Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Dar'Kal'arth Part 1: The Resurrection (private)

Lady DeVille

*Frowning in concentration, De'Ville nods once to her mistress and makes up her mind.* Why not! --its not like I'm going to be picking a fight with a squad of troopers or anything like that (not that I couldn't handle it)... Just following... *Turning to Live Wire again, she questions* Is the dinner tomorrow night or the next day? *and she hands her the shopping bag with the dress safely stowed within. As she awaits LW's response, De'Ville furtively looked around, and strapped her blaster to her right thigh. Her lightsaber was back in her room, as per instructions. There was no one in sight in the large room, but the hallway beckoned her in...*

Garrett Blade

Lady De'Ville stands in front oif the doorway. She hesitates once more before making her way towards and through the door. She enters a rather large looking room with absolutely no windows or doors and a large wooden table, of an exquisite design, in the centre of the room. 10 chairs circle the table all the way around. There are various datapads and papers scattered all over the table, it looks as though there was recently a meeting here - but for what??!!

Suddenly...a group of stormtroopers run towards the room from within the adjacent room - though there are no doors or a frame, just a square "arch-way" defining the boundaries of the two rooms. As the troopers make their way towards the room, Lady De'Ville draws her blaster pistol and aims at one of the advancing stormtroopers. But before she can pull the trigger, the blaster is shot out of her hand, injuring it in the process. And to make matters worse, a squad of Dark Troopers appear on either side of the "arch-way" and join the troopers.!!! And as if things weren't bad enough - they all were wearing ysalmari!!

*Sheer moments before the police units reach the room, as if from nowhere an impenetrable blast door slams shut, separating Lady De'Ville and the troopers and droids! Lady De'Ville walks slowly up to the door and notices a small logo in the centre of the black metal barrier -

<FONT SIZE="5">GBladeBlastDoors - Everybody's gotta die sometime, make sure you're on the right side!</FONT>

*Lady De'Ville smiles to herself as she thinks of Garrett Blade's laughing face looking down upon her from the void of Darlness he now rests within. She then feels a shooting pain up and down her arm where she was shot. She looks around and her eyes rest on a small wooden table. A glowing light appears...and within a matter of secounds it is gone...only to leave a small medpac...which she picks up and walks over to the side wall to her right. She then jumps slightly as yet another opening appears on the wall before her....again with a small logo...the initials on it are "GB"...and there is a sign just inside the door reading "Archives!"...*

Live Wire

*Live Wire looks in surprise at the stormtroopers comming towards her and Lady DeVille. Suddenly a huge blast door comes down seperating her and Lady DeVille*

Oh crap!!!!

*Lady DeVille was safe behind the doors but the troopers were still heading straight for her. Live Wire was still holding Lady DeVille's shopping bag but keeping that was the least of her worries. Live Wire pulled out her blastech pistol and took down two stormtroopers and then turned and ran. Civillians were screaming and getting out of the way as LW headed down the hallway*

I don't think this is staying out of trouble! I hope DeVille is okay.

*Live Wire quickly sends DeVille a telepathic message as she runs..* You're on your own for now. *she senses her apprentice's surprise but cant give that any mind at the moment. She knew that DeVille was resourcefull and would figure out something. Live Wire turns the corner and sees a small air vent*

Time to go electric.

*LW tosses the shopping bag inside the vent intending to pick it up later. As the sound of the stormtroopers gets closer Live Wire takes a deep breath hoping she wont get lost in the vent system. As Live Wire prepared to go into her pure energy form she was astonished when nothing happened. Live Wire looks down at her hands*

What the hell?!?!?!? This is not good. ummm......crap....uhhhh....

*Live Wire looks around frantically and see's a crowd of tourists heading her way. Making a split second decision she grabs the shopping bag and dives into the crowd comming out the other side dressed in shorts and a long shirt with a holocam around her neck. She watches as the stormtroopers continue to run down the hallway and steps back with the other tourists to let them pass.
    As soon as the group turns the corner Live Wire leaves the tourists and changes into the clothes of a municipal worker. Looking around cautiously she heads out of the building walking past the same squad of troopers that were chasing her moments before. Once out in the streets Live Wire starts to run back towards the hotel*

So much for staying out of trouble today.

*As Live Wire enters the hotel she runs right into Gav who was heading back to his room*

Gav: Whats wrong?

*Live Wire is out of breath and struggles to get her sentence out*

DeVille....municipal building...stormtroopers...got seperated....almost got caught....*cough* couldn't change form....*cough*...dunno where she is!

Gav: Great so much for keeping a low profile.

LW: I'm so Sorry I shouldn't have let her go

Gav: It's okay

LW: I should have kept a better eye on her. She's my responsiblity

Gav: Lets go tell the others and figure out what to do.

*Live Wire and Gav walk back down to the room where the others are gathered. Live Wire calms down enough to tell the others in a coherent manner what happened and how they got seperated*

LW: I dont sense that she is in immediate danger should we just wait till she can make her way back to us?

Garrett Felth: that might be the best thing to do. It would be very conspicious for us to go storming in looking for her. I say we stay put untill we hear from her or you sense she is in immediate danger.

*As silence settles over the group Gav turns to Live Wire*

Gav: You said earlier that you tried to change into your pure energy form and couldn't....

LW: That was scary....I just couldnt change. I could change how I look but I couldnt go into pure energy. I still can't. I am not sure why but this is going to make our mission a lot more difficult.

Gav: Have you ever not been able to change?

LW: No...never

Gav: Do you have any idea what could have caused this?

LW: *shrugs*

*Live Wire gets up and walks over to the window where she can see the imposing facade of the muncipal building. She didnt sense that her apprentice was in any danger but with the sudden limitations on her she wasnt willing to completely trust her senses.

With the warm air on her face she closes her eyes and opens herself up to the force. Sensing nothing unual in her surroundings she turns her senses inward, on herself, trying to see if there was anything different about her. At first she can sense nothing different...but then....as she concentrated and she felt the force flowing through her it was like she saw something on the edge of her peripheral vision. Something small....like the tiny pinpoint of light from a distant star...something that wasnt there before or at least something she hadn't detected before. Then suddenly as if by instinct she knew what had happened. She knew why she couldnt change forms. Live Wire's eyes flew open in shock and disbelief*

Oh my god!

*The others turned at her sudden outburst. Gav was up and by her side as Live Wire continued to stare out the window*

Gav: What is it?

*Live Wire blinked her eyes as if clearing her vision and turned and looked at Gav*

LW: Its nothing. Just something I realized.

*Live Wire turned to look at the others*

LW: If you guys need me I'll be in my room making some plans.

*Without saying another word Live Wire walked out of the room. Once in the hallway she leaned up against the wall and let out a huge sigh. She had this feeling like she just dodged a really big bullet and hadn't even known it. Either way it was really going to complicate everything*

Lady DeVille

*De'Ville's mind was racing, but for the moment she appeared to be in no immediate danger. She applied a self-sealing bandage to the blaster burn which ran from her hand to mid-forearm. She tried to lessen the pain with the Force, and could only take the edge off as she quickly riffed through the papers which had been discarded on the table.

She stuffed a few important looking datapads into the leg pocket of her jumpsuit to read later. She grabbed up her blaster and looked it over. The mechanisms had melted...it was completely useless --and hot! De'Ville dropped it in a hurry, and bit her lip.*
    Live Wire says I'm on my own... it seems thats not entirely true.

*De'Ville heads for the Archives, unsure of what she will find. As she passes through the opening, she hears banging on the blastdoors. Eavesdropping with the Force, she hears the crackle of stormtrooper chatter. She heads blindly down the hall she find in front of her, suddennly unable to sense the Force. The Dark troopers must have rejoined the others.

She popped into a large room, a library of some sort. Just as quickly the Force flowed back over her like a warm blanket. The room had a high ceiling, at least 18 feet, with wall to wall bookcases. Ladders were suspended from the shelves, and the musty smell of old books greeted De'Ville's nose. In the center of the room there was a glass topped display case with some sort of ancient document underneath. In even rows (six to a side) were file cabinets of a rich dark wood. There were three tables, and De'Ville imagined scribes hunched over their work by candlelight. There was a double door at the opposite end of the room. Over everything was a thick covering of dust.

On her second look, she realized that the far cabinet on the left side had strange markings that the others didn't. No, the dust was scraped away, there were distinctive hand prints on the top. De'Ville wound her way to the file, and tried to open it, being careful not to disturb any more dust. It was locked, but she manipulated the innards of the lock with the Force, and it opened. The cabinet was old, and it took some doing to open it with her arm in its condition. The files and papers inside were also old, the papers were faded. In fact, this whole 'archivey' room was ancient!*
    What on earth does he think I'll find here!?

*Reaching back to the back, she scrabbles around behind all the papers, and touches something cool and foreign. It was a datapad, taped to the back of the drawer.* Ah ha!

*She pulled it off, and stuffed it down the front of her jumpsuit. Suddennly the door burst open, and she had to duck down behind the cabinet. The Force was gone, and she was truly on her own.

De'Ville inched silently around the cabinet as two Dark troopers entered the library. They marched in towards the center, and she scampered behind them out the door. However, they heard her footsteps, and the troopers turned. There was nothing behind them to see, but one of them moved back to the doorway in time to catch a glimpse of De'Ville's back as she turned a corner at a run. Alarms sounded.

Unarmed, De'Ville ran down a wide hallway. She had to get out of the bubble... About twenty yards away from the library the Force came back, and she used the Force to find a way out of the building. Police units were everywhere. She used a mind trick to make the troopers think she was one of them. However she had to carefully avoid the Dark troopers and their worms. It was slow and tedious, but she finally made her way back to the main room where she had become separated from her mistress. The door was very heavily guarded, at least five armored troopers on the side that she could see, and at least that many on the other side.

De'Ville walked calmly and purposely towards the door, and to the outside. Just as she reached it someone shouted for her to stop. Without turning she knew that a Dark trooper had entered the room, and the game was up. The police at the door were thrown into momentary confusion as units farther away took potshots at De'Ville. She grabbed the door and yanked it open, propelling herself to freedom.

She found herself in the cool night air...glancing at her chrono she found it was about 12 am.*
    Was I in there that long? *De'Ville didn't hesitate, but ran headlong down the empty street. She was pursued for about a half hour, but she finally managed to lose the troopers. It took her at least that long again to find the hotel. The night clerk gave her a strange look, but said nothing as she ran up the stairs.*

ooc: edit--spiced up the ending, i was too tired before to make it very good

Lady Vader

*earlier that day, over at the Balmorra space port, LV disembarks from the luxury yatch, "Nova's Jewel", carrying a sachel, and heads out of the space port into the bustling city*

*she had come here for some buisness... seedy buisness... and was under the alias Malia Srelon*

*dressed in outlandishly rich clothing to go with her disguise, LV called a local cab to take her to the buisness center of the city*

Live Wire

*Live Wire looked at her chrono when she senses Lady DeVille enter the hotel and she runs out of her room to meet her*

LW: Finally! I was so worried about you!

LD: Sorry I took so long getting back. I didnt even realize I had been gone for so long.

LW: What happened to you durring all of this time? We were all worried sick about you!

LD: You wouldn't believe me if I told you.

LW: Try me

*Live Wire looks around the hallways of the hotel are darkened and only lit by small floor lights spaced every few meters*

LW: We'll let the others know you are back in the morning. For now I think we need to talk. For your safety I need to let you in on a secret.

LD: All right

*Live Wire and Lady DeVille walk down the hallway to Live Wires room and are about to enter when Gav sticks his head out of his doorway*

Gav: I thought I heared something. Everything all right ladies?

LW: Yeah she's back safe and sound. Go back to sleep Gav.

Gav: Glad to see everything worked out. G'Night Ladies.

LW & LD: Goodnight Gav

*Live Wire and Lady DeVille enter Live Wire's room. Once inside Live Wire walks to the window and looks outside and DeVille plops herself on LW's bed*

LD: Geez what a long day this has been.

LW: You're telling me. What happened to you while you were gone?

LD: I am not sure. But I did find this. *DeVille pulls out a data pad from her pocket* I was gonna give it to Garrett tomorrow. He'll know what to do with it better then anyone else. *looks over at LW who is still staring out of the window* So what did you want to tell me?

*Live Wire turns away from the widow her arms crossed and goes and sits in a chair across from the bed*

LW: *sighs* What I am about to tell you cant go outside of these walls. I am only telling you cause the limitations it's putting on me seriously makes our mission harder. When we got seperated this afternoon I was going to try and make my way through the air vents to wherever you were. But to do that I would have had to change into my pure energy form.

LD: whats wrong with that?

LW: Nothing. Except that when I went to change....I couldnt.

LD: What do you mean you couldnt?

LW: I couldnt make the change. I am stuck in a physical form. I can change that form but I have to stay in a body. It scared the hell out of me. But when I came back here I finally realized why I can't change.

*Live Wire's face grew serious as she confided in her apprentice. DeVille fell backwards onto the bed in shock.

(OOC: what you thought you were going to find out didnt you? Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!)

LD: You've got to be kidding! Yeah that definately makes our job harder. So you haven't told anyone else about this?

LW: Nope. It just doesnt seem like a good time. There is too much going on right now that we dont have answers too.

LD: You are probably right. *yawns* Well thanks for letting me know what we are up against. I think I need to get some sleep.

LW: Go get some rest. I'll see you when we meet with the others tomorrow.

LD: Goodnight Mistress

*As Lady DeVille leaves to go to her room Live Wire turns back to the window. She once again opens herself up to the force seeing not with her eyes but with her mind. She can sense her friends all in their rooms. Lady Deville getting ready for bed, Banestone up doing whatever it was that half man half droids did in the middle of the night, Gav trying to force himself back to sleep....and down the hallway...a familiar presence. Lady Vader! What the hell was she doing here? But that could wait till the morning.

Live Wire let her body relax....melding herself with the force in the special way only she could and out of the corner of her eye she saw that tiny spot of light. She focused on it drawing upon an inner strength she didn't know she had. Slowly she came out of her meditation and felt relaxed. Using the force she went and laid on her bed. For the first time since they arrived on planet...actually since Garrett had died, she felt calm. Taking advantage of it Live Wire feel asleep with the night air blowing the curtains*

Lady Vader

*the glow of so many city lights came in through the window as LV slept*

*suddenly, her eyes snapped open... she'd felt something... something had touched her, almost like a wispered wind on her cheek... it wasn't an intrusion into her mind, because of the Force block she always put up when not concious... it was just a soft tickle in her instincts*

*she sat up in bed and brought her knees up to her chest... she'd felt that "wisper" before... a long while ago*

*it finally came to her as she realized her former apprentice, LW, was somewhere in the near vicinity... she focused the Force outward, searching for LW, but she couldn't sense her... at the same time she was "looking" for LW, she sensed a few other Sith also... still perplexed why she couldn't "feel" her dear friend, LV laid back down and stretched mightly*

she must have shut herself inward... oh well... time for explainations later... right now, buisness...

*though it was the dead of night and quite early in the new day, LV got up and dressed in a new set of outlandishly wealthy clothing, and headed out of the hotel*

*the hotel was only a short walking distance from her meeting point with a few buisness men... but, because of her disguise, she opted for one of the hotel's limo services to take her to the building that would house her impending meeting*

*the limo sped for about 5 minutes, then stopped in front of a fairly tall building... LV got out and walked into the building and towards the fountain situated in the middle of the lobby*

*there, waiting for her, was a nicely dressed Devaronian, with a toothy grin, suitcase in one hand, and the other extended to LV*

Devaronian: Ah. M'lady Srelon. So wonderful to meet you at last.

LV: As I you, Director Tek'al. Have you been waiting long?

Tek'al: Not at all. I 've only been here a few seconds. Won't you join me for some coffeine?

LV: Perhaps we could have it brought to our meeting. I'd much prefer to get started right away.

*LV smiles sweetly*

Tek'al: Of course! Whatever the lady wishes!

*Tek'al claps his hands and a near by aid hurries up to take the order for the coffiene*

Tek'al: Come, it's only a few flights to the meeting room. The board is anxious to here your proposal.

*LV graciously takes the Devaronians offered hand and they both ascend to the top floor for the meeting... a meeting that will be benificial to both parties*

Banestone

OOC:
    Haha, I know what it is, and no one even told me! BOYAKASHA, Wire!
    /OOC

*It's the middle of the night, and Banestone is doing what all good half-alien half-robots do. Sleep. Although he's having some disturbing dreams about babies and an awful HoloNet show he was watching in the hotel earlier in the evening... he's pretty sure the big purple one doesn't fly on most people's side of the space lane. In an adjoining room, Dyzm is also resting, his Zerg mutation cells permanently suppressed and destroyed*

Garrett Felth

*The early morning sun is just beginning to rise, and can be seen over the NBorthern Balmorr Ocean as strands of light flicker and dance on the surface of the water. The waves move to and fro rythmically on the sandy beach. Lady De'Ville opens her balcony doors and steps out into the morning air - a slight breeze greets her skin. She looks down at the small wodden table next to the balcony edge, and notices a glass of what looks like freshly squeezed Oricana juice. She sits down in the comfy chair and sips the drink - knowing exactly who it is from!*

<FONT SIZE="4">Meanwhile.....</FONT>

*A half-hours flight away from the main centre of Balmorrania City, the troops of the local Imperial Outpost are just beginning to wake up too, whilst those already awake are about to exchange their shifts to get some sleep themselves. A few patrols walk around the 4 kilometre perimeter fortified walls atop the walkways. The eastern side of the outpost is lit a glistening orange colour - quite the opposite of its black base colour. Though it has not been a quiet nights rest for everybody in Balmorrania....*

Garrett Felth:(Over commlink) "How much time???"

Dax Felth: "Maybe five minutes...get outta there now!"

Garrett Felth: "I'm already on my way out!!"

*Garrett Felth runs down a hallway as fast as he can - sweat dripping from his brow. Laser blasts fly through the air and over his shoulder as he is chased through vast tunnels and corridors. He slides slightly to a stop, only to enter a keypad command - opening a door - and carrying on into the reactor room:- An incredibly void room...several hundred metres below the surface and a few kilometres wide by about seven hundred metres in length. Hundreds of walkways, suspended above thousands of furnaces and Plasma Generator Core's, are the only way to traverse the "Grand Hall!" and make it to the other side. Garrett stops and pulls out a remote grenade from his pocket - he then rolls it towards the door he just passed. Now, he starts to run faster than before. The persuing stormtroopers reach the doorway, and so Garrett detonates the grenade. The resulting explosion engulfs the stormtroopers in a ball of shrapnel and fire. Garrett reaches the lift just in time as the walkway colapses and falls to the floor below...*

*The lift emerges atop the main platform...and Garrett steps out of the car and joins his brother Dax who is at the controls of a Chariot LAV. Garrett runs up towards the main hatch as Dax lowers it for him. He runs up the rather steep ramp and enters the command cabin.*

Dax Felth: "Did you get the plans???"

[i]*Garrett gestures to his left hip at a datapad strapped to his side...*>/I>

Garrett Felth: "Right 'ere bro! Lets book before the whole base goes on red..."

*Garrett is interrupted by the sound of a deafening siren wailing in all directions around them!*

Garrett Felth: "...alert! BLAST!! Get us the hell outta here!!!"

Dax Felth: "I hate it when people don't say please!"

*As Dax keys in the throttle, Garrett is thrown back against the door as the Chariot LAV speeds off towards the main gate, though he is unscathered by the impact. As the vehicle gets closer, the gates begin to close!*

Dax Felth: "I hope you installed it correctly!!"

Garrett Felth: "Do you trust me???!!!"

Dax Felth: "NOPE!!!"

Garrett Felth: (sarcastically) "Thats it Dax! - I can always count on my brother to have faith in me!!"

*Garrett reveals another small device - about the size of a comlink with a red button on the top. Garrett waits until the Chariot LAV is withing 100 metres of the gate...then presses the button...*

<FONT SIZE="5">BANG!!!!!</FONT>

*The main reactor errupts into flames and all power to the base is lost....and the gates stop closing, leaving a gap barely wide enough for the escape vehicle to maneouver through...and out into the freedom of the Balmorrian Plains. As the sun rises the Chariot LAV speeds off towards Balmorrania City...custodian of the stolen plans...

Lady DeVille

*She drinks the juice, and smiles, thinking about the kindly old maid that put it there for her. This hotel was first rate.

Yawning, she headed for the huge feather bed. It had been a rough night, and she had to be ready for any and everything that night at the Mayor's party.*

The dress! *she smacks her forehead with her palm, but found herself too tired to get out of bed. She'd have to figure something else out...De'Ville drifts off to sleep.*

Live Wire

*Live Wire is startled out of her sleep when she senses the explosion. Quickly she stretches out with the force and takes a quick head count*

Oh thank goodness everyone is still alive.

*shaking her head she climbs out of bed. She can sense the others awake...all except LD who was still in bed. Stretching she goes and looks out the window. She can see faint wisps of smoke comming up in the distance*

what did they do this time? And they didnt tell me it was going down!

Garrett Felth

*It is five hours after noon. The group of sith sit impatiently in the Felth brothers room - wondering if something might have happened to them. Live Wire and Lady De'Ville are engaged in a conversation, Banestone and Dyzm are discussing their mission together, whilst Gav walks back and forth in front of the closed balcony doors*

Gav Mortis: "They should have been here by now! Personally, I think something has happened to them - I say we go look for them in the immediate area!"

Live Wire: "Gav, I know patience isn't one of your best qualities...hell, it isn't even one of mine for that matter! But lets just give them another hour - then we'll look!"

*Gav grunts and reluctantly joins his fellow warriors at the table. He can sense the presence of his apprentice stronger than before - this is the strongest he has felt Blade since they landed on the planet - even since they left the Sith Palace! Then, the door flies open, and in steps Garrett and Dax Felth...both with a large grin on their faces!*

Garrett Felth: "My apologies for being so late my dear friends. But I think you will excuse our lack of punctuality."

*Garrett and Dax sit down with the others, and at the same time Garrett places the datapad he was holding on the table in front of him. He keys in a few commands on the control panel.*

Garrett Felth: "Live Wire, Gav...may I have both your datapads please!"

The Sith Masters both hand over their datapads to Felth. Garrett then connects both his and Live Wire's datapad and uploads something onto it. He then does the same with Gav's datapad. Finally, he hands them back to their owners.*

Garrett Felth: "What you have their Live Wire...is the complete layout to the Municipal Building! It has everything you need...hallways, airvents, underground service tunnels, overhead access crawlspaces, restricted area maps...[i]EVERYTHING,/I>. And Gav, I have given you various information which will help you infiltrate the Moff's Fortress. On your datapad you now have access codes, maps, schematics, ID numbers, hacking information, and various other goodies which should come in handy! Banestone and Dyzm. As I said earlier on, I leave you to your own methods when carrying out your mission, but do remember the information I have given you...oh and one last thing...watch your backs out there - this place isn't all sunshine and laughter - the world you see before you is just a sugar-coated topping...there is another world beneath it...just be careful okay - I know you are Siths and all, but you ain't immortal!"

*Gav gives the two brothers a sinister look...as if trying to figure out their part in all this!*

Gav Mortis: "Forgive me for asking...but what will you be doing whilst we are out "risking" our lives???"

Garrett Felth: "We will be creating a diversion...trying to keep the majority of police units out of your way - so as to make your life a bit easier tonight. Gav, that fortress will be swarming with soldiers...even if most of 'em are occupied with the diversion. So please...be grateful eh?!"

Gav Mortis: "I'm sorry...I just thought...."

Dax Felth: "Think nothing of it Gav...we don't need to discuss it again. We have our orders, our relevant information. All we need to do now is wait until tonight when the party starts. Although Banestone and Dyzm...there is nothing stopping you from going out now!"

Garrett Felth: "I quite agree. The two of you should go whenevr you are ready. Live Wire and Lady De'Ville will wait until this evening, at which time I shall drive the two of you up to the Municipal building myself, disguised as a chauffeur. And Gav will make his move under the cover of darkness - approximately one hour after the party is underway. And remember, whatever happens - Don't get yourselves killed!"

*And with that, the group stands up and makes their way down to the main hall of the hotel for dinner...*

Lady DeVille

*After dinner De'Ville follows Live Wire to her room.* Do you still have my dress? I mean, I guess I could do a mind trick for the whole outfit, but with so many people around it is going to be hard. I was just planning on changing above the neck. *She leans against the doorframe*

Live Wire: Don't worry so much, I have it, just forgot to give it to you after all the excitement yesterday. *she hands her a crumpled bag* Now get ready, we only have a few hours before we move.

----

*Back in her own spacious room De'Ville is laying face up on her bed, staring at the ceiling. The designer of this hotel must have been a genius. The rooms were rich and luxurious, but the very walls and ceiling of the room were works of art. The ceiling was an immense fresco, full of soft colors and prancing beasts. Tiny pinlights were embedded within the fresco, so that when the overhead lights were off the individual was treated to a view of the constellations of a far off galaxy. The 'fresher was a brightly colored mosaic, made of broken pottery from some ancient culture. De'Ville didn't even want to think how much these accomodations had cost.

She sits up and pulls her dress out of the bag. It was badly wrinkled, so she calls up a maid and to have it pressed. It would be ready just in time to change and run out the door. She took out a brush and started working on her long hair. De'Ville sighed. All this waiting around was annoying.*

Live Wire

*Live Wire stands in front of her full length mirror trying to figure out what to wear. Just cause she could make herself look like anything it didn't cut down the time she needed to figure out what to wear. After about an hour of changing form she settled on a long slinky hunter green low cut dress that had a slit up to the mid thigh and showed plenty of cleavage. Her waist length blond hair was pulled back with a flower that sent a cascade of shimering curls over her shoulders. After a quick face change to make it look like she had on makeup and sequined black shoes she was ready to go. She grabbed her bag from the bed which held concealed her cloaked lightsaber, her blastech pistol and the data padd given to her by garret. she turned once in the mirror before going out and smiled in satisfaction*

No one would expect me to be a sith lordess looking like this.

*LW went across the hallway to make sure her apprentice was ready. When she opened the door she saw that LD was just now fastening up her dress*

LW: Are you ready to depart.

LD: Almost done.

*LW looks over at the desk chrono but before she can say anything there is a knock on the door. LW goes and opens the door to reveal Garrett Felth all done up as a chaufer, hat and everything. With an amused smile LW turns back to LD*

LW: Hey DeVile! Our ride is here!

*LD looks around LW and see's garrett standing at attention*

LD: Cute! *snicker*

*Garret does a sweeping bow as LD comes to stand next to LW*

GF: It is my pleasure to drive the ladies Ver and Y'arne to the Mayor's suare!

*Garrett leads the two ladies out of the hotel where they find a black shiny stretch hover car waiting for them. Garrett opens the door and Live Wire, now Eliss Y'arne, and Lady DeVille, now Nashana Ver, climb into the hover car*

Lady DeVille

*Sitting in the back of the hover car a detatched part of her mind wonders where Felth got it. She touches her thigh. Her vibroblade was strapped to the inside of her leg. She carried a small purse which concealed her blaster.*

De'Ville: I am ready to make the Mayor's eyes pop.

Live Wire: Try not to be to literal about that, we want to get in and out with no troubles. *she smiles* You'll do fine, I'm sure of it.

*The hover car stops outside the Municipal Building, and Garrett hops out to open the door.* Enjoy yourselves, m'ladies. I'll be back in three hours. *He takes De'Ville's hand and helps her out. She catches her foot on the edge of the car, and he steadies her.* Watch it! *He helps Live Wire out* I'll see you two later, in once piece, ok? *The hover car takes off as the two women make their way through the door. Stormtroopers lined the main hallway, backs to the wall facing outwards.

Live Wire and De'Ville enter the main ballroom, and present their invitations to the gaudily garbed human standing at the entrance. He looks them over, enters something on his datapad, then looks up.*

Man: Welcome Madames Y'arne and Var. *He taps something on his chest...a comm of some sort, and his voice is heard above the hum of the growing throng of dignitaries* Madam Eliss Y'arne, and Madam Nashana Ver.

*They walk down a few steps and De'Ville can feel men's eyes crawling all over her. She shudders inside, then steels herself. An overweight man was walking towards them. Live Wire altered her direction to walk away from him, but De'Ville stayed her course. This was the mayor.

He was tall, about 6'3", but overweight and slightly tipsy, already. She smiled sweetly at him as he approached her. that would make it all the more easy. He reached her, and they shook hands.*

Mayor: And who are you, lovely lady? Nashana Ver of Corellia?

De'Ville: *smiling prettily* Yes, I am here in my father's stead. He is sorry he could not attend, but he has taken ill. However, the House of Ver could not stay away from one of your famous partys!

*The mayor grinned widely, revealing crooked, yellowing teeth. De'Ville fought down bile, and laughed, a delightful sound. He was eating it up.*

Garrett Felth

*A black hover-limo pulls up outside the hotel and Garrett exits the vehicle and runs into the hotel and makes his way up to his room. He reaches the door and turns the handle, then steps inside.....to find his brother fiddling around with a Heavy repeating blaster.*

Dax Felth: "Hi bro, I just got back myself...don't worry, everything is set up!"

Garrett Felth: "Good...lets get ready and get a move on then!"

*The room door opens and out step two men, one wearing a brown trenchcoat, the other wearing a white shirt with a black waistcoak - both wear black pants and boots. They make their way outside and get into a black, sleek KniteSpeeder and head off to an unknown destination, north. As they leave the hotel parking lot, a dark green skinned Rodian emerges from the shadows, gets on a speeder bike, and follows the repulsorlift vehicle...*

Live Wire

*LW leaves DeVille to deal with the mayor. From the looks of him he was probably pretty desperate for female attention and she wouldnt have that hard of a job. LW walked around the lavish hall her head held high as was appropriate for someone of her stature. She brought out her data padd and gave a quick look at the layout of the building. Burning the images into her brain she stowed it back in her purse. After looking around she saw the hallway she needed to take to make it to the main computer room. As she started to walk towards it a drink was shoved in her face by a handsome looking corellian that she didnt know. Quickly gaining her composure she turns toward him and smiles as he takes her hand and kisses it.*

LW: Forgive me if I don't know your name.

*the young man bows slightly giving LW the drink he brought for her* I am Garamond Resvik, we met once on Coruscant. *he said*

LW: You'll have to forgive me. I meet many people in my business and it's difficult to remember them all by sight.

GR: Of course cherie. I didn't expect you to remember me. But I assure you that I have not forgotten you.

LW: Obviously! she said to herself

*LW looked around trying to find herself an out. Turning she see's LD engaged in an animated discussion with the mayor so she wasnt going to be any help to her. Suddenly she see's someone that senses very familiar. The face was unfamiliar though. The other woman turned and looked at her and smiled. in her head she heared
    What no hello for your master
    LW grinned and politely excused herself from the overeager corellian and made her way over to the other woman.*

LW: What are you doing here LV? *she whispered*

LV: I'm here on business. I was wondering when I was going to run into you guys. We are at the same hotel. Who all is here.

LW: Me, LD, Gav, banestone, and dyzm, and garrett felth and his brother dax.

LV: You got a real party going on then?

LW: Something like that. Thanks for helping me get away from that guy btw.

LV: No prob. Too bad he was kinda cute. What was his name?

*LW takes LV's glass of mountain dew away from her*

LW: Enough of this for you! Forget the guy. Since you are here you can help me out.

LV: Okay what's going down?

LW: I gotta break into the mayors personal files while LD distracts him. But its going to take some crawling through ducts to get there and I need someone to distract the guards cause I can't just float by them.

LV: You can't? Why not?

LW: Dont worry about that right now. It's not important. I just need you to come with me and act as a distraction

*LW and LV slowly walk towards the hallway that will lead them to the first crawlspace*

Lady DeVille

*She allows the mayor to hold her arm and propel her around the room.*

Mayor: Are you enjoying your stay in my city? It is beautiful, is it not?

De'Ville: Yes, it is, but I am homesick for Corellia. We have been away too long.

Mayor: *frowns* Didn't you just come in a few days ago?

De'Ville: *thinking madly* Ah, yes... *laughs, placing her hand on his arm.* But any time at all is too long for me. I love Corellia.

Mayor: Would you honor me with a dance?

De'Ville: *smiles up at him* But of course... *They make their way to the floor, and she is soon pressed against him tightly...too tightly!...and the music plays.

Live Wire was no where in sight...Blood and ashes! There she was, and she was talking to another woman. De'Ville nodded to the Mayor, and laughed at a joke he told. It wasn't funny.

They danced and talked and ate and drank...De'Ville alsmot got dizzy from it all. He was so repulsive. But she clung to him like a life raft and he swelled with every bit of attention she gave him. After they had chatted for about an hour, she wriggled her eyebrows at him.*

De'Ville: How about we go somewhere to relax?

*His eyes popped, and he stuttered a little, but soon found it no trouble to ditch his own party. They made their way through some corridors, De'Ville hanging on his arm, pretending to be more tipsy than she was. They stopped outside a door, and he fumbled with the key sequence, but soon enough the door swished open. It was his office.*

Mayor: *red faced and gesturing grandly, almost frantically* Please come in, my office is most, er, comfortable...

*De'Ville sashayed in, and he closed the door behind them. Almost immediately she turned and put her arms around him, kissing him full on his disgusting mouth. He froze, then attacked her face with his, mashing her. She felt like screaming, and concentrated on maintaining her mind trick. It really wouldn't do to lose it right now...

Pulling back she chucked him under the chin.*
    Aren't you a tiger? *Eyes sparkling, she flounced to his desk, and leaned against it. Eagerly he pursued her, and she placed a hand on his chest, barely holding him at bay. She looked behind her at the large desk.* Do you do a lot of work here? I bet you are involved in all sorts of important things, huh... *She bit the corner of her lip, and looks coyly up at him.*

Mayor: *Thinking: playing hard to get, eh?: He liked it, and went around the desk, sitting in his chair. He looked across at her as she turns to face him, hands on the desk, leaning in to hang on his every word.* Well, Nashana, I do a very important job, and many people depend on me... *He droned on for about another minute, but De'Ville got impatient. Or rather, Nashana did.

She sidled around the huge desk, and sat in his lap. He smiled at her. He felt soft and squishy, like a loaf of bread. De'Ville ran her hand down the side of his face.*
    You know, my father has had a lot of trouble with the Hutts... Do you deal with them at all? *Leaning in she kissed him again, and was tortured by his tongue.

Breathless he pulled away.*
    I have some dealings with them... *she raised an eyebrow, and shifted her position as if to stand up. He stuttered:* Of course, I don't know what they want with me.

*De'Ville lay against his chest. Her hands wandered.* What do you think they want?

Mayor: I redirect some traffic into their sectors... They attack the convoys and strip them down. *She kisses him again.* ...I think they're building their own fleet.

De'Ville: *leaning away, looking confused* But why would they want to do that?

*He pulls her in again, practically mauling her* They want to start a war, my sweet.

*Giving in to his clumsy caresses, she mumbles* But with who?

Mayor: Between the Fringe Worlds Alliance and Dark Axis. I don't ask too many questions, I just pick up my payment and stay out of their way. *he pulls at the strap of her dress* They give me some glitterism....

*That explains a lot, thinks De'Ville. He stands up, and pulls her to him*

Garrett Blade

OOC: This post is meant to come before the last one!

*Lady De'Ville dances with the Mayor to a rather fast-paced waltz. As she spins around the room in the fatman's arms, she notices a couple dancing together. She stares in amazement at how well they dance together. Then...she blinks. When her eyes re-focus on the dancing couple - the extremely tall man is no-longer there, but instead...Garrett Blade dances with the woman. They seem to be dancing rather different to the others on the dance floor - they look out of place - rather foolish to be frank. Despire the spectacle they make, nobody seems to notice Garrett dancing wildly!*

Garrett Blade: "This place ain't bad is it De'Ville!?! Just thought I'd give you a little advice - when fatboy there asks you to join him for a quiet drink upstairs, say yes...trust me!"

Lady De'Ville: "Garrett wait a sec..."

*Before Lady De'Ville can finish, Garrett is gone, and replaced by the tall man from before...*

The Mayor: "Who are you talking to my dear??"

Lady De'Ville: "I thought I recognised someone...never mind!"

*And so the dancing continued.....after a few more minutes the band stops playing for a minute....then starts again playing.....*

Live Wire

*Live Wire and Lady Vader enter the hallway and turn the corner. Fortunately there were not troopers in site. Walking over to the grate that covered the first crawlspace. Quickly checking for alarms and finding none LW lifted the grate off and crawled inside LV close behind.*

LV: If I ruin this dress you are going to pay for it!

LW: Oh shut up.

*LW tosses LV the data padd so she can lead them to the main computer room*

LV: Why cant we just use any old computer terminal. Why do we have to go crawling around?

LW: Cause there is too much security down at that level. The mayor is paranoid but stupid. I'd have to have fingerprints, retinal scans and the whole works to get the files from a terminal. If I can access the computer directly I can fool it into reading its own stored info on the mayor. It will see the master files and think we are inputing the data from a terminal and we are in!

LV: oh.....turn right at the next junction

LW: okaayyy!!!!!! youch!

*LW and LV feel down about 6 feet to the shaft below*

LW: You could have warned me!

LV: Sorry.

*LW and LV crawl through vents untill finally they see the door to the computer room with two stormtrooper standing gaurd. They back up through the vents finding one just around the corner from the troopers. LV and LW step out of the vents and compose themselves making sure like they look like two lost patrons. As they round the corner the gaurds hold up their blasters. LW walks seductively over to the first tooper and smiles*

LW: I'm so sorry. We were looking for the balcony. We were told that there was a beautiful sky out tonight.

Trooper1: I'm sorry ma'am you'll have to leave the area.

*LV had made her way to the second trooper. Suddenly both troopers passed out and fell to the floor*

LW: Why they dont get people with stronger minds is beyond me!

*touching both troopers shoulders LW tells them sleep well cause you wont remember a thing After extracting the door code from the troopers minds LW opens the door into the computer room. The lights are low and the room smells of dusty electronics. LV takes her station at the door while LW sets to work. Opening her purse she brings out the data pad of computer codes and her ID masker*

LV: Crikey! You fit all that stuff in that little purse?

LW: Yeah and my saber and blaster are still in there.

*LW logs onto the computer with the Mayor's ID*

[computer readout]

::Submit retinal scan::

encript //mayor1/security/profile/retinalscanA
    read //retinalscanA

::reading file::

::submit password::

encript //mayor1/security/profile/passA
    read //passA

::Password validated::

::retinal scan accepted::

::submit thumbprint::

encript //mayor1/security/profile/thumbscanA
    read //thumbscanA

::thumbprint accepted::

::access granted::

[end of computer readout]

*LW sighed in relief. The stupid computer bought it. Of course it helped to know that the idiots password was encript. LW chuckled to herself as she downloaded all the mayors files into her data pad. She saw one file go by called conquests and shook her head not sure if she wanted to read that one or not. She sensed LD's repulsion at something and assumed she had the mayor right where she wanted him*

LW: Well we shouldnt expect any problems from him tonight.

*as the computer finished downloading LW unplugged the data pad gathered her stuff into her purse and logged out of the computer*

LW: Lets get out of here.

*She made sure the troopers were still sleeping and locked the door behind herself. Lady Vader and Live Wire reentered the party smiling and talking as if they had just come back from the powder room. LW looked up at the wall chrono and looked around for DeVille. She sent her apprentice a telepathic message hurry up and get out we'll be waiting for ya*

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast