Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A New Purpose (Closed)

Anubis Lockheart

OOC: Yeah but some people haven't replied .... Hint hint hint nudge nudge Dragon!

Vega Van Derveld

OOC: Multiple people yup. More jedi are meant to be here but it seems as thought they have forgotten about this battle...

Anubis Lockheart

OOC: If anyone could get in contact with the people who were posting here and stopped. Try and find out what they're doing so we can all know. THat'd be great

Nichos Marr

OOC: Well dlayer has mysteriously disappeared. I'll try and get a hold of Damel. And as for Warren...God knows why he isn't posting...

Vega Van Derveld

OOC: Warren said he would, but he's just slow :

Damel Girte

ooc: sorry about that, guys...
    ic:

*Throwing her left foot behind her to keep from falling, Damel skidded to a stop and took a step forward, regaining her balanced stance several feet away from the Sith.* All right, that didn't go so well..

".. No, you should have at least gone for my Right shoulder, it was less protected.." *A slight grin crossed the girl's face at MnT's comment. "Thanks. I'll be sure to keep that in mind next time," she retorted wryly. As the Sith watched, the girl cautiously eased closer, then suddenly sprang into motion. A few quick steps, and their blades crackled together down by Miryan's left knee, then up by his right elbow, hanging a glowing arc in the air as they swept down in a lock to clash between the two fighters once more, Damel's horizontal slash forming a blazing cross with the Sith's vertical block in the darkness.

The blades and the fighters stood frozen in the cross for an instant. Lashing out without warning during that split-second, Damel aimed a high snap-kick towards MnT's stomach, sending him staggering back a pace to regain his breath. Pulling her foot quickly back before he could strike it with his saber, she danced around him shifting her weight from foot to foot, never letting her gaze off the Sith.*

"Why don't you try it?" *As she shouted her challenge, the girl brought her saber near in a defensive position. The hum of the blade rang in her ears as she watched Miryan's face intently.*

Dragon dlayer

OOC: sorry sorry sorry sorry

Ic: also with the help of the force dragon spun around and blocked that attack..he then pushed forword makeing the sith step back..dragon used the moment and jumped backwords*

Miryan no Trunks

*A slight look of dissapointment appeared on MnT's face, at the sarcastic tone of her reply.. He took a moment to regain his breath, then spoke*

... You took my comment as an insult.. Make no mistake, I said it to help you out..

*Slowly, he brought his blade up in front of him, holding it vertically..*

... Your swordsmanship is impressive though..

*Pushing off with his back foot, MnT leapt forwards towards her, landing just out of striking distance. Taking another step forward with his right foot, MnT began swinging down with his sword, aiming at Damel's left shoulder. This was easily blocked, so MnT brought the sword back in, and immediately thrust it outwards towards the jedi's Right shoulder. She made a quick push to the right with her saber to try to fend off the blade, but found little resistance. MnT let his sword be pushed, throwing Damel off balance, as he pivoted on his right foot, twisting himself around in a durasteel-booted spin-kick that connected hard with the side of the jedi's head, using her already lacking balance to send her spinning down into the dirt.*

*MnT thought to himself for a moment that perhaps he shouldn't have kicked so hard, but then he considered her battle skills so far, and figured she'd probably be able to handle it fine..*

*Taking a few steps back, he continued hopping lightly back and forth, holding himself in a defensive position, waiting for her to get back up...*

OOC: ttt, ttt again =P C'mon Damel, Post ¡^_^

Damel Girte

ooc: I apologize for all the delays and everything... I'll be here a lot more from now on, I promise. And if I'm not, you can hunt me down and thwack me on the head.
    ic:

*Rolling to her feet, a bit grimy but otherwise unhurt, her eyes locked onto his face again. But this time, there was a hint of a smile- a real smile- behind the kid's eyes. This guy was different from any Sith she had ever fought...

"Thanks," she whispered.

Then, reigniting her saber, she leapt forward, pushing off sideways with her left foot, causing MnT to duck quickly to his left in order to block the apparent blow. But it was a feint- even as the Sith moved to one side, her right foot jabbed out and she pushed off in the other direction, quickly bringing her saber around aiming towards his midsection.*

Miryan no Trunks

*As the Jedi pushed off with her left foot, MnT sensed little hostility in her aura. Unfortunately, however, he had trained himself to reflexively dodge out of the way in such a scenario. He would have to work on that later..*

*He heard the humm of the saber nearing him, and had to make a split-second decision. Either attempt to regain his balance, and defend against the attack, or roll with the trick, and dodge out of the way, away from Damel's attack. He knew that his speed would most likely be able to bring him around into defense, but he doubted his balance would be able to hold up, given his momentum in this direction. He opted not to end up on the ground with a saber at his throat.*

*Pushing off with his back leg, MnT dove down towards the ground. His body hunched over just enough, as the saber buzzed overtop of him, missing by perhaps half an inch. He hit the ground in a graceful roll, somersaulting twice, before rolling back onto his feet, and quickly turning around. He scolded himself silently for his inability to react quicker, and brought his blade back up into a proper grip, and stance, as he had needed to loosen it to aide in agility.*

Edit: Intermission: "Let's all go to the Lobby, Let's all go to the Lobby, Let's all go to the Lobby, and Get ourselves a snack!" We now return to our regularly scheduled program.

*MnT stared right into the young Jedi's eyes, his own so dark that they seemed to burrow into her soul. He stood there a moment, considering what his next move would be..*

... Her speed is formidable.. heh.. I seem to be finding that a trait of Most opponents I face recently.. something I'll have to work on.. Hmm.... perhaps..

*A slight grin appeared on MnT's face, and he began moving Damnation's touch down. As he did, he slowly started to move towards his opponent, picking up speed. As the blade stopped, he took off in a full dash, the sword trailing behind him at a 30 or so degree angle. Just before strike distance, MnT suddenly pressed up into a leap, and swung his sword up towards her like an uppercut..*

OOC: Yuh huh. I posted my attack, there ya go =)

Damel Girte

ooc: *phew.* finally.. here we go. Sorry it's kinda short- about to be cut off again.
    ic:

*She saw the blade suddenly flash and hum towards her face, and did the only thing she could do in that short a time- duck. Flinging her right hand with the saber up to guard her body somewhat, she threw herself backwards.

Bending her left elbow upon impact to absorb the force of the fall, Damel twisted around, quickly ducking under the Sith's upward-swinging blade. As MnT turned, she swung her elbow hard into the small of his back, hard bone crashing against his unprotected spine.*

Miryan no Trunks

*Fortunately for him, MnT's trenchcoat absorbed much of the blow, but it was still enough to send him stumbling forwards in pain.. Damel surprised him.. she had more strength in her than her form displayed.. *

*MnT used the forward momentum to put some space in between him and the Jedi, with a few long steps. He swung his blade around, bringing his body with it, to face his opponent. He took a quick moment to flex and twist his back, assessing the damage.. She had landed an excellent blow, he could feel that there would most definately be a bruise there, of extreme size and color..*

.. Well done, your aim is true, even in such a rushed moment..

*Acknowledging the fact that she had enough strength in her to take his attacks at full, MnT played a few ideas through his mind, before finally settling..*

*MnT began dashing towards Damel, holding his blade in his right hand, it's weight having no visible effect on his movement.. As he neared, about 8 feet away from the Jedi, MnT thrust his left hand forward, accompanying a semi-powerful force push. This hit Damel's small form with some power, and sent her stumbling back a few feet, although retaining her footing. Looking forwards, she couldn't see the Sith, but as she looked up, he came into view. Descending towards her, MnT was little more than a sillhouette against the moon, with his blade raised behind his head, about to do a horizontal slash towards her head..*

OOC: There we go ^_^

Damel Girte

*She brought her saber up in a horizontal block above her head as MnT crashed his blade downwards, stumbling down a bit but bent knees absorbing most of the blow. Quickly sweeping her saber out from under the Sith's, she lunged upwards with a quick strike towards his head, giving her time to recover while he easily blocked it.

After a few more rounds of strikes and parries, the two opponents backed off, circling one another. Damel waited until her back was towards the forest, and she was standing directly between MnT and the trees. A quick backwards glance over her shoulder, and then her eyes went back on the Sith, never wavering from the receding figure as she backed carefully into the forest, golden blade held defensively in front of her. Soon, all he could see was the glow of the blade in the darkness among the trees.*

Come an' catch me... if you can.

*The golden blade flickered out, and a small shadow ducked into the brush. MnT was left standing by the edge of the forest.*

ooc: now it's time to use that 'un, heh...

Miryan no Trunks

*As he watched the young Jedi dissapear into the darkness of the forest, MnT merely smiled, and shooke his head..*

... One shouldn't try to escape from the Lion by entering it's nest..

*He thought to himself, before considering that the Jedi would have no knowledge of his training ground of choice.. It seemed to him, that he'd spent more time in forests training, than outside of them.. The darkness would be her disadvantage as well.. At the thought, MnT cut off the flow of energy to the blade of his sword, causing the glow to dissapate.. *

.. My weapon will still work Fine without casting a light..

*With little effort, MnT leapt up onto a tree branch, landing with enough skill and grace that the branch barely even shook. From there, he dissapeared into the blackness, as he hunted down the Jedi in complete silence..*

Damel Girte

Where is he.... where....

*Hidden in the brush, perfectly still and barely breathing, she reached out with her mind and searched for Miryan.

There! found him.... She concentrated on the figure perched high up in the branches. What to do? If she moved, it would reveal her position...

Suddenly, vines seemed to leap from the trunk of the tree the Sith stood on. The thick green shoots entwined around his legs and torso, catching him by surprised. The girl suppressed a slight grin as the largest vine, which had wrapped around his ankle, gave a sudden yank, trying to pull him down.*

Shadow LeFae

Help

:: Fae Jumps into the Stormie Fae to help her new master and friends... ::
    "I'm know I'm not supposed to be there, but Oh, well"
    :: Arrives at the battle field and surveys the scene... ::

Miryan no Trunks

*MnT sat there watching the Jedi. He knew she could see him, but that She knew he could see Her, he doubted.. As he watched, he couldn't tell what she was going to do.. He could sense the ferocity in her aura, and could tell that she would soon attack.. Suddenly, vines began shooting up from the base of the tree, and quickly wound their way around his legs.. He let a quick smile open on his lips.. He'd heard that the Jedi's were able to manipulate nature like this, but had never seen it in battle. Unfortunately, it wasn't the best maneuver to use on a warrior weilding a sword. Just as the vines began to pull, trying to collect him to the ground, MnT brought his blade down and around, severing all but a few of the tainted plants, the rest taken out by him bringing the blade back. As the green whips began falling to the ground, MnT closed his eyes and concentrated.. He couldn't manipulate nature itself, but he could push and pull it around efficiently enough via the force.. Suddenly, as the vines neared where Damel hid, they began picking up speed, and started dodging around rapidly. Loud cracks soon filled the air as the tips broke the sound barrier, whipping around closer and closer to the Jedi. Finally, just to throw a little extra confusion into the fray, MnT brought his sword around above him, quickly and soundlessly severing quite a large amount of small branches and leaves, from the tree. As they fell, adding more motion to betray her perception of the force, MnT watched curiously, waiting to see how the Jedi would get out of this one..*

Damel Girte

*A whirlwind of green and brown seemed to suddenly swirl in the air, obscuring, for an instant, her perception of the Sith. Springing up from the brush, the girl groped about in the flurry, trying to reach out and still the wildly spinning sticks and vines.*

Calm. Calm! Still... there, now.... still. Calm...

*The last stick fell gently to the ground, and there was a sudden quiet. She couldn't see or sense Miryan any more. He must have hidden himself with the Force. That was a good tactic... blinding your enemy and using the time to conceal yourself. She would remember this particular variation... Doing her best to hide her presence in the Force as well, she silently slipped off to a nearby tree. There was a sudden flicker in the treetops.*

Miryan...

*It was vague and quick, too quick for her to get a bearing on where he was. But she knew he was nearby, somewhere in the trees. Concentrating harder, she masked out most of her presence in the Force, then reached out and tugged at the fabric of it in several different places, placing a whisper of movement by eight other trees. To the Sith, unable to tell which was the real Damel, it seemed like the girl was hiding behind all eight trees, trying to conceal herself. Meanwhile, pressed against the moss-speckled bark of the tree, Damel stood perfectly still, brow furrowed as she concentrated intently on keeping up the illusion.*

Miryan no Trunks

*He smiled as he watched the Jedi stand there, cautiously looking up towards the canopy, on the other side of the tree she was at..*

... Well That worked well..

*As Damel had been stopping the vines and sticks from cutting her apart, MnT had quickly made his way to another tree, and withdrew his force signature from her.. She had successfully saved herself from the debris, and was watching upwards, trying to find him, when MnT reached out with the force, causing some motion in the branches up and just to the other side of her.. The tactic worked, and she ran behind the tree that was just in front of him..*

... Hmm.. curious..

*The thought entered his mind, as the Jedi began manipulating the force around her, creating ghosts of sorts behind multiple other trees, as if trying to confuse someone who could not see her fine.. He caused another crash of movement, off near one of the trees that she was using, and watched as she peered around the corner of the tree, hoping to see him going around.*

*Silently, MnT leapt down from the tree, making sure to place his feet perfectally as he landed, as not to snap any branches, or make any loud noise.. He also used the force as well he could to hide the sound of his clothing fluttering from her.. It worked..*

*He walked up behind her, noticing her head jerking back and forth slightly as she nervously watched, awaiting something that would not come.. He took in a deep breath, exhaled, and then tapped her on the shoulder..*

... Who are you looking for..?

Shadow LeFae

"I'm simply

observing how my Master and friends fight in battle."

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast