Page 1 of 14 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: RETURN OF THE JEDI ORDER - THE INVASION (ROLEPLAY)

Master Yoghurt

RETURN OF THE JEDI ORDER - THE INVASION (ROLEPLAY)

Greetings fellow roleplayers!

In this roleplay, the Jedi and New Rebublic fleet with allied forces will attempt to invade and capture the Sith Empire Headquarters in a surprise attack. The Jedi also have numerous sub objectives which will be revealed during the battle. The setting takes place after the "Battle of Coruscant" (Imperials and Sith did well in that one) and unrelative to the "Deathstar" (still not finished) roleplays.

Any group in the roleplay may participate, and any roleplaying character may jump in at any point.

There are a few rules:

1. No killing or dismemberment.
    2. Force based powers take presedense.
    3. Equipment, ships and weapons should be related to or similar to what is found in the SW movies or EU literature. A good deal of creative freedom and but not to be used to an unfair advantage.
    4. Actions which is considered "God Mode" may be ignored. Example: Defeating your opponent in one post or posting actions that can be categorised as unrealistic or highly unprobable.
    5. 1-3 posts per character is allowed per day, depending on the response time of opponent (you should allways give opponent time to react).
    6. Signatures should be used for the first post of each character, and then disabled for the rest of the roleplay to allow fast loading.

Some advise for the roleplayers to enhance the quality of the story:
    * Try to describe where your character is, what he wears and what he carries.
    * Be detailed in your descriptions of what your character thinks, feels and does.
    * Description of how the character looks like, his background and what is important to him/her, adds flavor to the roleplay.

Is everything clear? Good. The games may now begin. To all the players:

Good luck!

Prologue:

***The Battle of Coruscant had caused heavy losses to the allied forces. The Sith of TSC and Imperials had also suffered heavy losses, but they had regained their strength fast. And meanwhile, an even greater threat had risen and threatened to terorize the galaxy: The Sith Empire. Despite turmoil in leadership, the Sith Empire had grown at a frightening rate, and The Greater Jedi Order was no longer the dominant group it used to be. Recruiting of new members and the forming of new alliances restrengthened the Order, but still.. still it was not enough to change the balance. During the rebuilding of Jedi Temple at Coruscant, the Jedi Council discussed how to deal with the situation. They had just analysed the data retrived after the quest for the Cala Stone. A group of Jedi had gathered around the Council Table to discuss the new situation. A projector started to casted text, describing the Sith Headquarters. The first screen hovered in the air..***

<font color=lime>
    ------------------------ACCESSING PAGE 1-------------------

Planet: unnamed
    Climate: cold, rainy
    Terrain: mountainous, scrub brush, some forest patches
    Atmosphere: within standard tolerable limits
    Gravity: within standard tolerable limits

Armament:
    - 4-8(?) heavy quad laser turrets
    - 4+(?) heavy dual-repeating multi-directional laser mounts
    - 1 high-power orbital range ion cannon
    - high-yield proton torpedoes(?)
    - proton torpedo launchers(?)
    * DATA INCOMPLETE *

Defenses:
    - stonesteel composite armour
    - Local Area Shield System (L.A.S.S.) -currently not active
    - advanced sensor package with early warning system
    - combat droid garrison(?)
    * DATA INCOMPLETE *

COMPUTING..----------------------------------- </font>

The hologram projector shoved screen after screen with details of the base. Some of the info was gathered as a result of an accidently unencrypted message on the Sith during a signal relased by accident of the Sith. Others were provided after recent reconnaisance raids. Spy droids had surveyed the planet taking satelite photos:

<font size=+2 color=lime face="LCD", "Verdana", "Arial">
    DECRYPTING...

<a href=http://www.home.earthlink.net/~ena/_uimages/HQ.gif>Image A</a>

<a href=http://www.home.earthlink.net/~ena/_uimages/HQ2.gif>Image B</a>
    </font>

It was first silent, then Boricua started to speak..

Boricua: In the name of Puerto Rico.. mon.. their defenses look vulnerable! Dudes, this is a good time for a surprise attack! (removes sunglasses in excitement)

Verse: Yes, I have to agree. Lets grab this chance and beat the crap out of them!
    Yoghurt: A daring plan that sounds as. And attack? A Jedi use the Force for..
    Alpha: Lets forget that sentimental crap and realize the potential of the situation! Me and Versey know the Headquarters well. We could lead an assault team into the headquarters.
    Figrin: Are you sure this would work? Perhaps diplomacy..
    Verse: Listen to Alphy! Lets surprise them!
    Garik: It is definitely time for action. I grow bored!
    Boricua: That is cool man. But we we need assistance of the New Rebublic. There is a chance General Scorpions fleet, The Imperials or the Crimson Bloods arrive. Who knows, perhaps even TSC.
    Alpha: My fleet will assist..
    Rmiao: I will join the airforces.
    RHJediKnight: Ditto to what he said
    DT: I am in. Will you join me Figrin?
    Figrin: Definitely.
    Leia: Well, you can count me and my sister Amazon in.
    Reaperfett: Aye

*The rest of the Jedi nods.. it is decided*

Admiral Lando

A few months later

Onboard the MC-90 "Freedom"

Admiral Lando paced back and forth across the bridge, waiting for General Azeem and Acbar to arrive.

Lando: General! Admiral!
    Azeem: Lando!
    Lando: It is good to see you again!
    Azeem: What is the situation?
    Acbar: We should be jumping out of hyperspace any minute now.
    Azeem: Is everything ready?
    Lando: Yes, every soldier and Jedi. We also sent a message to the Gungan Council, hopefully they will arrive to help us.
    Azeem: Gungans? You must be joking!
    Lando: No, the Gungans are powerfull wariors. Mesa like the Gungans.
    Azeem: That is good, but are there any bad news?
    Lando: Yes, Boricua suddenly had to leave for an undetermined period of time to teach Wookies about the ways of the Jedi. It is uncertain when he returns to join us.
    Azeem: It is unfortunate that he is gone, but he will be back, I am sure of..

***FIVE MINUTES LATER***

::The New Rebublic fleet and Dragon fleet enter from hyperspace at point blank::

Lando: Engage phase A - Operation Silent Thunder!
    An officer at the bridge: "Yes sir!"

The New Rebublic Fleet:

Out in space:
    * 5 Mon Calamari Cruisers, A wing and Y Wing fighters take position at possible entry points from hyperspace. Mines and gun turrets are deployed, in case of a surprise counter attack.
    * The rest of the fleet is in standby position, ready for any surprise counter attack from hyperspace.

At the planet:
    * 3 MC-90 Mon Calamari Cruisers are positioned in orbit of planet, releasing squadrons of fighters. 10 blockade runners are positioned in orbit to prevent any escape.
    * 5 Nebula Class B frigates arrive at surface and start unloading troops, weapons, vehicles, ammo and supplies.

AdmiralAckbar247

Captain: Their shields are up!
    Acbar: They have detected our presence! I told you to jump out of hyperspace at poin blank range of planet orbit!
    Captain: Their sensors are tracking us!
    Acbar: Bombard the area around the headquarters with electromagnetic bombs! That should knock out their communications arrays and radars. We might take out a defense system or two!
    Captain: What about the shield generators?
    Acbar: We will deploy our groundforces to deal with that situation! For now, start the bombing and release those fighters! I want full airsuperiority! Attack anti air defenses and their hangar!
    Captain: Yes sir!

:: As the bombs hit the grounds right next to the shields with tremendous blasts, an electromagnetic shockwave spreads, knocking out sensitive equipment like radar and communications systems of the Sith Headquarters. The shields weapon systems are unaffected::

A few minutes later, fighters entered the atmosphere.. transports landed in distance from the Sith Headquarters and started deploying the ground forces...

Bounty Hunter Aki

:: is lying on her bed in her inside of the Sith HQ is wearing her dark blue-purple body suit. She senses the odd shift in the force, puts down the book she was reading and looks out the window ::
    Hum, the Jedi are near...
    :: grabs her staff,her two lightsabres,and has Celes folloow her and goes to inform the other Sith ::

Lady Mara Jade

It's nightfall at the Sith Headquarters. Her mind filled with the thoughts of recent events, Mara Jade emerges from underneath her small spacecraft. Her hands dirty with grease from tweaking with her engine in an effort to increase speed and performance. She looks around the empty hanger and sighs slightly, then walks silently to her room and begins to pack a small luggage bag. She hears several footsteps behind her and turns quickly only to see her pet bot standing in the doorway

"Waspinator not know why we go from this place. Waspinator likes it here." Says the bot, looking down at the floor and fidgeting with his hands. Mara walks toward him.

"We don't have to leave," She smiles, "I just want to. Don't worry...we'll be coming back soon. You could always stay here if you want."

The bot thinks about this for a moment. "No," He answers at last, "Waspinator go with fleshy bot on her ship. Waspinator see new things in space."

Mara smiles slightly then takes her pet by the hand and walks back to the hanger. They make their way into the ship and Mara sits in the pilot's seat. She then fires up the engine. After a few short minutes the hanger doors open and they blast off into the night sky.

Just as they clear the atmosphere Mara spots the fleet of ships...

Figrin D an

Under the cover of the planetary bombardment, a single ship launches from the hanger bay of the fleet command ship. The Azure Starfire, personal ship of Jedi Master Figrin D'an, turns toward the planet, carrying two passengers, Figrin himself and Darth Turbogeek. Figrin engages the ship's cloaking device, masking them from the Sith detection grid. The ship speeds towards the planet surface, whipping through the outer atmosphere.

Figrin: DT, our gear is stowed in the cargo hold. Go get it ready, I'll bring us in for a landing.

DT nods and moves to the back of the ship.
    Quickly dropping through the cloud cover, Figrin pilots the ship towards a small clearing approximately 2 kilometers from the Sith compound. Dropping the landing gear, the Azure Starfire touches down. Figrin shuts down the main systems, leaving auxilary powewr online to maintain the cloaking device. Figrin joins DT in the cargo hold. The two head down the ramp onto the planets surface.

DT: Looks like we weren't detected. Let's hope it stays that way.
    Figrin: The fleet did a good job of providing a distraction. We're about 20 minutes from the complex on foot. Let's get moving.
    DT: I'll head for the main housing area. Shouldn't be difficult to get into the outer portion of the compound.
    Figrin: All of the scouting reports said security in that area wasn't too high. As soon as I get to the medical facility, I'll signal on the com link. Good luck, my friend.
    DT: Same to you. May the Force be with us.

The two Jedi head off towards the Sith headquarters with great stealth.

verse dawnstrider

::Verse looks at the Sith HQ and smiles. He then turns to his troops and issues them to attack (see Verse's Tale.)::

Master Yoghurt

A highly customized YT-1300 corellian freighter, the "Silver Falcon" enters the atmosphere. The weapon systems lock on Mara´s ship; the Waspinator...

Here are the specs for the ship!

YT-1300 (MF) "Silver Falcon"
    Designation: Multipurpose Transport/Freighter
    Manufacturer: Corellian Engineering Corp
    Modified/Customized by: GSC Drive Yards

Size: 26.0 m
    Crew: 2
    Passengers: 8

DESCRIPTION: Similar to the legendary "Millenium Falcon", but even faster, more heavily armed and better shielded, it has incredible fighter and bomber cababilites. Without a doubt, the most advanced YT-1300 ever built - a flying miracle. According to rumours, there is a miniature, but fully working cloaking device inside..

SPECIALS: Engine nozzles capable of; wide angle thrust vectoring, reverse thrust, Y thrusting and side thrusting. Afterburners capability for ion engines. Liquid Nitrogen cooled exhaust ports and engine casings for IR-stealth. Hidden cargo holds for smuggling. Extendable telescopic robotic arm. Tractor Beam.

DROIDS: 1 Zero-G Utility Droid, 1 Emkay MK-09 maintenance/repair droid, 1 R2-D2 unit, 1 protocol droid.

AGILITY:
    Hyperdrive: Highly modified class .50 hyperdrive
    Reactor: I-S3 ionized reactor
    Main Engine: 4 custom designed ion engines
    Cruise speed: 25 mgit
    1,150 km in atmosphere
    Top speed: Unknown (After Burner capability)
    Acceleration: 27 MGLT/second
    Maneuvrability Rating: 110 DPF

ARMOUR:
    Titanium reinforced hull. Radar-Absorbent coating.
    Hull Rating: 142 RU
    Shields taken from Corellian Corvette..
    Shield Rating: 400 SBD (!)

ARMAMENT:
    1 turbolaser
    1 firelinked ion cannon
    4 double blaster cannons
    1 proximity mine layer (load: 4)
    2 multipurpose torpedo launchers
    (fires most rockets, torpedoes and bombs)
    Standard Warhead Load: 16 (maximum 24)

COUNTERMEASURE:
    12 chaff/flares
    1 decoy beam
    1 radar/IR jammer
    1 holographic projector
    1 target computer scrambler array
    1 scanner blocker

SENSORS:
    Radar/IR warning receiver
    High performance flight/tactical computer
    Class A navigation and ship database
    High bandwidth communication array - 24 bits encryption
    Military grade decrypting unit
    Military grade ship/sector sensor array

[Edit: Forgot my own signature rule!]

Xanatos Etanial

::Xanatos walks down the hallways of Sith HQ and walks by a window. Glancing out he notices the shapes emerging from the sky... a battle fleet::
    Oh... crap...
    ::Xanatos quickly runs back to his room and grabs his armor, throwing it on as he runs towards the HQ entrance preparing for the eminent ground attack::

Ayanami Rai

::walks to the door of her room inside headquarters and sees Aki walking down the hall.::

Aki: They're here.

::Aya stands for a minute and watches Aki walk down the hall. She runs and quickly puts on her body gear and runs to the hanger to find Mara's ship gone. She pushes a few buttons on the side of her gear, and the hum of an engine is heard. Aya gets on the Pallas Athena and heads towards the outer atmosphere::

Jedi Alpha

A signal comes through to the rest of the New Republic.

"Sorry I'm late...But here we come!" Yells Alpha over the comm. All at once a fleet, led by the <i ragon's Honor[/i] appearsa with the rest opf the fleets and launches fighters.

On the bridge of the Honor a lone figure dressed in black battle armor with two light-katanas and a dagger on his belt stands Alpha. He shouts out orders to the different fighter squads and goes down to the landing bay, to get into his personal fighter. As he hops into the @#%$pit Alpha communicates telepathically to Verse.

"Ok Verse. I'm gonna get hit on purpose and pretend I crashed...I'll meet you at our rondevous point. Bring some explosives..."

Alpha streaks out of the hanger bay and goes straight down to the Empire HQ. Alpha's fighter gets hit with a ion bolt, and starts breaking up in the air. Just before the fighter crashes Alpha jumps out and rolls to absorb the impact. Even though he broke his fall Alpha armor cracks in places. He uses the Force to make himself invisible to everyone and heads inside the Sith HQ.

Darth Dyzm

:: In Space, 25 kilometers away from the closes Capital Ship, a giant asteriod slowly drifts. A Ship Comes Out of HyperSpace Right above the asteriod, and proceeds to land on it. On the Bridge of the Black Lighting, Dyzm Ki'Tasu watches the Attack on the Planet, He stands and walks to the living quarters, sliding into his Yuuzhan Vong Battle Armor, and Sticks his LS in to the Recharger::

(OCC) I will only tell you some specks of my ship.

Advance Sheild

6 Duel Proton Torpedo(12 torp tubes)
    2 duel Heavy Rocket Lunchers(4 rocket tubes)
    2 Space Bomb holds

Cloaking Device

2 Quad Lazers

Space Mine

And Has 4 Destroyer Droids On Board All the Time

Figrin D an

Reaching the wall of the compound, Figrin pauses and scans the vicinity. Three guards stand near the base of the northwest guard tower, looking towards the far horizon. Figrin pulls out a small scanning device, pointing it at the wall. The screen on the device dsplays the compund layout just beyond the wall. Using the scanner, Figrin pinpoints a weak point in the wall. Reaching into his pack, the Jedi removes two blocks of polymer explosive. Figrin attaches the bricks to the wall and places an infrared detonation device to the explosive. Moving several meters from the wall, Figrin takes cover behind an outcropping of rocks. Figrin switches on his comlink.

Figrin: Explosive set. What's your status, DT?
    DT: Bombs are planted, I'm starting to climb the turbolaser tower. ETA, 5 minutes.
    Figrin: Confirmed, detonation in 5... 4... 3... 2... 1...

Figrin hits the button on the remote. On both sides of the compund, explosions rock the outer walls, blasting holes into the main complex. The explosives contained bits of magnesium, which shot skyward upon the explosion, burning brightly as a signal to the ground forces.
    Guards scurry about, trying to determine what has happened.

Figrin leaps from his hidding place and maneuvers towards the opening the wall, avoiding detection from the confused guards. Alarms blare as the entire compound is on full alert. The Jedi Master moves through the opening into the medical lab and begins to secure the area...

Xanatos Etanial

::steps from the shadows behind Frigin::
    Going somewhere Jedi? :raws his sword::
    Not before you go through me first.

Darth Turbogeek

:: The Jedi leaps out of the turbolaser tower, Unseen wiuth the black cloak billowing He smiles as he hits the detonation button for the limpet mines

BOOOOOMMMMM

The pieces fall everywhere as DT moves into the shadows and his next taget::

Jedi Alpha

After the explosion Alpha appears behind Figrin, making him jump.

"thanks for the little entrance...If you'll excuse me I've got some stuff to blow up..."

Alpha runs in and starts off to the generator room, looking for Verse on his way.

General Scorpion

*A loud rumble of the bombardment was heard as Scorpion ran down the hallway, not bothering to tell anyone for everyone most likely already knew.. One of his larger task forces was on the other side of the planet and had just reported the attack.. A little late, Scorpion thought dryly.. The force was already beginning to orbit in defense formation.. Scorpion picked up his datapad to check what ships were there..

Flagship: Imperial III-class Star Destroyer Mammoth

Secondary Flagship: Imperial II-class Star Destroyer Glorious

Heavy Ships:

Imperial II-class Star Destroyer Unstable
    Imperial I-class Star Destroyer Unstoppable
    Victory II-class Star Destroyer Impervious
    Dominator-class Star Destroyer Ill Fortune

Escort Ships:

3 Dreadnaughts
    2 Nebulon-B2 Frigates
    4 Strike Cruisers
    2 Lancer Frigates

Darth Turbogeek

:: Moving with all possible speed, DT mows down quards and moves for the comms towers. He gains the other areas and Force leaps to the structure. A brief sabre cut gains access and a tossed in bomb will take care of the rest.

He leaps away as the next bomb explodes, knocking out communications... now if the Force was with him, next the EMP device he carried in the shield room...::

Darth Turbogeek

:: Signals to the fleet

"Comms knocked out, Turbolasers knocked out a one corner... come get em!"::

Darth Dyzm

:yzm Smiles as he decodes the Attacking Ship's Transmissions, he powers up the engines on the Black Lighting and Engages the Cloaking Device, he heads toward the planet::

At Last I will Get Whats Mine,

Page 1 of 14 123411 ... LastLast