Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Required Element [open]

DarthNuriko

The Required Element [open]

Over a year ago...

Nuriko's ship MR-Liebe lands in some remote location... she isn't sure where. After that dream she had and that quick departure, she allowed her subconscious to guide her here, not even paying attention when programing in her destination.

"I need to capture a dragon. I don't even think I've seen a dragon before." She laughed somewhat bitterly at her own short-comings. "I really need to get around some more."

She tested the levels of breathable air, pressure, and such and such before deciding where she landed... WHEREVER this was-- as there was no name in the out-dated information banks on hand, was indeed a "safe" planet. At least it was by the assessments of her ship's computer and her astromech, R4-B4.

R4-B4 beeped.

"Yes, yes, you're always right. You're starting to sound like my husband, you know."

The astromech spun around and whistled somewhat wildly.

"No," she laughed. "That wasn't an insult..." She looked around and sighed. "Never was good enough at this technological crap..."

Part of Nuriko wondered why joining this group was so important to her. Of course, she remembered after running away from home, she had taken refuge with a small band of female mercenaries. They were in no way disciplined enough to keep a unified group or form a competent sisterhood, but there was something about being in the presence of powerful women that was... well, empowering.

They had begun her training in the art of fighting and her journey to the darkside. No, there was nothing like being in safe clutches of a sisterhood. She hoped to find that feeling again.

Another part of her felt she was betraying Rama and the others of the Empire. But considering how many of them kept divided loyalties themselves and how few had responded to her when she "brought up" (so to speak) having stricter rules when it came to having more than one alleigiance... they would not be another TSE or RSO or ROS... they were different.

Nuriko rubbed her stomach. Luckily she wasn't so far along to be severely handicapped should she be confronted by an enemy. She was bitter enough to herself about not missing not just one, but two tournaments. She wasn't going to pass this chance as well.

Nuriko looked through some of her stuff, and was glad that she brought a spear with her. Though it reminded her of that battle with Alpha, and angered her in that she was unable to defeat him, it was also a reminder of her first battles... the ones with her first teachers. The ones she where had won and crushed her enemies... It was tangible hope... in a sense.

She twirled the spear around a bit to get the feel of it. Since having been broken (for it was the same one used in her fight with Alpha), she repaired it with a joint of metal, held in place with a thin internal rod and the ends, sodered tight. It would not be so easy to break this one.

Nuriko looked in her stuff and pondered wearing the mask again. It was a part of that old sisterhood. They all wore masks. For some reason, such things brough more feelings of empowerment. Wearing the mask is like shutting in all of your vunerability. Part of her believes putting that kind of faith in your mask is what made the Seraphim so powerful. She reaches for it... and puts it on.

Nuriko secured the mask and took one look at the repaired voice distorter. She decided against disguising her voice this time.

She quickly twirled the spear and placed in the holder of a backstrap, which she fastened around her shoulder. She put on her heavy cloak and belt with her blasters, sabres and whip... and let her mind clear up for the vision to re-appear.

The dragon appeared to her once more...

It didn't seem like a vicious thing. Only gentle... She didn't usually have visions like this-- let alone ones of gentle beasts.

"....dragons are powerful creatures... and quite magical too... so powerful and magical, in fact, that to master one is quite impossible for meer mortals... but not for such as our caliber..."

She remembered what LV had said. If some kind of magic's at work, it would completely explain why these visions were coming to her. She began to wonder if her just being around LV might have had a hand in them.

"...they should become respectful of you and be willing to be your partner and protector for life... treat him or her with respect, and I guarantee you, they will do the same to you..."

She wasn't sure how the hell she was going to pull it off, but it had to be done. As simple as that. She lowered the ramp and left her ship... but not before something else entered her mind...

Her daughter at what was now Nuriko's current age...

"This will only help empower her," Nuriko said to herself, smiling under that mask. She felt her stomach and engrained it into her head that she would have to be careful fighting while with child...

Nuriko wandered around, not quite knowing where to go... letting what she saw in the vision guide her. It brought her to a small town. It looked almost like a ghost town at first. No one was outside.

DarthNuriko

She took off her mask and went into a tavern... there were people in there, though they looked very weary. Some of them glared at her, some of them looking at that strange mask in her hand. She went up to the bar and asked for something to drink (non-alcholic, of course)... The barkeep glanced at her curiously. A man sitting a short distance away looked over at her.

"Are you the bounty hunter?"

She didn't look at any of them and continued downing her drink. "The bounty hunter?" She grinned slightly. "I don't even know where the hell I am, let alone about any bounty."

"............."

"Is that why you all hide?" she asked amused.

The man looked towards the barkeep almost desperately. "Our hunter never showed!"

"You sound panicked," Nuriko said, laughing.

"Don't laugh!!"

"Who exactly would want to hide out in this town anyway? It looks dead."

"She's right," said the barkeep. "Especially with this being one of the Nachte territories."

Nuriko lifted an eyebrow and shifted her eyes to the other man. "Nacht...e?"

"Stranger, you come into this area not knowing about the dark fires that plague it?"

She could tell they were very secretive about something... It was obvious they didn't want to divulge any more than they already had. She opened their minds with the force...

"The randoms dark fires... The punishment of God. For we are a village of sinners."

"Then you should rejoice," she said smiling.

The men snapped out of her control... realizing they had just said a little too much.

She grinned. "I am quite the sinner."

She payed the barkeep and walked out of the tavern, looking at her barren surroundings.

Territories of Nachte.... Dark fires...

"This place is terrorized by a dragon. Those irritating visions brought me to the right place it seems."

She looked around... this planet was mainly made up of flat desert plains. Over to the east, another village could be seen on the other side of a large ridge. Over to the west, she could see some rocky terrain. "Now that's where I'd go if I were a dragon."

She placed the mask back on her face and the hood back over her head and moved on...

Nuriko approached the cliffs. They were very barren. She could barely sense anything...

"But at least I can sense something...."

It wasn't a force presence but it was similar to feelings she had gotten before... Like the feeling of something weaker than the force but stronger than what was usually ascertained from non-force users.

The dragon's presence?

And then it hit her like ramming into a wall. She jumped back and from a gorge no less than five yards in front of her, a huge dragon flew out almost at an impossible speed. Nuriko wondered how something that large could move so fast.

She crouched down and looked up at it.

It screeched and spat out flames almost at random.

Against her better judgement, she attempted to peruse the dragon's thoughts. It immediately made her dizzy. There was nothing but chaos.

Present day... TSE HQ

Nuriko sat on the floor in the quarters she shared with Rama, near a her black foot locker. It and her black bag were among the few belongings she had managed to scrape up since she had found herself in this part of universe. Slowly, she became aware more of where here was.

Rama was much better at this type of work than she, and she had attempted to locate points of familiarity over any kind of data-- star charts and the like-- that she could get her hands on. Alas she recognized nothing. Even the "experts" she had enlisted couldn't find the constelletions she needed. She wouldn't know how in the world to get home even if she wanted to. She probably could get more help from Rama, but usually that just made him ask more questions. She didn't feel like bringing up the past. She didn't want to deal with it now.

She heard a rattling noise as if items in the ajoining room were being put in disarray and a familiar little cry. "Kali." She got up from her spot on the floor and set down the item she had been looking over. That mask.

"Even IF I wanted to...." Nuriko couldn't say that she did want to. She had Rama and Kali now. She had a position on TSE's leadership council, choosen by Lady Dia...

"It's foolish to cling to silly things." She wrapped the mask back in it's pure white cloth and opened up her locker, setting it back in it's place.

Nuriko grinned and went to see what her daughter had done this time.

Nuriko Hessen Sha, Sith Lordess of the Sith Empire. Wife and Apprentice to Sith Master Rama Sha. Master to Talth, Sukura, Tricken. Pilot of the MR-Liebe. Wields two red sabres, a spear, and a whip. "Bite the one you love."

Edge Solude

Present Day... Territories of Nachte....

"I told you everything I know!!" the man said. "God, please!!"

Tomiko ceased choking him and threw him back into a table of card players, disgusted. The table broke and the men looked at the strange cloaked girl in a hostile manner.

"You stupid girl!!"

Tomiko looked at him, her facial expression wondering whether or not to act upon his weak attempt for an insult.

He got up from the pile. "A reward was promised for find that mask!"

"I should give you a reward?"

".........."

"You didn't find me squat!!" She grimaced at him, her eyes incredibly cold.

"GRRRRRRRR! I went through a lot of trouble to come back here, just to show you, because a reward was promised!! It was promised to me!!"

"Show me? Show me what exactly?" She motioned to the window of the bustling little town. "To show me ******* John and Jane Everyday buying ******' grain?!" She grabbed him and started choking him.

Nerysm Seraphim

"hahahaha, Tomiko, I don't believe I've ever seen you so excited."

Edge Solude

Tomiko averted her eyes temporarily to the Nerysm Seraphim. "hmmph!" She immediately stopped choking the man and glared distinctly unamused.

Nerysm Seraphim

"Oh what? Why'd you stop?" Seraphim pulled out a sword and ran the man through. "That isn't what I taught you." Seraphim kept twisting it while the man screamed.

Edge Solude

She looked over at the Seraphim and watched the sword twist and the blood flow out of the man into a shiny dark pool. "You're unusually jovial, Seraphim."

Nerysm Seraphim

"And you as usual are not." She yanked the sword out. "And don't call me by the name of the Seraphim anymore, little girl. The name's Alice."

Edge Solude

Tomiko snorted derisively. Nerysm Seraphim wanting to be called such a name. "If you want to be called Alice, you won't call me little girl."

Nerysm Seraphim

Alice watched as the man clutched his guts and died from the shock. "Why didn't you try to probe his mind?"

Edge Solude

"Maybe I would've done that if you hadn't gotten so 'stab-happy'."

Alice looked at Tomiko and grinned. "No, seriously."

"I did."

"And...?"

"She was here. She came here and killed some dragon and left. We got a lead onto the right mask this time."

"So Nuriko WAS here. And with the mask... I would think you'd be more overjoyed."

The patrons of the tavern simply cowered back and stared as the girl and the woman continued to speak casually.

"We've gotten this far in less than fifteen months' time." Alice raised an eyebrow at Tomiko. "That must be worth something."

"Feh. That had nothing to do with us. It was all Fujiko's dumb luck. She got far enough and close enough for the data on that chip of yours to prove somewhat useful."

Nerysm Seraphim

<a href=http://pub4.ezboard.com/fsithempire76244ramascorner.showMessage?topicID=13 58.topic>"Dumb luck indeed."</a> Alice smirked.

Edge Solude

"...........whatever."

"You DID watch the whole thing, didn't you? My baby's Sith..." Alice laughed. "Though she definetely wasn't acting like one if you know what I mean..."

"Oh who the hell cares." Tomiko growled and prepared to leave the tavern.

"wait."

"What is it now?" Tomiko said somewhat impatiently, shifting her eyes in Alice's direction.

Nerysm Seraphim

Alice's expression became serious. "You know the rules. If they see you for more than five minutes..." She reached into her coat and pulled out a large gun. "...then that's how long they have left to live!" She immediately began opening fire on the various patrons.

Edge Solude

"Just put out a neon sign, why don't you?" she mumbled under her breath. "I don't know which ones I'm looking forward to meeting the least: Jedi or Sith."

"I heard that!!" Alice continued shooting up the bar, hitting the bartender and shattering the glass fixtures. "Force-users have better things to do than deal with the likes of us. I'm sure I taught you that ALSO!!" She grinned and continued firing.

"Yeah...." A man escaped Alice's bullets and went for the door. Tomiko grabbed him by the hair on his head and yanked back abruptly, breaking his neck and letting him fall limp on the floor.

Nerysm Seraphim

Alice stopped firing and looked around, satisfied at the body count. "Good enough. Let's go."

Edge Solude

Tomiko shrugged indifferently and walked out of the tavern with Alice following close behind her. She immediately stopped in her tracks.

A huge number of the town's folk were surrounding the entrance to the tavern, many of them brandishing weapons.

"How ridiculous..." Tomiko grimaced, annoyed.

Alice looked over Tomiko's shoulder. "Oh, how was I suppose to know...?" she asked hushly. "Little towns like this are usually not this bold."

Trace Sha

:: It was yet another day at TSE HQ for Trace. He had recently begun training his first apprentice, shortly after having learned of a friend’s death. That friend’s passing had more significance than the loss of a life, the loss of a comrade, it also marked an exciting time for the Sith Knight, older brother to Rama Sha, the excitement of learning and wielding a new and somewhat mysterious weapon.

Mysterious because the friend, who bestowed it upon him at death, mentioned that is held secrets that may possibly be mastered. The gift was an unusual lightsaber, with metal blades protruding from the emitter end of the hilt, a very dangerous and ominous look indeed.

Trace had yet to have need of the weapon in battle and for that matter hadn’t even ignited it yet, not wanting to dishonor its previous bearer by igniting it needlessly. He clipped it back on his belt as he made his way over to his fresher facility within his room, and washed his face, stopping to stare at his reflection briefly. Thinking to himself that he still had a long way to go before he tapped all of the Force potential that he was told he possessed when he was young.

He exited his room, and started to walk through the hallway of HQ, buried deep under the planet’s capital city, and wondered what this day may hold in store for him, curious if this would be the day he finally had need to ignite Disorder. ::

DarthNuriko

TSE HQ

::Nuriko sat in a small room, which she had taken upon herself to decorate to her own unique tastes. Sure, nothing was wrong with the quarters she shared with Rama. This place was a symbol of her room in the old HQ-- a tiny space with a futon, a dresser, and a simple mirror-- that she had chosen as her own when Empire Leader Lady Mara Jade had accepted her into the Empire and when Rama had first taken her on as a disciple. She never expected to be sleeping her Master's room instead, and the room she had never had a chance to spark any life.

::In this new HQ, despite the vague but ever present symbolism to her, this room was similar to the other in size alone. It had a table in the center, an oriental style table in that you sat on the floor to eat from it.

::Nuriko's daughter sat on a pillow and ate rice with meat and a sweet sauce from a bowl, as Nuriko sipped some tea. Kali became ever-distracted by the momentos on the wall.

::Rama's glass case was moved here and Nuriko couldn't help but smile everytime she saw it. He collected every piece of her he could when he was courting her, and saved it all in a glass case. It had been broken because... as a result of a wrong choice she had made to end their relationship, but as soon as things had patched up, the glass had been promptly replaced.

::Various items and trophies saved from the old HQ were on the wall. A couple of sabres presented by Grendel, a sabre presented by Talth and on the other wall, a few sabres and items presented to Rama from his various apprentices.::

EDIT - TTT

Kali Sha

::Kali looked over at the wall, something on there getting her attention far more than it should've. Something new...::

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast