not..

Dv please explain how so.

LL then what needs to be changed.

The Lounge Lizard

The territory of the Empire is rather vast now, in comparison to the New Republic. I suggest that the NR shipyards be cut to either 4 or 5.

Also, I think the downsize should be across the board, not only to fleets over 100 ships. If not, a fleet of 101 would find itself far behind a fleet of 99, which is rather inane.

Also, what determines the "BS"-ness of a fleet? I utterly despise that clause.

Also, I think fighters are ridiculously hearty in these rules. They are merely fodder, and saying that an ISD cannot terminally engage a squadron of fighters in one attack is rather a stretch

Lady DeVille

As a part of TSO's council I think that these rules are reasonable sounding. Of course, I am only one voice. I am most interested in hearing what LL has to say, as I respect his opinion in these matters...

Grand Adm Thrawn

"The territory of the Empire is rather vast now, in comparison to the New Republic. I suggest that the NR shipyards be cut to either 4 or 5."

You forget that the Nr has about 5 fleet groups attacking it all the time when you add up all the imperial and sith factions even with 6 yards it is still greatly out matched.. if the Empire was one group i would agree with you but there are 3 imperial factions.. if the Imperials unite then the NR shipyards will go down to 5

Right now the NR owns Kuat the greatest shipyards in the galaxy so i think 6 is fine

"Also, I think the downsize should be across the board, not only to fleets over 100 ships. If not, a fleet of 101 would find itself far behind a fleet of 99, which is rather inane."

agreed

"Also, what determines the "BS"-ness of a fleet? I utterly despise that clause."

well i have to say all the command ships floating around, in defending kuat over 20 command ships were in that battle... that is insane..

"Also, I think fighters are ridiculously hearty in these rules. They are merely fodder, and saying that an ISD cannot terminally engage a squadron of fighters in one attack is rather a stretch"

then how would you change the rules on that aspect?

The Lounge Lizard

I'm still leaning towards five on this one, because the possiblility of coordinated attacks have traditionally been quite slim.

Okay...now that you've defined "BS"-ness, I agree. Command ships should not form the main strata of a force, and should only be made in extremely limited quantities.

I would say any capital ship under 2km would take 5 turns to destroy fighters, 2-4 km, 2 turns, and 5+km, 1 turn.

Grand Adm Thrawn

"I'm still leaning towards five on this one, because the possiblility of coordinated attacks have traditionally been quite slim"

true but as you can see from current events mass attacks in the same time line have been happening...

about 9 NR worlds are being attacked by 4 diferent groups.. TSE, GMA, TGE(now merged with GMA but they did set up an attack to take place as the same time as the coruscant attack) and SIN.. thats alot against one force and enless they have a slight edge posablity for victory is slim...

i'll see what the jedi council thinks on this...

"I would say any capital ship under 2km would take 5 turns to destroy fighters, 2-4 km, 2 turns, and 5+km, 1 turn."

sounds good.. i just had a thoght, fighter pilot characters are poping up and it would piss them off it they got destroyed so how about a fighter can only be disabled if it is played by a character, it would go against basic SWFan rules to kill off a character with out thier say so

The Lounge Lizard

The fighter thing sounds good...

As for the shipyards, if you afforded GMA 4 shipyards instead of 3, I see no problem with NR having 6. The reason on this is, GMA controls quite a hefty chunk of space, second only to NR.

Edit: We're remarkably close to coming together on mutually-agreeable fleet rules. I hope we can bridge this one last disagreement.

Lady Vader

*listens with interest*

the rules have greatly improved from the original... I know we're trying to keep everyone happy here...

Grand Adm Thrawn

Alright i'll make the changes about the fighters and ask the council about the yard deal.

DarthDarkCloak

OK HELL NO namely because I have a DS and half of my fleet is new tech CSDs,CSSDS,Nightcrawlers,MOSQUITOS,CWCs, Sentinals, INCUBUS hecubus and Sucubus cruisers each of which I researched properly... and I have spent a LONG time conquering planets to build shipyards on. And there is no way a NR faction should have more yards than an IMP faction. For one the NR gets most of their ships by hijacking IMP and another they are nowhere as rich as the Empire. My compromise is increase the IMP yard number and/or decrease the NR number or equalize the two, and The CURRENT tech stays. I suggest we have everyone report their tech to a neutral board where everyone can view it in an OOC manner. And I get to keep my DS which is under repairs. Hell I gave up alot to purchase my baby and if I lose her t's gonna have to be in a RP.
    Note: I do like the superlaser rule though........except for my DS

Peter L McCoy

<FONT SIZE="8">FINALLY!!!!!!</FONT>

...the Rock...has come back! To TSO!

In case ayone is wondering, it's me Garrett! I am just logged in as my real name 'cause Garrett is.....running late as it were. He's lost time you see! *Evil grin and laughter*. or is that lost in time? I forget, my watch is broke you see! LOL!

Seriously though! Finally, somebody with a bit op sense and a bit of influence and reputation so that people will listen to him! God knows how long I have wanted this, but nobody would listen to me because I am a nobody in essence.

Anyways, that aside, Thrawn! Well done my lad! I can happily say that you are perhaps the only one besides myself and Gav who has any sense! Although the two of you have more courage than me in speaking up. In actual fact - I thought everybody would have ostricised me if I proposed rules of that nature, namely Gue, @#%$, a few here at TSO, most of RSO, NR, Viscera, all Imp factions though not Jedi, for obvious reasons. Also, another person I thought would reject such rules was.......YOU!

Anways, I have no complaints to those rules, though i thank you for raising the issue about roleplaying large scale projects...

<A HREF="http://pub2.ezboard.com/fswvstitanicstarwarsroleplayingarchive.showMessage ?topicID=2149.topic">The Zeus Project</A HREF>

On a final note, I have to say one thing............

<FONT SIZE="5">The Battle of Hoth</FONT>

...you've all seen the movie - I HOPE! - and you all know what happened! The Imps only attacked with one of their only SSD's and a single Standard Imperial Fleet of Imperial Star Destroyers. Perhaps it was 2 fleets but that makes no difference. They had no need to use more. And even though they were superior to the Rebels, the Rebels still managed to escape Hoth with most, if not all, of their equipment and personnel. So finally things will be rational and realistic! As for TSO Fleets, myself and Dyzm and Lord Psychic will have to discuss how they will be reshaped!

Lord Dagger

Out of intrest when you say the number of ship yard per faction, do you mean per planet or total?

Live Wire

hmm......I started a discussion thread in our SSC about this for us to talk privately.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast