Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Forum Specific Moderator *All Please Read*

Atreyu

The issue of whther the mod is a Jedi, Sith, Imperial or whatever shouldn't arise. A mod is being appointed to moderate, nothing more. If a mod is revealed to favour their side over all the others when they moderate then they shouldn't be a moderator. I can't see that happening though. Last year the 3 mods were myself, jjwr and CMJ - all Jedi, and there were no problems.

Lady Mara Jade

Agreed. The Sith had no real problem with the jedi mods. Everything ran smoothly.

The Lounge Lizard

I had previously said that I would put my name in the hat for moderator. I'd now like to withdraw my name. I'm sick of the decisions and politics that have to be made, and I fear that this would interfere in my roleplaying.

Bounty Hunter Dreyas

Whether or not y'all get someone to change posts around, y'all need to save old threads instead of doing these little things. We've lost all the Son of Turbogeeks to my knowledge and lost a good bit of the battles too. I think we gotta do something with all these people making useless posts that destroy old posts.

ReaperFett

The SOT thread part one is saved. I posted on it when it was at the very bottom of 20. 2 is about 3 pages back

Atreyu

They intend to set up an archive forum like Replica Props has so those kind of threads can be saved. The new mods will be able to help moving threads to the archive forum as well.

Well it's been around 4 days since jjwr originally asked. Is this enough feedback to make a decision, or do we still need more?

Darth Turbogeek

Should be plenty of time. Decide away.

ReaperFett

Have you noticed how quickly threads are going now? I read 2 months ago the threads I read before joining. It was one where a Sith attacked the Jedi in a tank, and was attacked by some Ewoks, who were fried, and one which ended with stormies attacking. Now There is only about a month of threads

Atreyu

Main reason is because the forum population has more than doubled (maybe even tripled) in the past 6 months so there's more traffic. Also people these days seem to be posting more and more new threads - unlike in the old days when a thread would be used somwtimes for as long as a whole month before a new one as setup.

Darth Turbogeek

Yes, that's true. I've almost lost track of the new additions. We seem to be picking them up from the chats I think. Better, we also seem to be keeping people as well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12