Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Reunion (CLOSED RP)

Vega Van Derveld

Reunion (CLOSED RP)

:: Vega stood, arms crossed, alone. He looked very dark on this particular day, and the mid-evening sun didn't really help. A few days back he had sent a private transmition to the Jedi Kaine Darklighter, offering him another battle now that both combatants were knights of their order. So now he waited, waited for Kaine to arrive or to back down from the challenge ::

Kaine Darklighter

Kaine grinned mockingly from behind Vega, and crossed his arms.

“Oh, look at me, I'm the big tough Vega..”

As Vega turned around to look at Kaine, he chuckled softly when he saw Vega's glare. Kaine dropped his hands to his side, and lowered his head slightly. The mid-evening sun shined off his eyes, giving them an orangish red glow. Grinning, he stared at Vega.

“Let's get this underway, shall we?”

With a flick of the wrist, Kaine's saber appeared in his right hand. Thumbing it to life, the familiar snap-hiss was let out. The silver blade extended out from the hilt, and grew to its full 1 metre length. Putting the saber infront of his body, he stood in a defensive position.

Vega Van Derveld

:: Vega shrugged off his pride for the moment and unclipped Seraphim, taking a few steps back.

So finally we meet again, Kaine. We promised each other this fight, and I guess now is when it begins..

A slightly sly grin came across Vegas face as he took an offensive position, looking at the Jedi with a sharp glare.

Attack me..

Vega waited a few seconds and Kaine made now move. Vega growled lowly, uttering one word. ::

Adelantado!

Kaine Darklighter

Kaines whole body suddenly froze. It was as if time had frozen around Vega. Everything seem to have stopped. Kaine stared at the Sith infront of him.

“.. What did you just say .. ?”

Vega Van Derveld

:: Vega lowered his weapon slightly. Was this some sort of joke. A shock tactic possibly? He wasn't sure. Kaine wasn't trying to access his thoughts, so what was he doing. Vega mentally shrugged off this feeling and spoke his last word ::

Adelantado...

Kaine Darklighter

A flashback played through his head:

<font size="1" color="ff0000" face="tahoma">
    “Really!?”

The 9 year old Kaine got excited at knowing someone who was on one of the best ship in all sectors. He jumped down off his stool, and looked up at Oran.

“Can we go look at it? Please?”

Oran slipped off his stool and stood up, grinning smugly down at Duos. He flicked some bangs from his face as gestured with his head to the door.

"Sure. Let's go."

Walking away slowly, Oran paused and glanced over his shoulder at Duos.

"Adelantado.."

Suddenly, the teen began to run, skidding out of the cantina door as he pivoted on his foot to turn the corner, heading back over to the ship.

Duos panted as he finally caught up to Oran. The dust swirled around the two boys as they stood in awe, staring up at the machinery infront of them. A wide grin spread over Vegas face as he glanced from the ship down to Duos. ::

"Here it is. The Brigandier."

</font>

Kaine simply stared at Vega.

“Oran...?”

Vega Van Derveld

:: Vega lowered his saber even more, unsure of what to do. He half closed his eyes, the name Oran striking an emotional note within hime. Vega groaned quietly, guiding his eyes back up to look at Kaine. The image of Duos D'An flickered in his memory, fading from that of a small boy to the image of the brightly-colour haired teen that now stood before Vega. ::

...Duos?

Kaine Darklighter

Kaine stepped back slightly. He was shocked. Very shocked. Vega was Oran? How can this be? They've been parted for so long.. and they promised that they'd be friends forever.. Now they're enemies.

“Ho.. wh.. Oh my god..”

Vega Van Derveld

:: Vega thumbed off his saber and let his posture relax a little as he ran one hand up through his hair. What was he to do now? Fight Kaine, knowing the Jedi was infact Duos? He couldn't bring himself around to it. No matter how much he tried to believe he hated Kaine ::

Heh... long time... no see..

Kaine Darklighter

Kaine looked at Vega. He did have some resemblance to Oran. This was unbelieveable. The friend he had lost so long ago .. was back. Kaine turned his saber off, and almost dropped it to the ground. He suddenly smirked.

“You know.. You still haven't told me your full name..”

Vega Van Derveld

:: Vega was a little knocked by Kaines statement and was a little suprised at the sudden occurance of all the current events. But he answered never the less, speaking his name with pride. ::

Vega Van-Derveld..

Kaine Darklighter

Kaine was nearly knocked of his feet.

“You have GOT to be kidding me!? You just said Van Derveld, didn't you?”

Vega Van Derveld

:: Vega shook his head slowly, wondering why Kaine looked so suprised ::

Vega Van-Derveld.. I'm suprised you didn't know that, Kaine.

Kaine Darklighter

“No-one's ever told me your complete name.. I only knew Vega..”

Kaine's face seemed all teared up, as if he was sad. Vegas last name had got to him. Another flashback suddenly came to him..

<font size="2" color="ff0000" face="tahoma">

Kaine smiled as he stared into the eyes of Khaliqua. Khaliqua Van Derveld, another slave on his world. Too the other slaves, The two 12 year olds seemed to be madly in love. But at their age, they wouldn't even know what love is. Both of them leaned in close to each other, and softly pressed their lips together. They enveloped themselves in a short kiss, before they went off to go to their rooms. Kaine smiled too himself as he layed down on his bed, and shortly after, fell to sleep.

“AHHHHHHH!!!”

The screams of slaves is all that could be heard. It was half way through the night, and Kaine had no idea what was going on. Sitting up on his bed, he stared out the window. Blue blaster bolts(stun bolts) were flying all over the place, with the slaves running like chickens with no heads. Kaine quickly got up, and ran out of his house.

“KAINEEEE!!!” Yelled Khaliqua, as he saw one of the stormtroopers holding her tight, while dragging her away.

“KHALIQUA! NOO!!!”

He began to run for that stormtrooper, when his whole body suddenly fell unconcious. A stun bolt had hit him. That was the last he had ever seen of Khaliqua.

</font>

Kaine lowered his head. This cant be happening. First, He was reunited with the greatest friend he has ever had. Now, he remembered his past love, because of his greatest friends last name.

“V.. Vega.. Did you ever have a sister...?”

Vega Van Derveld

:: Vegas face went blank. Family. Now, there was Vega, Ket, Cat and Mort. They were all the family he had. He didn't have a sister. Or did he? The only reason he had Cat as a brother was because of his father 'sleeping around'. Who knows, it could have happened again.

A sister...a sister....

The Sith Knight looked deep in thought. But the thoughts were all blank, he couldn't remember ever having a sister. ::

Kaine Darklighter

Kaine sighed softly. Maybe it was just someone with the same last name as Vega? No. It had to be his sister.. It just had to be..

“.. Well .. ?”

Vega Van Derveld

I don't think so. But then again, but father travelled a lot, who knows...

:: Vega ran over the members of his families names. It had to be someone younger than him... there was no one younger than him except Ket and Cat. But what..was..

<font color="#00FFFF" face="Tahoma" size="2"iego huddled Virginie and Vega into the Brigandier, trying to shuffle them away from the noise outside.
    "You! YOU CAN'T JUST LEAVE ME HERE!"</font></p>

Kaine Darklighter

“Vega.. Just try and remember anything of another person in your family.. Anything at all..”

Kaine sighed softly, as he waited for Vega's response.

Vega Van Derveld

:: Vega rubbed the side of his head and groaned. ::

Seems like there was another from what I remember, Kaine... I've never met... them before though.

Kaine Darklighter

He nodded slightly to Vega. He had to look for her. He would find her. Kaine lost her when he was 12. This offer was too tempting. Being able to see Khaliqua once again.. He had to take it.

“Vega, I'm going back to Karfeddion. I'm going to find her.”

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast