Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: whats the rules on letting people in here?

Figrin D an

Re: whats the rules on letting people in here?

Basically, for people to have access to this forum, they must prove themselves to be trustworthy, be they Master, Knight or Padawan...

Shutting out all padawans simply on the basis of rank is not the solution. However, we should not allow just anyone to have access to the Temple Avalon forum. Having the council vote on every new potential admission to this forum is incredibly inefficient, yet the choice of admittance should not be made on a whim by a single administrator...

How about this... to be considered for entry into the forum, a person must have been "approved" by a set number of admins/council members... say four for the sake of argument. Once this has been achieved, a thread regarding the issue is opened and will remain open for a 48 hour period in which people can voice any concerns about said person's admittance... if no major concerns are voiced, the person can be allowed access... if someone has a significant problem with someone being allowed in, they can make their case and then the council can vote on it... that will allow some trimming of the 'red tape' by saving a council vote for only extreme circumstances...

Also, let's keep the voting process open and in this forum... it promotes a development of trust among the entire group when there is no discussion behind someone's back...

ReaperFett

yes, I also get that. Ive already had people moan at an opinion Ive given. Also, it does sort of affect the voting. For example, when Leeloo/Rannd wanted back, opinions were given. When its a vote on promotion, everyone always agrees. Whys that? Maybe because they are reading what you put? Im not voting in the promotionthread, accept to put forward Mike. They know why. But its the principal that if I post, I get 5 IMs asking why, which is also known as pressuring

Darth Turbogeek

If people are questioning you dude, you just have to say to your opinion and your not going to relent. I for one wont think less of you, even if it's contrary.

Then again, if you were a Padawan, would you be forward in questioning something I said? Guess there's a flip side to that as well.

TUJK

Thought you were full enough of yourself to withstand any pressure Fett (and that's a good thing)

Jace Darklighter

I would have to agree with Figrin. I believe I was allowed access to Temple Avalon after I had been a Jedi for two months and I was active. However, it took me close to 7 months before I became a Knight. Seven months, (give or take), would be a long time to wait until access is given to Temple Avalon for any Jedi. Most of the time, it takes a long time to become a Jedi Knight here; which is good. So I say for each individual the time should be different. Figrin's idea seems perfect since it allows our opinions to be voiced on whether that certain Jedi should be allowed access.

ReaperFett

when people ask me, I just ignore them

But what appens if someone on the council is swung easily? Suddenley, the council has 15 members, all making one person change his vote.

And remember, I disagree with knighthood before 3 months. If we did that, I wouldnt mind. Out people are getting promoted after a month or so, and I think that is plain wrong. And these people are getting in after a fortnight or so. I didnt even KNOW of the GJO board until a month after joining!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12