Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: *ahem*

Ayanami Rai

*ahem*

Ok, I think there needs to be a restatment of the rules for the battleground. Lately there has been a few people (that remain unnamed on my part) that have been pulling God mode crap, and I think something should be done. something along the lines of star wars related powers take precedence. OK?!? There has been too many people going off of the star wars line. Discussion should be held on this and action should be taken.

General Ceel

I try to stay within the SW universe. But i notice that whenever myself or one of my gungans enter the BG, some of the sith suddenly have every power known to man. And i've had enough of people hacking my limbs of and trying to give me fatal injuries......rgp is losing its appeal.

Ayanami Rai

Sith..let me use this phrase again...*AHEM* I believe most jedi's have been pulling this crap.

ReaperFett

MOST Jedi? There are few of us at the mo. Does Yog? Borucia? Me? Bear? Well?

General Ceel

Well regardless of who it is.....it needs to stop

Ayanami Rai

look at some of your enwest recruits, my dear. I'm not saying ALL jedi, and I'm not saying sith don't do it too. Btut either way, it needs to stop. I clearly remember it being one of the rules. NO GOD MODES!

ReaperFett

they are new, we can't expect them to be perfect. There are a lot of new Sith, they are the same. Everyone is like that at first. People learn

General Ceel

I'll try to keep the Gungans in line........as long as others don't go into God mode when fighting us.....we then we will have to retaliate

Master Yoghurt

The correct way to prevent this problem, is saying it is God mode and why it is. You then ignore the unfair move in the battle, and continue to beat the crap out of your opponent.

ReaperFett

I think more people need to be how the best here fight. They will 'waste' posts. They wont neccesarilly win over that post, they will go for the story. I remember Ogres first fight, when he fought me. He spent a post trying to lift pebbles! It was great! Many do this, but not many well. The best for this are Ogre, Lynch and Yog of the top of my head. We need more to be like them

Pracid Trip

Considering I haven't NOT taking a brutal bashing the last few time I've fought; I don't think God Mode is a problem for me.....but I can't speak for the rest of the Hunters and I do agree with Ceel- RP is loosing its appeal. Too many people not enough knowledge..

Master Yoghurt

The trick is addressing excactly what you concider God mode or non-SW in the thread it happens. This way, the person in question will learn.

General Ceel

This all about fun.......too many rules and you take the fun away....the same happens with to few rules.............RPG has become totally battle oriented and the story has suffered because of this..

Ayanami Rai

I think there should be a claer statement of what is allowed and what should be ignored. When new apprentices arrive, just be sure to state the rules clearly and specify. THAT's the way they learn

And GC, you have a point about the whole appeal of of RPG. I think a lot of people have taken the fun out if it being star wars, and made it into something else, of what I'm not sure.

Pracid Trip

I think SWFans.Net needs to show who's incharge around here or else we need to find some other website that actually knows how to run an RPG-

General Ceel

I think its time to update the rules of the BG.
    Any ideas?

Master Yoghurt

I agree with Ceel. Remember everyone, this is supposed to be fun. To "win" a fight is not necessarilly the most important thing. Quality of story telling and entertainment value is.

The rules should be clearer, but not overly detailed.

Pracid Trip

Ceel; I apreciate the drinking thread in my honor; but for some reason...when i try to post a reply it says "YOU ARE BLOCKED" Just UB me when u get a chance

General Ceel

I think that every battle should start with a few of these things:

. Don't just start a thread saying "Do you want to fight?". You should include a setting,and a reason for the fight. Give some description of what is going on and actually create an atmosphere. Tell us what you sense or feel...ect.

General Ceel

I remember unbanning you...........i'll go and check in out!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast