Thread: Might of the Iron Bear

Anbira Hicchoru

Might of the Iron Bear

::It had been a long time since Anbira had walked the cold stretches of the battleground. For months, he had been forever-fighting inevitability, staving off the degenerating effects of his disease. Even now, his breath labored slightly, but it was not what it once was.

With days upon days to meditate in silence, Anbira turned his feelings of urgency, purpose, and anger inwards upon himself. He would destroy the ailment with his desire alone. It was not time for him to leave the plane of the living. Great things must still be done, and Anbira alone knew he carried the Iron Will to see them through. Soon, the galaxy would finally taste true peace. Until then, a stormcloud unlike all others gathered before him. He was mandated by destiny to destroy every obstacle in his path. Peace would come, and it did not matter who lived to see it. Anbira would emerge from his death bed...not as a spirit, but a spirit reborn. He would carry the sword to the farthest star, for the last time. Not in the name of power, not in the name of avarice, and not in the name of a countless-many petty desires...but only to be the Killer of War itself.

It was to this grand purpose that Anbira donned his battle armor again, stepping into the cold reaches of the battlefield. His weathered face stared across Eternity, ready to finally set his desires into stone across civilization. His breath steamed as he breathed into the cold air, a breeze fluttering at his greying hair. The aged warrior climbed to the highest precipice, standing for all to see. Focusing inwards upon his own caged anger, Anbira called forth the strength to permeate his body. The battle ahead would be glorious indeed...for such a noble purpose to slay the Slayers...the ones who lived at the spoils of War.

Anbira's eyes flashed fire...the Angel of Death had slumbered long enough. The sky would crackle in a cry of thunder, and carry his name into the souls of Men.

Anbira's mouth opened, and his breath carried with it the bellows of Final War::

<font size=5>I am Anbira Hicchoru! Amend with me, and know Peace. Dissent with me, and I will send you to Hell on my blade! From this day forward, the Galaxy will know my Will!</font>

Jace Darklighter

:: A boisterous voice of strength and authority resonated through the atmosphere as Anbira Hicchoru's aphorism defied many occupants of the battlefield. Cloaked figures whispered to one another in hushed voices, as they remained obscured within the shadows. Darkness accumulated around Anbira, etching onto his form and enfolding around his body. The seasoned soldier's eyes glared with animosity and hatred, yet with unyielding determination.

Rumblings from those in the crowd rose to higher pitches, as they discussed the Angel of Death's declaration. Agents of corruption spat out retorts of bitter disagreement with Anbira, while others signaled their heads in approval. Thunder bellowed in obstreperous crackles, causing flashes of pure energy to escape through the cloud's safeguarding.

Anbira, the Angel of Death, snatched his lightsaber from his belt and switched it to ignition with a quick jerk of his thumb. His golden blade flashed to existence in a brilliant display of pure energy. The murmuring in the crowd deteriorated briskly by Anbira's sudden act of hostility. His saber blade descended to point at the body of the assembly. Stillness lingered in the cold air as the warrior silently dared a foolish soul to challenge him. A few more moments passed until a humanoid figure stepped out from the gathering. The unknown figure's sandy brown cloak swayed gently in the air currents of the battlegrounds. With a quick flick of his wrist, his hood foiled back from his head and collapsed down to his shoulders. A young Jedi Knight stood before the Dark Jedi Master; his appearance seemingly calm and serene. His head cocked back and directed towards Anbira's vicinity. Jace's voice remained mellow, yet it cut to the very core of each individual present. ::

"As a Jedi Knight of the Greater Jedi Order and as a student of Garik Loran and Darth Turbogeek, I ask that you reclaim those words, Anbira. For such words have no correspondence with the Jedi who teach peace and justice. Although, you not being a Jedi as we are, I must point out that your sense of justice is wrong. We cannot force each creature of the universe to obey our command unless we show them compassion and allow them the choice of choosing good and evil. If we force our ways upon them, then we are the greater cause of strife; for we are beings above such actions. Conflict may arise, yes. However, it is our duty to solve these problems peacefully. Talking and working with one another will make a better future."

:: Jace Darklighter's gaze remained on Anbira, unwavering and firm. ::

"So I ask you now, Anbira. Join with us at the Greater Jedi Order and hold those truths with us, but only in a righteous mind and heart. Remove your bitterness and serve along side us."

:: The Jedi narrowed his eyes as he awaited Anbira's response. ::

Anbira Hicchoru

:: Anbira's scowl deepened ::

Do not make the mistake of patronizing me. For thirty-five years, I have watched as others who wanted peace just as I do. Their desire was not the problem...but the fact that they lacked the truth in bringing their vision into fruition.

:: Anbira raised a gloved hand between himself and Jace, tightening it until the polymer material strained with the pressure ::

For thirty-five years, the Jedi have talked, conceded, and appeased. Did it matter to the thousands of warlords throughout the galaxy, who were nevertheless determined to spill blood recklessly?

:: Anbira spat ::

No. No, it did not, and No it will never. I watched...all those thirty-five years. I've watched as one war is ended by compromise, only to incite two wars that spill even more blood. Where was the end? What great "compromise" can the Jedi offer to those who have been pawns in these meaningless conflicts? What can you say to me to bring my family back? What treaty can I sign to know that whenever I sleep, I won't hear the dying screams of my sister in my head? WHERE IS YOUR DAMNED COMPASSION NOW, JEDI?

:: Anbira raised his arms wide, as a light snow came down slowly around the battleground. ::

No longer, Jedi. For thirty-five years, I have been a part of this system. I have killed men for thankless dictators in meaningless wars since before you were even born. You may have ended some wars, but my war has never ended. I never stopped fighting, and I never had a reason...

:: Anbira lowered his eyes to meet Jace's ::

...but now, I do. I fight so that tomorrow I will never have to fight again. If the Jedi have had decades to find peace, and have returned with nothing....Then so be it.

:: Anbira breathes in slightly, focusing his concentration inward ::

I will not deceive myself, nor will I associate with those who want peace, but lack the courage to find it. The Jedi cannot bring peace...they have tried for millennia. So why would I desecrate my beliefs and my honor; defile my very principles in order to appease you?

:: Anbira gazes at the skyline. ::

I have no time for you, Jedi. Begone from my sight.

:: Anbira gestures with a gloved hand at the stormclouds hovering thick in the sky ::

Do you see that, Jedi? That is a sign of the coming Armageddon. When it comes, you are either with me or you are against me. Those who are too gutless to walk on fire with me shall be consumed by it.

So run, Jedi. I will not be moved by your speech. I have come too far to be swayed by false prophets.

Lady Vader

*the snow fell lightly around the battleground, and the wind picked up ever so slightly... but it was strong enough to make LV's dark cloak and hair dance in the wind*

*she stood on the edge of the field, but close enough to hear Anbira's words... she gazed at the crowd, and at the Jedi that had addressed Anbira*

*she listened as Anbira answered the Jedi... but the words that kept ringing in her head were "you are either with me or you are against me"*

*she smiled inwardly and silently moved towards Anbira's side of the field, standing at the edge and behind him to the right... this was her place and where she should stand... where she would always stand*

Jace Darklighter

:: The battlefield glazed over with the purity of white snow. A cold front affirmed Jace Darklighter's sudden chill and the frosty breeze that slapped his face with an instant annoyance. Anbira Hicchoru had spoken his thoughts on the Jedi quite bluntly. Jace blew out a curling puff of air as he sighed upon seeing his prediction come true. The Jedi expected the response from the eminent warrior. Anbira had proven himself as a capable Dark Jedi with inconceivable powers. Despite the fact, he offered the fallen Jedi redemption. The dissent of the proposal was clear. A piercing frown skimmed Jace's lips. ::

"I see. You are correct, Anbira, in the fact that peace has not reached across every civilization or touched every living form. The darkness rises against our offers of reconciliation and discourages those who try desperately to compromise, although these elements bring balance to the Force. As Jedi, we seek to establish an offering of comfort and joy. Yet, still there will always be deceptive beings that seek destruction at any cost. For those individuals, we cannot help. But we mustn't lose hope. Anbira, you still can retu--"

:: Jace stopped in mid-sentence and dropped his jaw in bewilderment. Lady Vader stepped into the clearing and stood by Anbira's side. The Jedi squinted his eyes and enhanced his vision through the Force for a clearer perception of the new arrival. Lady Vader's face became clearer so that it removed any uncertainty as to her identification. ::

Lady Vader? How can this be? Is this the same Lady Vader who instructed my master, Garik Loran?

:: Jace bit down on his teeth, grinding them in frustration. Disdain plowed through his facial features as they contorted to confusion from the current events. He pushed the thought aside and brought his mind to peace through the aid of the living Force. Now was not the time for questions. ::

"Very well, Anbira. It is clear on that which you stand. You see the Jedi philosophies as blunderings in the bringing about justice. Sanctification can only come through vengeance, correct?"

:: The Jedi's frown blew askew so that it resembled a lop-sided smirk. ::

"Allow me to correct you in the error of your thinking. As you say, I am either with you or against you. If my words alone will not convince you, then I must resort to more persuasive means. I must admit, I was hoping to cross sabers with you again. I assure you, I have learned much since our last encounter."

:: Jace threw Anbira a smile. The Jedi lifted his shoulders in a slight gesture, causing his cloak to fall from his form and topple to the abounding snow. Suddenly, Jace darted forward. His legs moved with increasing speed, carrying his body rapidly through the snow. His mind coordinated with the Force, causing his limbs to move in perfect sequence. Abruptly, he launched from the clearing and landed on the ridge of land where Anbira was situated. In a blinding moment, his lightsaber was snatched up into his grasp and throttled to its full glory of power. A green saber blade emerged which cast a greenish hue upon Jace's face. He shoved his lightsaber forward at Anbira's chest.

Anbira, being a Master in the Dark arts, lifted his blade and snapped it against the Jedi's saber. A sputtering of sparks leaped into the air and dazzled the ground with a multicolored array of green and yellow light. Jace turned swiftly on his right heel, ramming his blade to the left at Anbira's ribs. Yet again, the Dark Jedi answered with a defiant block. Jace slouched to the side and sliced his lightaber in a vertical slant, aimed at Anbira's right shoulder. The dark warrior twisted away and struck at the Jedi's unprotected back. Jace saw the attack before it came and squatted down low so that the blade slashed just a few centimeters above his head. ::

He's fast.

:: Immediately the heel of Anbira's boot connected with Jace's jaw. Jace slid across the slick ground to a stop. Anbira raced forward to finish the Jedi off, but Jace sent his right foot sailing into the Dark Jedi's approaching stomach. Jace flipped up to his feet and sliced his lightsaber at Anbira, who now had unbalanced footing. Anbira turned away from the blade so that it just barely grazed his right arm. The cut was barely even noticeable, yet Jace felt a momentary triumph from the injury he inflicted. Before Anbira could attack again, Jace outstretched his hand and force pushed him over the edge of the cliff. The Dark Jedi Master fell to the clearing below. Jace looked over the edge to see Anbira recovering from the fall and rising to his feet. The Jedi looked out of the corner of his eye to see Lady Vader not far off. Would she join in as well? Perhaps. But from what I recall, Anbira is a man of honor. He fights most of his battles alone.

Jace looked back down to the clearing to see no sign of Anbira. He had been foolish and took his eyes off the fearsome warrior. He could be anywhere. Jace looked frantically around as he tried to spot any sign of the dark soldier.::

Lady Vader

*LV looked at the Jedi, and sensed him become puzzled at her entrance... something had triggered a memory in him, but what, she couldn't fathom... curious about this, she watched him speak to Anbira*

*then the battle began*

*LV watched the battle insue, standing not far off... her green eyes blazed as she watched Anbira go up against the Jedi... Either the Jedi's a fool in attempting this attack, or he's holding back more than he's letting on to.*

*the battle was fierce, yet LV didn't worry... she didn't even so much as flinch when she saw Anbira flicked by the Jedi's lightsaber... then somehow, with an unexpected move, the Jedi Force pushed Anbira over the edge of the cliff... that made her take a step forward, with her hand moving slowly towards her own lightsaber under her cloak... yet, she did not enter the field*

*she knew full well Anbira valued the honor in battling alone, and she would not interfere unless told to... opening herself to the Force she saught his presence, and felt him... she couldn't pinpoint where he was, for he was keeping himself well masked from the Jedi, but she knew he was still alive... she would respect his wishes and remain out of the battle... but if he did not show himself within a reasonably alotted time, she would strike*

Ket Limelight

OOC: Just watching,maybe get involved if allowed. didnt see a closed thread string anywhere,but if it is,ill stay out

The Sith warrior stood silently upon the battlefield. The winds had picked up and his dark robes flowed within them. His hood was up and his mind ever so attuned to the Dark Side. He watched as the battle raged on,watching LV hold herself back from battle,watching Anbria fall over the cliff...My what a wickedly fun scene of despair,anger and rage this is...Ket couldnt help but smile at all the goings on. He stood about 15 feet away from the fray,close to have a very good view,not too close to get caught in the middle. This was not his fight,and he would not dare intrude unless asked or begged in some form or another. So for now,Ket stood there silently...watching...waiting...

Anbira Hicchoru

:: Anbira watched from the vantage point of a dead tree, as Jace struggled to find him. The half second's break in concentration was all he needed, as Anbira lofted himself into the air and into the branches of the dead tree, without so much as the sound of a swaying branch. He deactivated his lightsaber, holding it in his left hand as he took appraisal of the situation. The Jedi was brash and eager, quick to the tongue with his rhetoric, but more importantly, just as quick to the saber. Anbira took stock. The Jedi could talk of their ideals for days at a time. Anbira did not need to hear the Code spoken to him. Who else knew the Jedi code better than himself? He had believed so strongly in it...perhaps moreso than this Jedi he now faced. More the heartache it caused when Anbira found that everything the Jedi strove for was for nothing. Peace would never come simply by wishing for it and speaking a few kind words. The galaxy was far too barbarous for such niceties to succeed. As Anbira watched Jace, he felt many things. He felt an understanding, for he once thought as Jace did. He felt pity, because he knew the Jedi's philosophy was wrong, yet they wanted the same thing. But most importantly, Anbira felt the intense anger and frustration of trying to save yet another damned soul from the fate of dying at his hands. If there was something present to prevent this Jedi from being slaughtered now, it was not revealed to Anbira. He had potential...so much potential. If he could only believe as Anbira did, the Jedi would not face his wrath. However, such wishful thinking would not change the situation. If Jace could not see the truth, he would become a hinderance to Anbira, and he would not allow anyone to stand in his way. He had great things in store for the galaxy to see...

...Anbira leapt from the tree, his jump augmented by the Force. He landed without a sound, just behind the Jedi. Detecting his Force signature, Jace turned around, ready to strike. He stopped short, seeing that the Dark Jedi had deactivated his saber. Anbira took stock of the Jedi's hesitation. ::

Do not think that I cannot dispose of that toy if I wish it. You keep it on my good graces alone.

:: Anbira raised an eyebrow ::

So, you prefer to strike first in the heat of battle? How unorthodox your thinking is indeed, young Jedi. Unorthodox, but not untrue. Now you must know the fallacies of the Jedi way of thought...surely you must. You would not be one of their sheep, and banter with me until I had my fill, would you? No...I can see it. You know. Deep inside your eyes, I can see the spark growing into a flame. Do not let it die...release your anger, release your inhibitions. It is the only way to find what you desire.

:: Anbira outstretched his arms at his sides toward the ground, as his feet gently sprang from the cold ground, causing Anbira's relatively-short frame to be suspended into the air with the aid of a Force Push. He hovered, his feet barely three inches above the ground. ::

Let me empart upon you a fraction of my skill.

:: As Anbira spoke, a few small rocks began to rise into the air. Then, larger stones also began to levitate. Within a span of seconds, hundreds of rocks and other bits of hard debris served Anbira's will, as they hung suspended in the air. The snowstorm intensified, throwing a dusting of white around the group assembled.

The first rock, more like a pebble in respects, struck out at Jace with a quickening velocity, striking the Jedi in the arm. In itself, it was less than nothing, but Jace turned to face Anbira and began to see the mass of debris rotating, whirling faster and faster around the Master, as the hellish cry of a hurricane began to howl as Anbira manipulated the wind and debris around himself. Soon, the Dark Jedi, hovering suspended above the ground, could barely be seen behind his shroud of storm. Anbira chose not to speak, as his words would not carry over the shriek of the wind. Instead, he simply reached out with the Force, brushing against Jace's mind.

If this is how you must find yourself, so be it.

Anbira advanced upon Jace. ::

videl1999

*wanders onto the battlefield and sits on a nearby rock, watching the fight interestedly*

Talth

*walks onto th battlefield*
    "I respect you, Anbira. So I will stand and help, if it is needed of me."
    *bows his head*

Firebird1

*From a position near Talth, Firebird watches as well, but rather then watching for a good battle, Firebird1 is looking for technique...*

Lady Vader

*LV watched as the stones, rocks, and boulders game tearing from the ground, shaking it ever so slightly... the wind picked up also and slapped her cloak around*

*she watched as the hard objects pummeled the Jedi at the hands of Anbira... she smiled*

Ket Limelight

Ket looked on,keeping himself at a good distance. Ket observed Anbria's movements,studying the way he fought. Ket was indeed in awe,for Anbria was one of the most skilled fighters he has ever seen.

Jace Darklighter

:: The plenitude of rocks and rubble foiled the air in a twirling collection, causing sharp chaffs to penetrate Jace's skin and to lodge deep within his flesh. Scarlet blood saturated his tunic and drew his life force away. The young Jedi slashed his lightsaber at multiple shards of rock, but only sliced through currents of air in vain. The debris torpedoed towards Jace with substantial celerity and angled through his swiping blade to rest easily into his limbs and chest. Agonizing grunts howled out of his mouth in the upheaval of noise from the collaborating storm. Anbira's face remained composed, as the stalwart tempest destroyed near by objects and land formations around the two rivals. Nevertheless, the Jedi stood his ground. The raging storm swallowed up and engulfed the crumbling ridge. A cavity of earth opened up, making the Jedi lose his balance and cling to edge of the cliff with his two hands. The whirlwind of snow didn't cease and Anbira's past words repeated through Jace's mind. The concepts the Dark Jedi had spoken distraught Jace to a level of complete sorrow. Nothing could be done. If Anbira was persistent in pulling away the right to choose, then Jace was forced to intervene. He didn't want to fight Anbira....or did he? The Jedi had answered rather quickly with the dynamism of his blade and paid no heed to further obligation to diplomacy. The Dark Jedi had been right in that regard. Jace had made a mistake in acting too hastily. Retribution was not the Jedi way.

Jace swiveled his feet up to the ledge and began to pull himself up. He was almost to the top when he was suddenly jolted from his position and raised upright to look Anbira in the face. The Dark Jedi's eyes remained cold and aggressive. A handful of Jace's tunic was clutched in Anbira's hands, retaining the Jedi up in the air with his feet dangling. Bolts of pure energy danced across Anbira's eyes as his expression darkened. Jace's free hand wrenched open, calling his lightsaber from the ground into his grasp. Igniting it, the Jedi slashed the blade at the Dark Jedi's ribs. Before the attack could be successfully completed, Anbira tossed Jace aside. Jace shot his arms out as he touched the ground, launching himself forward so that he landed on his feet. The Jedi turned to look at Anibra's seething form and suddenly, all chaos broke loose.

The enraged tempest suddenly morphed to an all out hurricane of elements. Large quantities of hail fell from the sky and knocked against Jace's skull. Lightening blasted from the heavens and scorched the ground. A downpour of rain descended down from the night sky and needled against the ground. The rain mixture switched from snow to sleet as the environmental factors of the planet constantly changed from one stage to the next. Anbira plummeted forward with his golden lightsaber and slashed against the Jedi's sternum. Jace's eyes opened wide from the exclamation of pain. Blood sprayed out as he fell to his knees. Anbira raised his saber high and struck it down hard at Jace's head. The Jedi lifted his arm barely so that his saber stopped the impending descent of Anbira's blade. The Dark Jedi didn't stop there and kicked Jace in the jaw, sending him sprawling to the ground. The Jedi spat out a few trickles of blood from his mouth. He tried to stretch out with the Force, but the ear-splitting noise and the constant thrashing of debris was too much. Anbira towered over Jace's form and arched his lightsaber up. The Dark Jedi stood in the same position for a few brief milliseconds and then began the blade's heavy plunge downward at Jace's chest. With a last desperate call, the Jedi's hand extended upward and braced Anbira's saber hilt and then scissored his two feet against Anbira's legs, causing him to fall to the ground.

Scrambling to his feet, Jace opened his mind and touched Anbira's mind in order to understand his way of reasoning. The very sense of horror engulfed the Jedi's mind as images of the dead flashed by his eyes. The agony seemed to be frozen on each victim's face. Jace felt his own heartbeat race with terror as he saw the things Anbira once saw. He felt his physical strength leaving him as he lowered to the ground, unable to stand. For a brief second, his mind became one with Anbira's and as such, he shared the same suffering and anguish that the Dark Jedi felt. The one second was too unbearable and his mind pushed away in order to retain his sanity. Anbira got to his feet and looked at the Jedi through the bellowing winds.

Horrible images stained his mind from Anbira's past. Images of suffering. Unexpectedly the Jedi had attained one other piece of information through the mind link. The location of Byss, former base to the Rogue Sith Order. Jace gazed at Anbira and spoke to his mind through the Force. ::

"<font size=1>What......happened.....to....you...?</font>"

Anbira Hicchoru

:: At Jace's query, Anbira made a subtle motion with his hands. In an instant, the tempestual cyclone died away, sending a rain of small debris over a wide area. Anbira looked at Jace...not entirely sure about how to truly answer that question. ::

Terrible things. Things I never want another person to see.

Lady Vader

*LV blinked, watching and listening... she briefly touched Anbira with the Force and glimsed some horrible images before they were suddenly cut off... she watched Anbira for a while afterwards, knowing he had cut the connection, not because he'd wanted to cut the connection to her, but because he had meant what he'd said... he did not want anyone to have to ever see what had happened to him so long ago... she'd asked him on occasion to share with her that part of his past, but somehow he had always avoided it... sometimes it hurt that he didn't want to confide in her about it, but she knew it was only because he felt deep in his heart that it should never be revealed... sometimes it made her wonder what could have possibly happened to cause such protectivness in him*

Jace Darklighter

:: The Jedi lowered his eyes and blew out a sigh of discouragement. ::

"Our goals are so close and yet, so far away. It's a pity that with such diminutive differences, it drives us to become enemies. ::

:: Jace turned his gaze away from Anbira and looked to Lady Vader in the distance. It tormented his very soul to know that such great individuals as these, had fallen to the dark side. Such magnificence, such peace could have shinned forth from these two. If only...

The Jedi shook his head slightly in a rigid movement. ::

"Let us remember this one attribute which we share this day. For we both seek almost one in the same goal. Until next time, Anbira."

:: Jace turned away from the Sith Master and made his way back into the crowd below, vanishing into the extensive gathering. ::

Lady Vader

*LV saw the Jedi look in her direction and then speak to Anbira... she probed his feelings and felt... pity? she frowned... she had not expected that feeling*

*she watched as the Jedi vanished back into the crowd, leaving Anbira standing there... she assumed the battle was over*