Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Reunion (CLOSED RP)

Khaliqua Van Derveld

(Lost in thought, the young woman was drying off a bar glass when she heard the cooks yelling for her. Running back to the kitchen, Khali scooped up the plates and quickly took them back to her table. She placed the burgers in front of her customers and smiled again. Flirting was an essential part of any barmaid's handbook. Pushing her hair out of her face with a hand, she glanced from face to face)

"Was there anythin else I can get y'all?"

(She winked at the blue haired man, he had attracted her attention more so than others. The nagging feeling she knew him lingered, however, no matter how hard she tried to erase it.)

Kaine Darklighter

Kaine grinned slightly when he saw the barmaid coming back with their food. She placed the plates onto the table, and he looked down at the burger. When he looked back up at the barmaid, he noticed her wink at him, and he simply smiled.

“Hmn, Nah, I'm right.. What 'bout you, Vegz?”

“Just a water..”

Kaine nodded, then looked back up at the barmaid. There was something about her.. A small, lingering thought told him that he knew her, but how could he know her? Wait.. Maybe she.. No. She couldn't be. Kaine simply nodded to her, then turned to the burger.

Vega Van Derveld

:: Blinking to bring himself back to reality Vega took a sip of his water. He watched as Kaine and the barmaid tosses back and forth flirting gestures with winks and smiles. Vega shook his head lightly. ::

What's so interesting about the barmaid, Kaine?

Kaine Darklighter

Kaine watched as the barmaid turned, and walked back for the counter. He smiled lightly, then turned back to Vega.

What's so interesting about the barmaid, Kaine?

“Vega.. I think that's Khaliqua..”

What?!

“Mm-hmm.. I'm not really sure, but I think she is..”

Kaine shook his head slightly, then lifted up his burger, and took a small bite from it. Placing it back down onto the plate, he looked at Vega.

“I'll call her over.. I wanna know for sure.”

Turning his head slightly, Kaine glanced over at the barmaid. He waited for her to stop cleaning the bench, then hastily tilted his head, calling her over. He saw her smile lightly, as she began to walk over to them. Once she got there, Kaine looked up at her briefly. She did have quite a resemblance to Khaliqua. Could it be her? Could it really be her? He had to find out..

“Hey, umn, Is your name Khaliqua by any chance..?”

Khaliqua Van Derveld

(She walked up to them smiling sweetly, and shock registered in her eyes as she heard her name)

"Why yes.. yes, my name is Khaliqua.. I normally go by Khali now though.. How do y'all know my name?"

(She peered at the blue haired man, now faintly suspicious. It was right on the tip of her tongue, but yet it stayed elusive)

Kaine Darklighter

Kaine's heart skipped a beat when she said her name. It was her! It was actually her! After all these years that he'd been seperated from her, he'd finally found her again.

Thank-god that I got hungry..

Kaine supressed a small urge to laugh, as he kept his gaze locked up on Khali. He turned his head slightly to Vega, then almost instantly back up to Khali.

“Oh my god.. Khali..”

He was so shocked. After all this time.. Kaine was so hurt when she was taken away from him all those years ago. And now.. now she was back.

“Khali.. It's me.. Kaine..”

Khaliqua Van Derveld

(Her eyes widened in total shock and disbelief; she gasped loudly. They searched his face as memories came flooding back in a tidal wave. The night she was ripped away from him, the pain she had felt. He looked so different, tired in a way. Khali couldn't say anything, her hands were clasped over her mouth.)

(He stood up from his chair and she threw herself into his embrace. Tears flowed down her cheeks in a steady river as her arms wrapped around his neck.)

"Oh my god, Kaine.. how.. why.. what are yah doing here? I thought I'd nevuh see you again."

(Tears of happiness still streamed down her face as she pulled away slightly. Looking him in the eyes she realized it was him; it was her lost love, Kaine. She raised her hand to touch his cheek, losing herself in his beautiful eyes.)

Kaine Darklighter

Kaine stared into her beautiful sea blue eyes, as he slowly lifted up a hand, scooping away some hair from her face. He softly wiped away some tears from her face, his smile expressing the same love from so many years ago.

“We came here to find you, Khali.. To find you..”

His voice was barely above a whisper. Kaine was too shocked to raise his voice any higher. He pulled her close once again, embracing her in a bear hug, and his eyes closed momentarily. Pulling away softly, he smiled at her again.

“Khali, I'd like you to meet someone..”

Turning to the side slightly, while keeping one arm around Khali, he motioned to Vega.

“This is Vega.. Vega Van Derveld. Your brother.”

Vega Van Derveld

:: Vegas state of 'not-paying-attention-ness' was suddenly rocked and broken. He blinked, watching as Kaine and the barmaid engaged in a reunion of sorts. Then it kicked in. Kaine had called her Khali. He said Khaliqua was a relation of his, of some sort. His sister.

Uh..

He wasn't often lost for words, infact most of the time he was very eloquent. But now, now he couldn't think of what to say. Rising to his feet he took a soft bow. ::

Greetings.. Khaliqua..

Kaine Darklighter

TTT...

Ket VanDerveld

((OOC: I dont mean to intrude guys,but Vega...[/i]Slaps him upside the head[/i] ASS! Why didn't you tell me about this? Am I lunchmeat or sumthing? LOL! Anyhow,nice story,im liking this a whole hell of alot! Anyway i can get in here somehow? I mean,Vegs,you know,with our past,maybe we can work it into this somehow,maybe make it a lil bit more interesting or something. And dont worry,ill edit this all out after you see it. Hiya Kaine! and um,well,hiya Khali!))

Vega Van Derveld

OOC: If you'd haul your ass onto AIM I'd brief you on how to get to Karfeddion and jump into this plot.

Kaine Darklighter

TTT..

Khaliqua Van Derveld

(Khali brought her hands up and rubbed at her eyes. What had started out as an uneventful day soon turned on its head. Her mind was awash with thousands of thoughts, feelings, emotions as she looked between the two young men. For a few moments, Khali could not say a word. It seemed like her throat had closed itself tightly as a barrier against the intense emotions that surged through her. Kaine was back. Back in front of her eyes, something she had never thought would happen. And now. Now a brother?)

(She studied the man for a few moments. He was older, a study man for certain. He looked like he could handle himself quite well in a brawl. When she finally regained the ability to speak, she could only ramble..)

"Oh my... you've come back for me??? and.. and... ah've got a brother??"

(Khali pulled her arms from around Kaine's neck and made her way to her brother. She stood in front of him, staring into his eyes. The woman had seen the lightsaber that was clipped to the man's belt, but refrained from saying anything. He would tell her in due time. Suddenly, the girl could restrain herself no longer. Throwing her arms around her neck, she hugged him tightly.)

"Hello, my brother... Vega... Hail and well met...."

Vega Van Derveld

Again, a reunion of siblings. And this time, a female. A sister. Kin. Kindred. What of it? He knew nothing of her, and all he could do was return the embraces, trusting Kaines words that she was his sister.

Good.. to meet you.. Khaliqua...

Khaliqua Van Derveld

**She sensed a wave of discomfort emanating from the man who called himself Vega -- her brother. Khali disengaged her arms, pulling back slightly. It was near time for her short break anyway, so she pulled herself up a chair and sat down. Waving for them to join her sitting again, she ran a hand through her hair.

**Glancing back at Kaine, she scooted her chair closer and slipped an arm around his waist. It had been so long since she had last seen him. Today was like a dream come true. Closing her eyes, Khali leaned her head against his shoulder. Composing her emotions. Upon opening them, she looked at her brother.

"So how is this possible? What was my fathuh like? Ah mean.. oh my... Ah just don't know... How did you two meet? Just.... just tell me everythin, please.. Ah have time.. it's near to may break time anyway... just.. tell me everything."

Vega Van Derveld

Khaliqua was not the only one confused by all of this, Vega was still shocked a little by these revelations.

I have no idea as to how this is possible, miss. As for your father, his name was Diego.. he was a .. space pirate of sorts. Travelled a lot.

Vega ran one hand back through his hair, looking downwards.

As for how we met... it was in a battle..

He looked to Kaine uneasily.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123