Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Little Things

Live Wire

The Little Things

OOC: This is a short rpg for me, Lady Vader, and Lady DeVille. Though anyone in TSO can take part in it.

IC:

*The Lightning's Strike sped away from Varonat and limped back to TSO HQ. LW's eyes were dark and tired and her hair desperately needed to be brushed. It was obvious LW hadn't slept in over a week and it was starting to catch up to her. Finally as the Strike made it to the safety of hyperspace LW let herself begin to relax and checked the stats on the ship. One small hull breach down in the cargo bay and no shields but still intact enough to get her home. After being in the outer rim for so long LW was going to be glad to see home once again.

Once satisfied that she would be able to make it home in one piece she looked over at the precious cargo sitting in the co pilots seat. Lying there was the angelic face of a sleeping baby. Live Wire took the little bundle in her arms and headed toward her quarters.

LW set the baby on the bed and smiled as she looked at it's sleeping face. Turning to her comm system she sent out a message to TSO.*

I'm on my way home guys.

Lady Vader

*LV toweled her hair off as she exited the bathroom into her bedroom*

LV: Nothing like a warm bath after some rock climbing.

*Iesis looked up from her sleeping mat and purr-growled, happy to see her mistress... LV went over and scratched the large cat on the head*

*at that moment, her com console began beeping*

*LV walked over to it and and saw it was a message from LW... she sighed*

LV: Well, it's about time. How long does a small errand take?

*she pressed the recieve button and watched as the screen resolved itself into a visage of LW*

LW: "I'm on my way home guys."

*LV frowned... it wasn't a call, only a message... LV looked closer at the image of LW and noticed her hair looked unkempt*

LV: Odd. That's not LW.

*she switched off her com and walked over to her closet*

LV: Well, we'll see what transpired on her errand when she arrives.

Live Wire

*LW checked the strikes time to come out of hyperspace and sighed. She'd been gone this long. A few hours or so more wouldn't make too much of a difference. She ran a brush through her tangled hair and washed her face off. She frowned as she looked in the mirror. Marginally better but not much. What she needed was sleep. She looked over toward the soft bed and her fatigue won out. Intending to just lay down for a moment LW called a pillow to her and curled up next to the baby

LW was woken up by an alarm going off in the ship. She woke up instantly as the baby started to cry. LW swore at not having remembered to turn the noisy thing off. Using the force to calm the baby LW picked her up and headed toward the cockpit. Quickly LW brought the strike out of hyperspace and mentaly cursed herself for letting sleep get the best of her for so long. As the stars became points of light once again LW headed towards correllia.*

Home sweet home.

*LW opened a comm channel with TSO*

LW: I'm bringing the strike in to the docking bay. Am I cleared for landing?

TSO tech: You are cleared Mistress Wire. You may dock on your usual pad.

LW: Thank you

*LW skillfully brought the strike down in the tso hangar bay and lowered the ramp. Looking over at the now awake baby she smiled*

Looks like we're home.

Lady Vader

*the instant LV had recieved the message from the TSO tech that LW was landing, she had made her way down to the hangar*

*LV strode through the door as the Strike was touching down on it's usual pad... she walked towards the ship, Iesis following lazily behind her*

*the ramp lowered and LV looked up to see LW standing there, looking like she'd seen better days*

LV: LW? What happened? You look like you just ran into a super nova after a rumble with a few angery wampa?

*she then surveyed the ship*

LV: Umm... guess I'm not too far off from that super nova.

*she snapped her fingers to get the attention of some of the techs busilly running around*

LV: You there! Begin repairs on the Strike immediately.

Bay tech: Yes, Ma'am!

*LV turned back to find LW already at the bottom of the ramp, with a bundle in her arms*

*LV looked on curiously, then looked up at LW... she raised an eyebrow*

Live Wire

*LW looked at the techs gratefully and grimaced when she looked at the ship. The damage looked worse from the outside.*

LW: Oh it's good to be home.

LV: Short mission huh?

LW: Yeah sorry about that. I kinda got hung up.

LV: I see that.

*LW walked over to LV still clutching the little bundle. Gently she removed the blanket from the babys face as LV's eyes went wide*

I brought home a guest.

Lady Vader

*LV blinked a few times, moving her mouth, but nothing escaping... needless to say, she was very much surprised*

*she finally closed her mouth and chuckled, looking up at LW*

LV: Dare I ask?

Live Wire

*LW smiled at LV's shock*

Probably not. It's a long story.

*LV gave her a look that said when is anything involving you NOT a long story. LW shrugged.*

I want to get the baby down to the med bay and get her checked out. I gave her a cursory checkup but I want someone to give her a thorough one. She's been through a lot and I want to make sure she's okay.

*LV followed LW out of the hangar bay and up to the med bay.*

And I'll answer your questions.

Lady Vader

LV: Ok. Sounds like a plan.

*LV looked with some interest at how Iesis had taken a liking to the infant, and kept pace with the two women, every now and then sniffing the air*

LV: Hope the baby likes cats. Looks like she's already made one as a friend.

*both women chuckled as they made their way to the med bay*

Live Wire

*the Doctor on duty gave LW a questioning look as she handed over the baby. The two sith women watch as the staff examines the little one. LW walked over and took the babys tiny little hand in her own. After getting a look from the doctor LW walked back over to LV*

I think she's fine.

*LW stretches her back and grimaces in pain*

More then I can say for myself.

Lady Vader

*LV looked at LW*

LV: Well, you DO look like you've seen better days. You look like you could use a checking also.

*she called a nurse over, as LW protested, but LV held up a hand and gave LW that all too familiar look of "don't argue with me"*

*LW sighed and let the nurse tend to her*

*LV looked over at the baby and frowned, then looked back at LW*

LV: It's obvious the child is Force sensitive. That much is clear...

*she looked back at the infant... then back at LW, slightly annoyed that she was being oftly quiet*

LV: Well? Are you going to tell me why a simple errand that should take no more than 24 hours has kept you from us for almost a week? Or am I gonna have to beat it out of ya?

*she raised an eyebrow and smiled at her last comment*

*LW looked up at her and smiled, knowing full well that last comment was a joke... she then sighed, looking more exhausted than LV had ever seen her before*

Live Wire

*As LW lay letting the nurse check her over she closed her eyes thoughtfully*

Honestly I don't know what happened myself.

I went to Varonat to meet my contact. I needed to get some things I can't get from our usual suppliers. So I land and I can't find him anywhere. I tried checking some of his usualy haunts but no luck. Finally I find someone who knows where he is. But when I get there I found a group of heavilly armed men attacking him and this woman. I killed one of them and the rest ran off but the woman was already dead and I tried to save my contact but his wounds were two bad. As I searched through the remains of the place he was staying I found this baby half burried under the collapsed ceeling.

I knew immediately that the child has force potential and I wasn't about to leave her there for those men to find so I took the child with me to the Strike. Unfortunately as soon as I lifted off they came after me. I dont know if they knew I had the child or not. But there was a homing beacon planted on my ship because I tried losing them and I used every trick I had up my sleeve and they found me. I finally found the bugger and destroyed it and jumped into hyperspace. But not before they took out my shields and breached the hull.

Lady Vader

*LV thought for a moment*

LV: Last time I send you out for some milk and bread.

*she shook her head*

LV: Seriously though, I wonder what it was they wanted. Could it have been the child? And I don't think they'd be stupid enough to attack TSO... they'd have to be suicidal for that move. No...

*she sighed at a complete loss*

LV: A true mystery. The fight, the child under the building, the attack and escape. Obviously those bandits wanted something. The question still remains as "What?".

*LV looked back at LW, who had started to dose slightly... she gently placed a hand on her shoulder*

LV: Hey? You look like you could use about a weeks worth of sleep. Tell ya what...

*she walked over to the doctor who was finishing with the baby*

LV: The child will remain here in the med bay over night, just to make sure everything is ok with her...

*she walked back to LW*

LV: And you... normally I wouldn't be giving you orders, but in this case, I'm making an exception... you get some sleep. Don't argue with me, just do it.

*LW pouted slightly, then stiffled a yawn*

LV: Tomorrow when we're all thinking straight, we can brain storm as to the mystery baby over there.

*she gestured with her chin... and then smiled as she saw the doctor put the baby in a comfy sleeping mat covered with soft blankets... the infant fell asleep instantly... and next to the mat lay Iesis, obviously protecting the child*

LV: I think everything will be just fine.

Live Wire

*LW smiled as she saw Iesis standing guard. Sleep sounded like a good idea but she didn't want to leave the baby alone.*

Sleep does sound good. But I think I'll sleep down here. I think I should be nearby just in case. I'd really hate to leave her alone.

*LW walked over to the sleeping infant and brushed the little soft wisps of black hair away from the little face. Turning she saw LV looking at her sternly.*

Don't worry I'll get some rest. I feel like I've just gone ten rounds with a rancor.

*a nurse came over and ushered LW over to a bed*

Nurse: I think you should stay here as well Lady Wire. It seems you've lost some blood and that is why you are feeling so weak. It would be best if we kept you for observation.

*LW nodded in agreement. LV gave her a look that said "are you playing mind tricks on the staff again?" and LW just looked at her innocently*

See it is best that I stay here.

*LW sat down on one of the beds and glanced one more time at the baby*

Lady Vader

*LV was about to protest, but she thought better of it... if LW would sleep better knowing she was near the baby, so be it then*

LV: Alright. If you need anything, just call me.

*she looked once more at the sleeping baby and then at LW... I must be going crazy cause thats the same woman who had maternal instincts of a Mynock's... basically none! But now...... LV shook her head and started for the door*

*she heard Iesis stir, and turned to see the loyal cat following her... she crouched and took the large cat's face in her hands*

LV: What a good girl you are, Iesis. I know you want to come with me, but I'd much prefer it if you remained here... just for tonight. Ok?

*the panthered grred softly, licking LV's hands, and then turned and laid down where she'd been before*

*LV looked affectionately at the cat*

LV: Thank you.

*she looked up at LW and smiled*

LV: Good night. Sleep well, and don't worry another bit about your lil adventure. There'll be plenty of time for that tomorrow.

*LW smiled and yawned, a thankful look in her eyes*

*LV walked out, mulling over the recent events... she kept replaying in her mind what LW had said... the events... the attack, the contact dieing, the woman, the child, the attackers... it all made sense except for one thing... this event occured when she'd left almost a week ago, yet the child looked only about two days old... she scratched her head and yawned, having finally reached her room*

LV: Well, maybe I should just follow my own advice and call it a night. Tomorrow will be here soon enough for us to ponder these happenings.

*LV stepped into her room and closed the door*

Live Wire

*LW watched her friend leave and then flopped back on the bed. The soft ligts of the med bay cast shadows over the room and LW watched Iesis come back in. She smiled at the way the big cat had taken a liking to the baby. Iesis turned her head and looked at her as if she knew that LW was thinking about her. Silently Iesis walked over to LW and she scratched the cat affectionately on the head. Iesis licked her hand once before walking back over to the baby and laying down. LW yawned and watched Iesis's tail swish back and forth.

LW could sense LV's mind working as she walked to her room. LW's eyebrows knit together thoughtfully. Too many unanswered questions and LV was going to want all the answers. Tonight was not going to yeild anymore answers and it would do LW no good to stay awake all night speculating. With a final glance at Iesis and the baby LW closed her eyes and promptly fell asleep*

Lady DeVille

*De'Ville was taking a nap in her room. Having taken on an apprentice she was tired from the long hours spent training him. He was eager for power, and she was teaching him how to use it practically non-stop.

She rolled over, dragging the light blanket over with her body. Shivering, she woke up when a cool breeze drifted through a gap in the covers. Light poured through the tiny slit of a window in her small room. Even though she was now a council member of TSO, De'Ville had refused wealthier lodgings. She preferred it plain and simple, no fuss, no muss.

Scrubbing her hands over her face, she squinted at her chrono. Sighing, De'Ville flopped back on the hardish mattress; she had only been sleeping for half an hour.

Flipping over in the bed again, she scrunched up her pillow into a more accomodating position, and squeezed her eyes shut against the sunlight.

There was a loud knock at the door.

De'Ville pulled the covers over her head. The knock came again, more insistent. She hoped whoever it would would go away, but she could sense that it was Lady Vader, and knew it would not be that easy.*

I know you're in there! *Lady Vader called through the door* Open up!

*De'Ville mumbled through the pillow* I'm not here...go away!

*She heard a snapping sound, a slight scrabbling noise, then a hiss of hydraulics and the door swished open. Footsteps, then she was being hauled out of bed by two strong, unrelenting, and clawed hands.*

Damn...Vader I'll kill you for this! *Groggily De'Ville fumbled to her feet and reached for her shirt* I try and get two minutes of undisturbed rest and you barge in here like you own the place and I can't get any sleep anymore and I -

*Lady Vader interrupted her* We have a slight situation. Live Wire is back, and she has a baby.

*De'Ville sank back on her bed, pulling her leather pants back on.* Oh, now this I got to hear...

Lady Vader

*LV stood her ground and gave LD a brief summary of the "situation"*

LV: LW came in early last night, undoubtedly while you were locked away in one of the training rooms with your apprentice. Her ship was badly damaged and she was a bit bumped about, but otherwise fine. The baby herself is healthy and more importantly Force sensitive.

*LD held up a hand as she fumbled for her brush*

LD: How did LW come to be in the posetion of the baby?

*LV watched LD brush her hair rapidly and explained*

LV: She arrived at Varonat to meet with her contact. It should have taken her no more than a few minutes to locate him at the rondevous point. But he didn't show, so she searched, finally finding him being beaten up by some thugs. She mentioned a woman being in the room, already dead. She fended off the attackers, killing one, and making the others run.

*LV stopped for a breath and shook her head slightly*

LV: Her contact died shortly thereafter. In the rubble of the building she found the infant, brought her to her ship, and took off. In orbit she was attacked again by the same bandits, who managed to kill her shield generator and breach the hull on the cargo deck.

*LV sighed*

LV: Then last night, almost a week later, she comes back home.

*LD was silent, having finished dressing and getting ready*

LD: So now we have a mystery as to who those bandits were and who this baby is?

*LV nodded*

LV: Now, we have a mystery to solve.

Lady DeVille

*She tossed her brush on the bed, and shook the last remnants of sleep from her body.* Who was her contact, and who was the woman? These are the first questions I would ask Live Wire...

*They walked out of her room, and De'Ville frowned at the control panel to her door. It was snapped open and the wires were crossed. Lady Vader shrugged slightly, and De'Ville touched her saber hilt threateningly. Vader grinned.

They walked quickly to the med bay where they could hear the baby screaming from down the hall.*

Live Wire

*LW sat in the med bay holding the baby and yelling at the medic on duty. She hadn't seen what he did but the poor baby couldn't be consoled. Iesis sat scowling at the medic and swishing her tail angrilly.*

Medic: I'm sorry Mistres Wire I was just instructed to give her a routine checkup and a vaccination.

LW: I don't care what you were instructed to do! Whatever you did clearly upset her and I don't want you coming near her again! Am I clear??

Medic: Yes ma'am.

*LW watched him scurry away, eager to get away from the angry sith lordess and Iesis. LW rocked the baby gently and talked to her through the force. The baby began to quiet down and LW looked up as LD and LV came in*

Morning.

Lady DeVille

*De'Ville walked up to Live Wire and poked the baby lightly with her index finger.* Oh, I thought maybe this was a figment of Vader's imagination, but I guess her story was true after all.

*She stifles a yawn, and looked at Live Wire quizzically.* The Lady Vader was a little fuzzy on the details...what planet were you on? And who was this contact, and what were you contacting him about?

*She sat on a bed, and slowly inched her way to a semi-laying down position as the other two Sith talked.*

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast