Thread: Obryn Shan, report for training.

Satine Capashen

Obryn Shan, report for training.

Alpha stands in his favored courtyard and sits cross legged, waiting for his new apprentice...

Obryn Shan

Re: Obryn Shan, report for training.

Obryn having been called to report for his initial training and conditioning, makes his way through the great halls of the GJO temple, respectfully taking a curt bow to all passing Jedi Masters and Knights.

Stepping out into the courtyard, his eyes take a short glance around, spotting his Master Satine in a meditative state, approaches him.

Taking a bow before him, "Master Satine..."

Satine Capashen

Alpha opens his eyes and smiles at his new Padawan.

"Ah, welcome Obryn. Your first training session is a little more free than the others will be. Answer me this: What would you like to work on during this session? Force-techniques, fighting styles, or lightsabre--or other weapon--fighting?" As Alpha says this, the Jedi Knight had gotten to his feet, his smile still on his face.

Obryn Shan

Obryn returns the smile, "Master, I do have a strenuous martial arts training with my father, Nyman. He was a former New Republic soldier and helped liberate many worlds from the Empire's tyranny. However I can not even comprehend the depth of the Force but have experience in Force telekinesis. A gift I can call upon by will. But I would like to learn more, perhaps I have more gifts that I have not yet discovered."

Satine Capashen

"Very good. I'm glad to hear you have some control over the Force as it is. Tell me, can you lift something as big as...this?" Alpha points to a large weapons rack filled with assorted antique weapons.

"Or this?" He opens his other hand to reveal a tiny coin.

Obryn Shan

He scratches his chin thoughtfully, looks from the weapons rack to the coin lying on the palm of his master's hand. He nods his head, grinning, "Well Master, if I had my choice I would prefer neither to lift a weapon or money. But as a serious demonstration of the Force... the weapons rack looks well within my ability."

Satine Capashen

"Try it." Is all Alpha says, thinking to himself that it will present a slightly greater challenge than it would appear. The base was weighted down to prevent it from moving in high winds.

Obryn Shan

Obryn turns toward the weapons rack, drawing the Force through himself, with upraised palm he shifts the rack to the right with a loud ... "Scrape!". Raising his hand higher still, the rack lifts several inches off the ground but he feels gravity resisting. Obryn closes his eyes briefly, drawing deeper on the Force, he feels the resistance drift away as he opens his eyes. The rack is afloat eight feet in the air.

Satine Capashen

Alpha smiles, impressed.

"Very good. That is actually better than I could first do. Now, about you expanding your powers, what part of the Force do you want to begin training in first?"

Obryn Shan

Obryn uses the Force to slowly lower the great weapons rack to the floor. He turns to Satine, "Thank you, Master. I would like to exercise Force enhanced healing and stamina techniques. And I would eventually like to explore whether or not the Force has given me the gift to produce elemental phenomenon."

Satine Capashen

"As you wish. Though indulge me. What do you mean elemental phenomenon?"

Obryn Shan

"Why yes... the ability to produce wind, rain, fire, or lightning by drawing in the Force. I did not mean to sound so objective. I guess I have listened too much to the scientists blindly grab for straws with speculations and inferred suppositions while trying to grasp the mysterious source of this gift. Something Jedi and Sith alike know so intimately."

Satine Capashen

"I understand. Now, about the Force healing and Force Stamina techniques. The healing is fairly hard to learn, so let's start with the Stamina Techniques."

Alpha opens himself to the force, letting it flow through him and give him extra energy.

"First, open yourself to the Force, and let it flow through you. Once you do this, you can manipulate it to give you extra energy for anything you might need. Try it."

Obryn Shan

The padawan listens attentively to Satine's direction. Obryn nods, closing his eyes, he commences breathing excercises to enhance his sensitivity toward the Force. To draw it in. He sits still for what seems like an eternity but may have been realistically several minutes. When Obryn feels the air around him become intensified, he concentrates on his bruised thigh, instantly there is tingling numbness spreading throughout the bruised muscle. He opens his eyes and touches his thigh, there is no pain or soreness as he kneads the area.

"Master, my bruised thigh is healed, there is no soreness there anymore." He excercises the healed limb to make sure it is not imagined.

Satine Capashen

"Very good Obryn. Now try it for stamina."

Alpha smiles, pleased with Obryn's success.

Obryn Shan

"Master, how may we test my ability to enhance my stamina by using the Force?" The padawan looks about the area... seeing some training and excercise objects in the distance.

Satine Capashen

"Well, testing it is a little open since what tests my own stamina might not do the same to you. So, would you like to try the training equipment to see how you can do it?"

Obryn Shan

"Yes, Master, I appreciate hands-on stamina training." The Padawan follows his Master towards the excercise equipment.

Satine Capashen

"Alright," Alpha says as they get to the equipment. "Choose one."

Alpha sweeps his hand around the area, where training bikes, weight lifting machines, and other things, such as a Stairmastre looking thing, sit, waiting to be used.