Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Required Element [open]

Trace Sha

Re: The Required Element [Open]

:: The <Mors Dominae[/i] broke free of the planet’s gravity and entered the vacuum of space smoothly, with no complications. Turning back to the astromech droid, Trace nodded and spoke again. ::

“Engage hyperdrive, on my mark.”

:: The pale faced Sith turned and faced forward again, looking into the vastness of the sea of stars before him, wondering where they would end up on this random ride. ::

“Now!”

:: The stars melted into ribbons of light as the small ship lurched forward. ::

Edge Solude

Re: The Required Element [Open]

Alice and Tomiko ran through the remainder of the town, before it would sink into these yokel's heads that their local law had failed them.

The town was reminiscent of one out of an old western. The outside of town was wide open spaces, with cliffs prevelent on the north side. Alice and Tomiko made their way to the cliffs, unaware of a small hover craft approaching them.

Tomiko looked back at the town, the flames consuming it and then turned back.

"You are right, so don't worry. We can pin point frequencies collected on the chip and establish certain craft, bases, satellites, even planets and stars. With that kind of data, a location is only a matter of time."

"Hmph, I'm more concerned about the possibility of facing large numbers of Sith if we just walk into...."

"That shouldn't be a problem. We'll avoid a fight with them at all costs. We only want her mask and I have no doubt about it: She's a weak link. She always has been. I'm sure an agreement can be made."

"You're too confident."

"Sometimes you have to be."

EDIT - Spelling

Sierra Sha

"Yes, thank you Mo-, Nuriko. That sounds good."

She bit her lip and didn't really feel that comfortable calling Nuriko that, nor was sure how Nuriko felt. With the time she spent with Rama, already she was calling her pops and things were pretty much at ease. She just wished that could be the case with her mother. Deep inside, she knew that would take some time.

Sitting down herself, she decided that since things were quiet, it was about time to learn about her mother. She clears her throat.

"If you don't mind, I thought perhaps we could talk. Get to know each other? I've been spending a lot of time with Pops but we only seen each other in passing."

DarthNuriko

Nuriko took a glass and poured some tea from the kettle. "Yes, that's been unfortunate. I was hoping to see more of you... but..." Her back was turned towards Sierra as she got the tea. Her expression became somewhat regretful. "...but with the work you and your father were doing and with all the events at the Empire. I'm trying to be a much more active member of the council these days." She turned around and placed the tea in front of Sierra. "I'm glad we have this time now though."

Sierra nodded and prepared to take the tea, when she saw Nuriko looking at her, almost in a slight fixation. It made her somewhat uncomfortable. "What... what is it?"

"Oh..." Realizing what she was doing to the girl, Nuriko laughed to herself. "I'm sorry. I was just seeing what physical attributes you got from where. I remember Ram--" She paused. "I remember your father commenting on Kali's"

Kali looked up from her bowl at the mention of her name.

"appearance one time." She imitated Rama. "'Nuri, this kid hardly looks like me.'" Nuriko sat down. "Griping about how she didn't look Nabarie or something.... right down to the ears." She reached over and pulled one of Kali's pointy ears.

Kali batted Nuriko's hand away. Nuriko, in turn, swatted gently at Kali's hand and laughed.

Nuriko looked over to Sierra. "Well... exactly how different am I to your mother? Maybe if we narrow it down, I can talk to you without it sounding like some drawn out re-run."

Nuriko looked over her daughters. Strange... It began to sink in even more so that they were of her flesh. <a href=http://pub4.ezboard.com/fsithempire76244insidesithhq.showMessageRange?topi cID=141.topic&start=114&stop=122>A memory</a> entered her mind briefly. It made her smile.

Sierra Sha

Sierra laughed too, enjoying the scene before her. Her sister and mother together, spending time with each other without a care in the world. Never would she have seen this if her father didn't let her come back to this time.

"Well, in all honesty, I never really got to know my mother's past that well. Just bits and pieces that kind of make sense if you string it together. I thought now."

She leaned her head forward and looked at Nuriko curiously since she had a far away look, not fully paying attention to her. By the smile on her face, it couldn't have been a bad thought and she had to smile herself.

"Your thinking about Pop right?"

DarthNuriko

"You could say that.... So... what kinds of bits and pieces? Surely, your mo-- I would've told you something."

Sierra's facial expression became somewhat quizzical.

Nuriko maintained her own warm expression... Not that I don't know or anything... Her thoughts became somewhat concerned.

Trace Sha

:: Already twenty minutes into the flight through hyperspace, Trace began to wonder just where their random jump would lead and most importantly, how long it would take. Turning back to R2 behind him, he posed a question, or more specifically two questions. ::

“How long a trip are we in for R2 and where are we going to end up?”

:: The little droid whistled, hummed, and beeped out his reply enthusiastically. Once R2 finished Trace turned back around, a slightly puzzled look on his face, muttering to himself. ::

“The 3-Mask system? Can’t say I’ve ventured there or even read about it.”

:: He sat back in his chair and contemplated the thought of being somewhere new and mysterious knowing that the ride would take about six or seven hours. ::

Edge Solude

Tomiko and Alice had reached their ship after their long walk back through the rocky terrain leading from the town.

Tomiko sat back and let Alice study a few maps. "Did you find any of those constellations....?"

Alice grinned. "Yes, as a matter of fact. I believe I can pin point a close location. We would be on our own from there."

"Good enough."

[c]__________________________________________________ ________[/c]

On the en route hover craft....

"Sir," a Krimtz said. "I believe we have a fix on the craft. It's definetely a Universal ship.... from Catergory R."

"R?" asked another soldier. "Three-Mask System...?"

"Cute name for it," said their leader, Kimble, an older gruff-looking man. "Those little rebellion groups really believe they're making their mark. Even offical galaxy wide databases begin to be corrupted."

Another soldier looked over at his comrades, who didn't quite have a grasp of what was being said. "You are new transfers, are you not? 'Three-Mask System' is actually called Trio Liberty San Paulo, existing beyond this region and that troublesome asteroid belt. The Three Mask themselves are numerous rebellious sects taking over numerous portions of that region. Especially against the sl--"

The leader looked at the soldier spouting out facts. "When we want a smart ass, we'll ask for one."

He silenced himself promptly.

"It's beyond that?" asked Krimtz. "The asteroid belt is far too treacherous. How did that ship make it through? Not many pilots are so lucky."

"Don't be a fool. I curse being assigned with such idiots. TLSP isn't that far away. You really should be far more informed. And you realize that being Universal territory, it has a gate. Using the gate jump it could get through ten bleeding belts if it had the coordinates needed."

They all nodded. "Forgive us, sir."

"It could've gone to any Universal port," replied Krimtz. "Why would it come here just be stuck having to travel across god knows where to the next port."

"Quit asking so many questions. Our only task is to reclaim all Universal craft out of jurisdiction. We don't want those scum here. Let us do that and be done with it."

They all saluted. "Yes, Kimble."

[c]__________________________________________________ ________[/c]

Alice pointed on the map. "We came from Fymyse... located here in San Paulo."

Tomiko glanced down, barely interested. "I think we both know where Fymyse is at."

"We went through the gate to butt up almost here in this part of the northern quadrant to this planet here." She pointed to their current location.

"Do you know anything about the jurisdictions here?"

"I can't say so. I'd need access to a larger database. I doubt that town would've had one anyway. It's still pretty close to San Paulo's belt though.... What's more, I don't think I see any locations for gate jump-ports. I don't think there are any for quite a way... And I say that without any exagerations intended."

"Don't worry about it. We're going to need to ditch this ship soon anyway. It has all sort of Universal marks on it. You know how they get about their property."

"Agreed. At least we have a far better idea of where we're going though.... so once we score us a new ship, it won't matter if gates do exist here."

Nerysm Seraphim

"Honestly. And these Universals call our kind primitive. It's like the rule is if it doesn't belong to them, they refuse to make a good map of it." Alice clicked through the charts. "This data for this system and the ones close to it are too vague. I'm surprised I at least got some of the constellations to even match."

"I'm not."

Alice wondered whether that was a vote of confidence or not. She pressed the button to shut off the maps.

Sierra Sha

"Well, I really don't know much accept that you were always closed off to me somehow. It was hard to talk to you and that's why Pop and I are, well, were so close."

She looked down at Kali and felt a tinge of jealousy. Funny, Sierra thought this wouldn't be a factor here since she her mission was to protect Kali. It was hard to shake those feelings since for whatever reason, Nuriko was closer to Kali. Sierra loved her mother deeply but something was holding both of them back to be close as a mother and daughter should. Then Nuriko died and nothing could be done.

But perhaps now that could be changed.

"What I do know is that something happened to you before I was born. I don't know the details. Safe bet it didn't happen yet since I don't see a miniature me running around."

DarthNuriko

"Your father has had similar complaints about me... being too closed off. Not trusting him enough." She sighed. "I suppose I never really change then," she said regretfully as she drank from her cup. She looked over at Sierra. "Do you know what exactly have you come back here to change? What event is going to happen that you must prevent... the one that leads to everything else?"

Sierra Sha

She looked over at Kali and smiled for a moment. It was but a moment as the memory of her sister's death came quickly. She remembered crying all night after her father left her room after telling her, making sure that no one saw her moments weakness.

She turned back and looked at Nuriko, wondering how to answer that question. Sierra already told all this to Rama, what Nuriko wanted to know and couldn't deny her right in knowing. It was her daughter and it keep her in the dark would be wrong.

"I'm here to protect Kali. The future that I come from is dependant on her safety."

Kali Sha

::blinks and looks at Sierra as she says that::

Sierra Sha

She gets up and kneels down, smiling at Kali, "That's right little sis. Your very special and important."

Her hand came up and stroked her sister's cheek gently. It was the first physical contact that she had with Kali since coming here and she hope that it didn't frighten her.

Rama Sha

"Actually if what you have told me is true...."

:: Rama enters the room and closes the door behind him ::

"...she is your big sister."

:: Rama looks around Nuriko's old room ::

"Nearly took me an hour to find you here.....I just came to check your old room as an afterthought."

DarthNuriko

Nuriko begins to feel a bit concerned over this situation. "But are you sure your journey back here affects anything?" asked Nuriko. "Time is still something no one in the known universe really understands. What if by coming here you've started what you meant to prevent? What if some other event happens instead?"

She tried not to sound panicked, and she wasn't panicked, but time had always made her curious. She began to wonder about how things were when Sierra was sent here... and why it was thought she could prevent anything. Had she been there, Nuriko mused, she never would've sent her daughter on mission from which no benefits could be reaped. Of course, being dead obviously limited her say in anything. Time couldn't be manipulated like clay, could it? Even if this time were to be safe, were there consequences to be reaped that they couldn't yet imagine?

Sierra Sha

She looks up at the sound of Rama's voice.

"Well Pop, since she is smaller then me, she is little sis."

With a sigh, she wondered how to answer Nuriko's questions. All her points were valid but there was one thing that she didn't know.

"I wasn't the one to come back. It was suppose to be, Pop."

DarthNuriko

Nuriko remained silent for a few seconds. "But.. then why did you come back and not him?"

Sierra Sha

"I don't know what Pop has told you of my future. Where I come from a horrible civil war broke out between the Sith. Those that were against the Empire stormed the headquarters and he had to stay. I was with him at the time and he said that I had to go in his place."

She looked down and smiled faintly.

"He would never leave his Empire while it was under attack."

Rama Sha

Hey.......We don't really have to tell her everything.

:: Rama seemed concerned. He knew what the next words outta Sierra's mouth would be, and he knew how Nuriko would react. ::

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast