Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Death Star Attack

Darth Grendel

Grendel, battered and bloody, walked over the corpses of fallen Stormtroopers as he headed towards the power core. His left arm limp and useless, he carried Soulreaver and his right arm.

At last before the power core, he buried the blades of Soulreaver into the floor and reached for his pack, laying it onto the console, and pulling out the bomb. Grendel began the activation sequence, but cursed the Heavens themselves as he realized that he couldn't activate it with only one hand!

Frustrated, he picked up Soulreaver and began to smash equipment and consoles, destroying them utterly!

"DENIED! I ... WILL ... NOT ... BE ... DENIED!!!"

Grendel fell across a console, defeated and dejected. There was nothing he could do. Thrawn won this round, and the thought made Grendel sick to his stomach.

"Is...is there something wrong?"

Grendel looked up to the meek voice, and saw a New Republic tech slowly crawling out of her hiding place.

"Who are you? What are you doing here?"

"I ... I was supposed to sabotage the power core. But... I didn't ... I didn't want to DIE! So I got scared and didn't go through with it! My name is..."

"Never mind that, now! I need your help!"

"But...you're a Sith!"

"And I'm your ONLY hope for survival! Will you help me?"

Grendel reached out with his only good hand. The Tech, trembling in terror, reached out and slowly took it.

"I...I will!"

Darth Turbogeek

DT to everyone

Get out! The laser is down and there is a BIG surrpise coming up....

Using the hacked computer, DT makes sure the required systems are down, steps back and blows the terminal to pieces

OKay, now i get out of here too

Master Yoghurt

Meanwhile..

*At the Superlaser control room.. three officers prepares to power up the Superlaser..*

::Suddenly, there was a slight movement in the Force..::

Commander: "I dont feel so well.." (a funny look in his eyes)

*The commanding officer, dizzy as he is stumbles to reach for a glass of water.. the young lieutenants seated at their controls, look worried at each other.. what was up with their commander?*

Commander: I need to be alone for a while.. leave your posts.

"But sir!"

General Scorpion

*Hearing the signal, the URSF breaks formation and turns, moving safely away, but still close enough to provide cover fire.*

Sniper Tondry

*An insignificant freighter enters the system.*

Time to lay...

*The sniper watches the attack play out.*

... low.

*Tondry shakes his head and clasps a hand to his brow.*

What the hell? Why do I always get the short end of the screwjob? But... maybe I could make some money off this.

*The freighter sends a message out.*

Anyone who needs a lift off that thing, give me a holler and I'll help... for a price.

Darth Turbogeek

:: Dt signals on a private band::

All yours now... fifteen minutes and do what you came to do

Tech : Yes Sir. My wife will be revenged

DT : May The force Be With You

Tech : And you too Sir

Darth Grendel

The New Republic Tech worked feverishly as Grendel snapped directions to her on the activation sequence. Berating her every time she made an error in the activation sequence and they had to begin again. The Tech was drenched in sweat as Grendel hovered over her, barking directions. EVERYTHING about the situation terrifying her! She found no consolement in the icy stare of the Sith who stood before her.

"The left wire goes in the #3 hole, not the #2! You flip the 5th switch and THEN align the power coupling!"

And so it went, until finally, almost impossibly, the Tech completed her work! A flush of pride overcame her at the accomplishment! A pride that soon faded once she felt Grendel shove her out of the way. Grendel activated his communicator, sending out a signal to DT.

"Turbogeek, I have set the explosives in the core. You have 10 minutes to flee before it detonates. Spread the word. Grendel out."

Grendel pushed several buttons on the bomb, and a countdown began on the screen. 9:59...9:58...9:57...

The Tech looked at Grendel hopefully as he pulled out his respiration equipment, putting it over his head.

"So... will you save me now?", she asked hopefully.

"No. There's only enough oxygen in this tank for one person, and that person will be me!"

Tears began to gush from the Techs eyes, as she fell to the ground, clutching at Grendel's leg.

"Please oh please! I don't want to die! Please you have to help me! Please, don't leave me to die here!"

Grendel kicked her off, and looked down at her in disgust.

"The only life here that matters is mine. You're nothing. In the grand scheme of things, you will not be missed!"

The Tech looked up at Grendel, and then fell on the floor in a foetal position, crying her eyes out as she fell into total despair as she realized the fate she would meet. Grendel looked down at her in disgust as he awaited the countdown. But disgust wasn't the only emotion he felt. Somewhere, deep down in the recesses of his heart, he felt pity.

A Nameless New Republic Tech

He sees the other two in the distance, but he doesnt care. He has detirmined this will be his final shot at the Empire, for killing his family.

He unpacks the gas containers, filled with Hydrogen Peroxide. He set the detonators and the Concussion missiles, aims them at the core. He sets up the Peroxide bottles, begins to allow the peroxide to leak out.

Now it will be time to wait....

9 minutes.....

Firebird1

*Firebird1 hears the transmission.*
    10:00....hurry up!!!

Jedi Rebel X

Re: *An insignificant freighter enters the system.*

::Jedi Boricua and Rebel went ahead of the group and finally make it to where Firebird's ship is but it's blocked by some troopers. The troopers fire and the jedi deflect the shots back at them. Rebel pulls out his blaster and shoots some more. Boricua and Rebel jump into the ship as some troopers shoot at them. Rebel points his blaster back out and shoots them down. Dangit, where are the rest of the guys::

General Scorpion

*According to open sensor readings, the Scythe gets a good idea about where the Jedi will be taking off from. All ships form a wall on both sides of the bay, blocking enemy ships.*

Captain Tohmahawk

Oh crap....

The Captian get out of Turbolift and runs for the waiting Firebird1's ship..

"Get ready to go! we have 8 minutes!!!"

Firebird1

*Firebird1 sees the oncomming techs and heads to his ship's c*ckpit. He leaves the rest of the Troops to his Drones and ship blaster cannon.*
    K9: The Ship is ready...
    Firebird1: Excelent.

General Crix Madine

Watch out for those Nebulon Star Destroyers. They got have some serious Gravity Well projectors. Flank them from the left with fighters and from the right with the Star Cruisers in sector 54. That will set them at them of position..

SMC150 "Home One", MC-90 hope, MC-80 Blizzard II, fire their turbolasers at the starboard shields of the enourmos NSD. The bridge officers of the NSD transfer shield energy to the starboard section. Suddenly, the Nebulon G Tsunami and the MC-100 "Liberty" approach from the back firing all ion cannons at the engines.. there is an engine failure and the huge ship starts moving out of position, making an opening for the escaping ships inside the DS.

Darth Ogre

:: Ogre snarls as the Jedi begin to enter the crew compartment of the ship. He turns away disgusted and walks through the door that leads to the c0ockpit, closing the door behind him, leaving the Jedi in the crew compartment ::

Lets get out of here quick, this place is going to blow.

:: he speaks to K9 and Firebird ::

Darth Turbogeek

Oh oh.....

5 minute warning beeps in his ear

Oh crap....

Firebird1, I cant make it. Get out.

Dt thinks hard... he sees he is near a hangar ba and with a moving attack, blasts his way through a group of troops to a TIE Advanced

Okay.. This will have to do...

3 minutes

Darth Grendel

The female Tech looks up as she hears the clatted of metal on the floor before her.

"Put it on. Quickly!"

The Tech looks at the breather before her, and looks up at Grendel, stunned.

"But ... what're you..."

"I'm saving your life! Now put it on and fast!"

The Tech wasting no time, put the breather over her face and the air canister on her back. Grendel then grabbed her and held her closely with his good arm.

They both looked at the counter on the bomb as it continued to count down, and Grendel concentrated. He concentrated on his hatred for Thrawn, and how he would FINALLY make that scum suffer! That hatred fed him, it nourished him, and with the power that it gave him, Grendel reached out to the Dark Side!

He and the Tech suddenly began turning insubstantial! Ethereal! The Tech was frightened, but Grendel held her tightly.

"Do not be afraid. You will live."

The Tech, surprisingly calmed by those words, looked back at the bomb, and so did Grendel. They watched as it counted down the final seconds.

0:05...
    0:04...
    0:03...
    0:02...
    0:01...

Firebird1

We're gone!!!
    *Firebird1 engages his ship's engines, and "The Falling Star" takes off.*

Darth Turbogeek

The motors fail start up.

Oh geez.... 30 seconds...

Darth Ogre

:: wlks into the c0cokpit and sits in the seat next to Firebird after having secured the hatch that lead to the crew compartment ::

Looks like we got two of the Jedi hitchers back there. Rebel and JB, and Captian Tommohawk.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast