Attack on the Death Star

Beep Bepp

Zzzzzzz

Beep Beep

Zzzzz… >snor<

Beep Beep

>Wha…?<

Beep Beep

The Jedi Master Turbogeek woke up as the incessant beeping of the comm. unit in the other room to that he was sleeping in blared out it’s alert of an incoming message. He ducked low as he rolled out of bed, mumbled at why the universe was so unfair, just as he had settled into the best sleep he had achieved in a week, after so many late nights setting up his new base on an abandoned island. He had managed to break into the old Sith base that had been abandoned a year ago, converting it into a suitable place to oversee the shipyard in orbit and also the planetary population. By circumstances this planet was now the sole possession of the Jedi.

He still didn’t trust the old base, so he had continued to sleep in the mud hut he had found, cozy and warm with a surprising amount of rooms. One he used as a sleep room, one other kitchen, another a guest area and the last a comms and computer room. The alarm from the comms unit blared again and the cursing Jedi went out and slammed a hand on the mute switch.

“What in the name of the Force could be so damn important” he grumbled. It was like he was even a member of the Jedi Order anymore, he had walked out when things there had gotten too far out of kilter for him to be the Jedi he wanted to be there. The New Republic sure as anything didn’t call on him either, despite the fact they were bankrolling the shipyard in geosynchronous orbit far above the planet. So who was it?

He sat at the chair in front of the unit, flicking the switch that would automatically authenticate the message as well as decode it for him. The lights blinked, verifying the encryption code, then blinked green for the okay. The sign “Read Message?” blinked from the screen, stating the obvious the Jedi thought. He touched another button and a figure popped up, the figure of someone he thought he might know….

“Master Turbogeek, I am Jedi Padawan Laim Jinn. I have been taken to the Death Star of Grand Admiral Thrawn and here are the co-ordinates. I have also got an access code I got from the mind of a Commander. Be quick”

The message ended. Turbogeek stared at the place the hologram had been and replayed the message, wondering if it was a joke. Who was this Liam Jinn? It clicked, this was a Padawan he had seen before he had left Dagobah. Rumour had it he was a former Imperial so if that was true, this message could be relied on? Not certain, he decided to make a call to someone

--

Beep Beep

“&*(*# off!!”

Beep Beep

A annoyed Jedi Boricua slammed the receive button on his comlink “What did I tell you? I said no interruptions!”

“Yeah right JB. Your probably smoking that wacky tobakky again. Now you want to speak to a bro of not?”

Boricua’s annoyance dissolved into pleasure. “Turbogeek! Hey Mon, How hangs it?”

“To the left. I need some help bro”

“Hey name it cool daddy”

“You know of a Liam Jinn?”

“Hey mon, he be cool! What you need t know?”

“Can he be trusted?”

“why hey mon, he be cool!:

“Good. What time is it at Dabobah?”

“Morning mon.”

“Okay, I have a message I want you to see. I’m downloading it now. It is local 3:00am here, but I am awake now. Play this to the Council. Okay?”

“Hey mon, what be so important?”

“Just look and get back to me. DT out”

Boricua saw his comlink blink as the message was downloaded. He walked over to a display unit. Punch up the stored message and watched as the message from Liam Jinn replyed. He looked in stunned amzement, then bolting for the door he yelled into the hallway.

“FIGRN! RMAIO! EVERYONE ! GET IN HERE ! “

--

Beep Beep.

The Jedi reacted with all the speed he could, answering the incoming call. The image of Jedi Master Rmaio formed and bowed.

“Jedi Master Turbogeek, I bid you greetings”

“Hello Rmaio. Did Boricua get the message to you all?”

“Yes he did”

“And?”

“Will you lead the mission?”

Turbogeek smiled, nodded. They conversed for a few minutes as Turbogeek gave Rmaio some instructions and also a list of people he wanted to join in the mission.

“Report here in two days Rmaio. The equipment we need will be ready. I want a Imperial standard shuttle here as well. No Problem?”

“No problem DT. The Republic is supporting this move to the fullest. And we will also have some allies you don’t expect”

“Oh?”

“20 million credits will buy a lot of help”

“I don’t want to know. As long as we have an escape path and big help, that will be fine to me.

“Okay DT, see you in two days. Rmaio out”

The Jedi Master stared at the place Rmaio’s image had been. He looked a the local time, 4:15 am. Nothing more he could do now, so he went back to bed, t be ready for the day coming.

--

“Lady Mara”

Zzzzz….

“LADY MARA!!!!”

>Whazz..<

The ex Sith Lord, now Jedi Padawan woke up, bumping her head gently on the wall. With a quiet “Ow”, she slumped back, opening her eyes. She saw it was light and there appeared to be a human at the entrance of her doorway. Her mind came to attention quickly as she reached out with the Force to see who it was. Ahhh, It was her Jedi Master, Turbogeek and he was poking his head through the dorrway that lead into the guest room of the mud hut the Jedi now lived in. she looked at Turbogeek with a lop sided smile.

“Hello Master. What are we going out for some exercise, or some training?”

“No Mara. We are going to prepare for some vistors coming in the next few days.”

“Oh? And what are they coming for? To hear your words of wisdom?”

“Turbogeek snorted. “Oh yeah as if. No, much better… we arre going to plan how to destroy a Death Star”

Mara face turned serious. “Your kidding me”

“No I’m not. A Jedi Padawan has gotten onboard and has supplied us with passcodes for a small shuttle and a possible weakness. Come on, up with you. We have a lot to do”

“Okay, okay! How about you let me get dressed?”

“Wha..? Oh sorry, of course. I’ll se you at the former Sith base”

She nodded and Turbogeek left. Getting up and stretching to loosen her muscles, she cast her eye over the clothes she had, deciding on a jumpsuit, mottled grey, basic but perfect for anything. She dressed quickly, then attaching her light sabre to her belt, she went outside. The rain on the hut caught her out, she ran out, going to a hoverbike that she had parked nearby. Cursing the freak of weather that always made the sky’s above the hut dark and rainy, Lady Mara kicked the bike into action, blasting off toward the Sith castle.

Much to her surprise, it really WAS raining on the island, so by the time she had gotten to the castle she was soaked. Luckily, it was a warm rain and there was no breeze, hence it was almost enjoyable. Still didn’t dampen her annoyance at not having any wet weather gear. Parking the hoverbike in a hangar, near a similar bike that was still dripping, she looked on the ground to see a set of wet foot prints and drips, signalling Turbogeek was similarly soaked. Well, at least it made finding him easy.

A few twists and turns and she found a door the drips went into. She tried to open the door, but it was locked. She knocked and a few seconds later, Turbogeek opened the door, dressed in dry clothes, but hair still wet.

“There might be something in there to get into. Get dry and see me in the control room”

She nodded.

--

The shuttle landed not far from the Sith Base, the rain beating at it’s sides, rivers of water pouring off it’s wings as it settled to the sodden ground. The two Jedi waiting to greet the shuttle waited as the gangplank opened and the occupants singularly ran out and into the overhang, ducking out of the rain. There was handshakes and smiles as the Jedi greeted their much admired comrade, even if he was not part of the official Jedi Order. The selected Jedi were joined by some New Rebpublic Special Forces officers, lead by Captain James. T. Tohmahawk. A middle aged lump of a man, reprted to be one of the best unarmed officers ever, a genius on special attacks and weapons. Turbogeek and Tohmahawk had a rivalry that went back a few years, each trying to outdo each other. It was also notable that Tohmahawk was a smart arse, with a quip or comeback for anything. Not one of his more endearing traits, but it did not deflect form his undoubted ability, there were even rumours he had defeated Sith, normally considered impossible for those without the Force as an ally

“Okay, who of you is hosting this party?” he asked as he marched to the overhang.

“I am, would you care to get a change of clothes?” relpied Turbogeek

“What, you think I’m going to rust or something?”

The Jedi rolled his eyes skyward. This was going to be a long mission.

--

“Okay, is that everything?”

“Lets see, armour, portable shields, Handheld E-Webs, detonators, slicing computer, tools, Hydrogen Peroxide….”

“Yer… wha…?”

“You’ll see Jedi”

Jedi Rebel X shook his head. “Somehow Tohmahawk, I doubt it”

The soldier grinned a positively evil smile and continued to pack.

--

“Okay, are we ready” asked Figrin D’An, attaching his sabre to the Stormtrooper armour he was now wearing.

“Yeap. Next stop Mryrr” said JK Leia Solo.

--

A hand carefully removed a sessile salamader like creature from a tree and just as carefully put it into a secret compartment in the back of the stormtrooper armour he carried.

“Finished?” asked Boricua

“Yes. They should survive long enough for us to return them here” said Tohmahawk.

--

The shuttle made it to the final jump point. The Jedi and the New Republic troops sat quietly, beginning to ancipitate the end point of this journey… the Death Star.

In the command @#%$pit, Figrin , Turbogeek, Tohmahawk and Boricua all sat over the controls of the shuttle.

“Final course set Turbogeek. We can jump when your ready” said Figrin

“We must be insane. Just us going to destroy a Death Star?” said Rmaio, coming into the @#%$pit.

“Oh, I’m glad you noticed Jedi. What do you expect, cheerleaders and a marching band?” snapped Tohmahawk

Turbogeek shook his head slowly. He wasn’t sure what would be first, they go to the Death star or they threw Tohmahawk out the airlock. By the look on Rmaio’s face, DT was betting on airlock. “Yeah, this might be insane, but they are not expecting us and we wont ever have a better opportunity. Got the code clearence Figrin?”

“Sure have DT”

“Tohmahawk, none of your wisecracks now… you know what to say when we arrive at the Death Star?”

“Sure do”

“Okay then…. May the Force be with Us”

Turbogeek gently drew back the Hyperspace drive levers, the motors on the shuttle began to glow as they built up power, the roar from them building up in volume, the stars became lines and with a bang and the flicker of psuedmotion, the craft leapt forward and thrust itself into hyperspace.

The stars turned into the slow, almost hypnotic blue swirl of Hyperspace.

“What’s our ETA DT?” asked Rmaio

“One hour. Okay, lets get to it. Tohmahawk, your troops take over here. Alert us when we have a minute to go before Reaspace” replied Turbogeek

There was some shuffling about as the normal soldiers, dressed as Imperial officers moved to crew the command area. A Yasalar and it’s nutrient frame was settled into the roof of the ship, safely out of sight but also making it impossible for any Force user to pick their minds. The Jedi moved to the cargo area, where more troops and the rest of the selected Jedi for the assault waited. Turbogeek saw that Lady Mara was already in her armour, with only her helmet not on. Turbogeek smiled at his Padawan.

“You ready?”

“As always Master”

“Everyone else?”

Nodded heads.

“Good. I want everything double checked. We have one hour and then we take out this Death Star.”

--

Above the planet, the huge battlestation orbited the planet. It’s support fleet was dwarfed by the stations huge size. No far from the station, a small Lambda class shuttle came out of light speed and with precision moved into one of the hold paths that was set up for incoming ships. The controllers on the Death Star noted the small ship and sent out a hailing message

“Shuttle, identify yourself, your mission and your personell”

On the controllers screen, a haughty and even arrogant looking middle aged man came on screen.

“I am Major T’hawk and this is the shuttle Elegance. I have scheduled troop rotation. We are transmitting our clearance code now.”

“This is where we find out if the code Laim got to us is valid” mumbled Figrin behind the closed door of the command area”

The occupants waited in quiet expectation as they waited for the reply.
    --

On the Death Star, the officers watched as the shuttle’s clearance came through. They noted the shuttle’s mission was routine and scheduled. 40 troops and officers were on the craft and scans of it confirmed the number.

The officer nodded. “Clear them”

--

“Shuttle Elegance, your code is valid. Proceed to Docking bay as indicated on your screens. Death Star Command out”

There was a collected sigh of relief. “They bough it” said Boricua.

The shuttle continued to the indicated docking bak, folding it’s wings up as it moved to land. Troops marched by as the shuttle settled to the ground and began to drop it’s loading ramp. The hiss of landing gasses sounded out as 8 officers, dressed in Imperial uniform came out, and 32 troopers, dressed in full Stormtoorper aromour emerged. They marched in perfect military formation, with several troopers pushing equipment boxes. They continued to march, going further and further into the maze of walkways, looking for all the galaxy like a normal squad. Moving through the turbolifts to speed their journey, they shortly arrived at a muster room, at this point in time.

Major T‘hawk, in reality Captain James T. Tohmahawk looked around the room, nodded to two of the troops. They immediately moved away with two large boxes, on their own mission.

One of the stormtroopers remaining, her voice identifying herself as JK Leio Solo spoke up. “Where are those two going?” she asked.

“In case we fail. They are doing something independent of us” said Tohmahwak “In about two miutes they will have changed everything about themselves, so that even we cant tell who they are. I don’t even really know what they plan, thou I do know they are not intending to live…they are seeking revenge for losing loved ones”

Turbogeek, face hidden by his helmet closed his eyes. He had sensed the fanatical hate in those two a day ago, now he knew why. Godspeed to you both he prayed

“Okay ladies, gentlemen. You know you parts, now we are close to the superlaser, I expect us to go in and then get out. The other two are giving us 30 minutes to be at the shuttle before they pull whatever trick they have, so lets go!”

There was a general clatter as all prestense was dropped as now there was no need for secrecy. Shields hummed to life and guns were loaded, switched to kill. The Yalsalar they had would stop them being tracked by the Force, it would hinder the a bit, but it was necessary for the moment.

“Okay Jedi… lets GO!!’

The group ran for the Superlaser control base.

--

Captain Tohmahawk

OOC Sig off please

Racing for the Superlaser, The Captain mowes down a guard station as the Jedi follow him, shoot ing at anything that moves. Planting the odd bomb behind them to cause more chaos, explosions start to ring.

The reply fire, bounced off the persnal shields and the defenders, unprepred for this are cleaned up.

CT : SUPERLASER POWER GRID! GO!

Darth Turbogeek

:: DT busts a door down, to get into the local computer room they had found on a plan Liam had sent them. Straight aaway, DT pulls out his computer slicing tools, hoping he can get in without too much effort.

The Codebreaker begins it's dance::

JediBoricua

:: As DT gets busy on the slicing JB searchs for his specific target...the shields. Analyzing the plans on his datapad JB chose his quickest access way, he ordered Jedi Rebel to follow him. Undectetable throught the force he was, but not to the sensors. He left the computer room and threw a smoke bomb on the hall next to it. He sprinted down the hall, his body feeling sluggish without the force. All troopers on the hall fired away without accuracy, wild shots hit the walls and ceiling as the two jedi ran ::

OK Rebel you take a left here and I'll take the right. Go to the superlaser room, I'll take care of the shields.

Master Yoghurt

As the Jedi race through the corridors, they hear a voice in the Force..

~~May the Force be with you~~

Jedi Rebel X

::Rebel makes his way to the superlaser area. He meets a couple troopers and takes out his blaster. He dodges a couple shots and shoots the troopers in their mids on stun. He finally makes it to the superlaser room and shoots a couple more troopers. He pulls out some of the bombs and starts planting them in key locations::

Darth Turbogeek

:; the code breaker beeps

ACCESS ALLOWD

Oh good

DT starts to tap away::

Captain Tohmahawk

As a bomb goes off, the Captain ducks and in a special comms unit he has, he gives out three beeps.

"Man, I hope they come through" he whisphers

General Scorpion

*A small triple beep blares over the comlink system on the bridge of the Huntress Star Destroyer Scythe. General Scorpion, standing on a catwalk, overlooking a large, circular holo-projector meant for battle tactics, looks up at his officers.

"Alright men, get to your stations."

Set to pounce with a second's notice, the entire Unknown Regions Sith Fleet leaps into hyperspace.

Several minutes later, and not that far away, the Huntress Star Destroyer Scythe exits hyperspace, surrounded by other super heavy ships. Barely a second later dozens and dozens of Star Destroyers appear around them, followed by frigates, cruisers, corvettes, and other ships. Six brand new Paladin Cruisers jump out around the Death Star, about 20 klicks away on all sides, preventing any reinforcements from exiting hyperspace near the battle, therefore allowing the URSF ships to fight easier.*

Darth Grendel

DT continues hard at work on the computer, when he senses a darkness. A ripple in the Force. A darkness he has senses before!

DT lets go of his tools and quickly draws out Athona, activating the shimmering plasma energy blade as what looked like a ghost entered the room, passing straight through the walls! But it wasn't a ghost. DT recognized him IMMEDIATELY as the one who had destroyed Athona originally.

Darth Grendel.

Grendel looked at DT, utterly surprised to see him there, and drew out his fork-staff Soulreaver as he became substantial once more.

"What are you doing here, Turbogeek?"

I could ask the same of you, Sith scum!" DT retorted.

Grendel passed his eyes warily from DT to the computer console in front of him.

"I take it you're not here for the benefit of TIE."

DT looked at Grendel, puzzled. Grendel was wearing a backpack with an obviously heavy load within as well as various equipment. Breathing apparatuses, gas balls, and other items.

"And I take it you're not here for the benefit of TIE, either."

"No, I'm not. Thrawn threatened to attack The Sith Empire, so I'm here to eliminate the Death Star, his most powerful weapon. You?"

"I'm also here to eliminate the Death Star."

Grendel's brow knitted in confusion, as a thought occured to him which sickened him to the pit of his stomach.

"I never thought I would ever say such a thing, Turbogeek, but may I suggest..."

"... an alliance?" DT shot back.

"Yes. We have no choice. We could either fight each other and fail in our mission. Or we could ally and increase our chances at destroying the Death Star."

"And afterwards?"

"No promises, Turbogeek."

DT looked at Grendel for what seemed like an eternity. Finally, he deactivated Athona and held out his hand, which Grendel took in a warrior's handshake.

"No promises, then. But for now, Sith, we are allies."

Jedi Rebel X

::Rebel finishes planting bombs and runs out to his second location. Rebel cuts open the wall with his ls and places charges all around the inside power lines. He cuts open some more walls and places more charges on the power lines. He finishes doing that and goes to meet back up with Jedi Boricua::

Darth Turbogeek

::

DT : Okay, I need this comppter down. I have two fleets coming and I dont want this superlaser working when they turn up.

DT also Reaches out in the Force (He took out his Yalsalar not long ago, and reaches out for Laim Jinn, who is somehwere on this station.

DT ~ Liam! Follow my sense and get here fast!~

General Crix Madine

At the bridge of the flagship MC-90 cruiser Hope, General Crix Madine looked out of the viewscreen. Hundreds of fighters assembled and formed into groups of Delta attack patterns. A white flash and a roar of engines followed as the fleet went into hyperspace..

The stars became blurred and stretched into white lines wizzing by, as the Cruiser jumped into the unknown. This would be a day long remembered. It was time for battle.. time for war.

Darth Turbogeek

DT : COME ON!!! THE FLEET WILL BE HERE ANY SECOND!! GET THIS LASER DOWN!!!

Firebird1

*Firebird1's ship "The Falling Star" enters the landing bay of the Death Star after defeating a suprizingly small number of Thawn's TIE fighters.*

Firebird1: Status K9, what is going on here!!!
    K9: Current reports are small in number. General Scorpion is moblizing his fleet. Several members of the GJO are here and Darth Grendal is here.
    Firebird1: All right, get the ship secured and I'll see if I can meet up with Darth Grendal.

GuardPiett

*Pietts fleet exits hyperspace and takes position. . Piett orders all superlasers, turbolasers, lasers, and ion cannons warmed up. . . *

Captain Tohmahawk

CT : TURBOGEEK!! we have some gatecrashers wanting to help out!

DT : Let them. we need all the help we can get

CT : Party time

Tohmahawk plants the last charge and get out of the room he was in.

JediBoricua

:: JB's puts his night vision goggles on and locates the returning Rebel, he shoots down two more troopers and meets Rebel ::

"Any bombs left"

"Plenty sir"

"Good"

:: They both dash down the hall and enter the shield generator room ::

General Scorpion

*Cupping themselves around the front of the Death Star, the URSF's ships launch all fighters, ranging from TIE Daggers and TIE Advanced to the dreaded TIE Defenders and O-wings. They lock in furious dogfights with the Death Star's starfighters, exchanging vicious blows.

Meanwhile, the URSF's fleet is fighting back escort ships.*

Master Yoghurt

The New Republic fleet jumped out of hyperspace with a roar..

www.geocities.com/lordjya...fleet.html

The battle alarms screamed through the halls of the Battlecruiser. Echoing at every battlestation.. troops run to their positions.

"All posts. Red alert."

X-wings extends S-foils into attack position. The Head Up Displays flashes like a shortcircuited christmas tree as the enemy targets pops up on screen like red dots, bleeping a warning sound.

"All wings. Lock and load. Fire at will"

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast