Thread: A daughter's plea...PART I (closed RP)

Death Knight Soth

A daughter's plea...PART I (closed RP)

Monique Baventor was the stunning young daughter of Colekon Baventor, Vice-Roy and Chancellor of Kellowpus. Monique was a student of the force and had exhibited remarkable skills at a very early age.
    She set quietly by a window anxiously awaiting her father's arrival from the garrison Kayoc, fifty kilometers from the capital of Kellowpus. Her hands rolled nervously over one another as she tried to remember the exact words the Dark messenger had told her the night before. The messenger had made it painfully clear, that if her father would not stand down on his proposal of a merger that was to take place the next day between I.S.T. (Internal Strategic Technologies) and themselves, which in turn would directly align them with the Republic, impending doom was sure to come. Changing jurisdiction over this sector was critical, seeing that the out lying regions where scattered with secured warehouses that prided themselves on manufacturing technical components and parts that where used in some of the most recent advancements of secret prototype starships and bulk cruisers. Trading with other rem-systems was common. Even the Correlian company had stock in the I.S.T., a resource that hadn't gone unnoticed!

Monique's encounter left her on edge. There was something deadly...something unsettling about the Dark messenger that pierced her. His word's of warning were cold and lethal. Oddly, Monique couldn't help but to think how polite his mannerisms were. Her room was strangely filled with a scent of roses, even long after he was gone, perhaps a subtle reminder. There was an air about him, she knew he was a force wielder, but to what extent eluded her. She could not make out what he looked like eater, he spoke to her from the shadows of her room in some strange accent unknown to her. She couldn't think of how the shadowy figure gained access to her heavily guarded home, but didn't give it much thought.

"Monique, what is it, I received your message, what's so urgent?" came Chancellor Baventor as he walked through the doorway into the parlor, breaking her train of thought.

"Daddy, you made it, there's something I have to tell you. I'm worried for you.
    Monique replayed as she ran to her father throwing her arm's around him and bearing her head into his chest.

"There was a strange man who came last night, and he said..." Monique's words came out in a jumble.

"Slow down, it's okay..." replayed Colekon as he pulled his daughter back from himself to look onto her eye's. She was crying, and almost on the verge of break down.

"Honey, honey, your trembling, come over here and set down and tell what troubling you." After a few moment's, Chancellor Baventor calmed his daughter down, and she recounted the almost cryptic warning's of the messenger the night before. After she finished her father gave her a whimsical look.

"Now, now, it'll be just fine, you'll be safe. This is just a scar tactic that obviously someone has planted to break confidence in our decision making." Monique slowly looked up to her father through teary eye's.

"You don't get it, do you daddy? We both knew this day would come. I could feel it, the force told me you were in great danger, but you never would listen to me! You said it was all in my head, and that the Force was admirable and all, but it wasn't like good 'ole common sense. You didn't believe me then and you don't believe me now! This is not something you can just explain away this time! I'm not your young little naive girl anymore. After Mom died, you have been so wrapped up in your work, and..." Monique's word's fell on deaf ear's. The Vice-Roy stood up, then creased his daughter's cheek with the back of his hand.

"I love you, but, we both know that in my line of work there is a certain element of danger, like in all thing's. I assure you honey, this is just a ploy," came Colekon as he bent down and kissed Monique on the forehead, then turned to leave.

"I have to go, you understand. I'll be back home soon and we'll talk. And all of this won't even matter when I get back, you'll see. Colekon finishing his sentence in a reassuring way.

"He said that that you and your men's smoke would blow on the wind tomorrow" came Monique in a softy, barley choking back the tears, fighting for the possession of her voice. The Chancellor stopped in his tracks and turned to his daughter.

"Humm, we shall see. Don't worry yourself feather with these lies." He smiled, then was gone.

Monique walked to the window and watched her father's shuttle whisk him away to Kayoc. She placed her hands to the window, then to her face. She cried uncontrollably, bitter tears of anguish fell to the floor. The cold warning of the Dark one made her shake as she collapsed to the floor, knowing all to well that this was the last time she would see her father again!

Death Knight Soth

<font size=3><font color=yellow>[c]PART TWO</font></font>[/c]

A smooth ballad played in Soth's mind, the kind that takes one to another place, another time. He could feel the cool wind blow through his long bluish black hair like gentle fingers caressing him. The oak's canape swayed with it's touch, and a fragrance filled the air, that mingled with the scent of black rose's. The moon light cast the landscape in an erie white setting as the moon bathed the green hues into a bluish tinge.

Soth was not alone as he stood there like a commander of old, stoic and unmoving was his demeanor. The Death Knight could hear the noise of a great multitude moving behind him, slowly, methodically, but surely. They emerged from the shadowy recedes of the forest. The smell of death was all about, near. Their once shinny armor was now blackened and soiled from wars past their eye's blazing a hot red hue from beneath there sooty helms. Armor and weapon's whispered with the wind, and the ground seemed to slightly tremble as the hoard of minion moved to rank behind there general of the Black Rose. The bluish grass under their feet withered and died at that very moment, on the area of ground on witch they stood! Faithful in death as they had been in life so long ago.

A figure came fourth from the rank's to stand next to the Death Knight. Captain Thayin, prized by Soth, was a most loathsome, vile being of the Black Rose order. Loyal to Soth from the time when the order was young. His superior tactic's and cunning for battle were genus, not to mention his ruthless and unmerciful candor on his foe's. It gave a new meaning to horror and vengeance. His very sight cast fear into those who looked upon him. His gaunt skeletal form gave him a mummified appearance, reeking with a stench death. His lower jaw was missing beneath it's helm, it lent to his gruesome sight.

"We await your command my lord. The men are assembled at your signal to strike" came Thayin in a cold hollow voice as he handed Soth his helm.

"Well done captain, take no prisoners, destroy them all and take the spoils back to the Coven. There they will fill the coffers of my master!" came Soth in a ferm voice as he placed on his helm. "If there Viceroy will not bend to the regional jurisdiction, so be it!" Soth's armored talon gloves glowed in sync with his eye's that flashed a crimson red, peaking to a brilliant red. Soth knew all too well that he could have opted to pummel the garrison of kayoc from the stratosphere with his masters cruisers, but that would be too simple. The Deathknight wanted to send a cold clear message that struck at the heart. After all, fear was a powerful motivater and indeed a tool Soth had used effectively in times past. It would force the diplomatic consort of this sector to comply to negotiate terms that would insure results. Procrastination was out of the question, now they would pay dearly for their indecisiveness.

Soth closed his eyes and took in the fresh air deeply once more. He raised his arms, his glowing fist clinched, hesitated, then dropped. Signaling his legion of troops to strike. After long moments the dark knight lowered his head and opened his eyes to see the withered path that lead to the ill fated garrison, cutting a path to kayoc, beyond the horizon a mile or so away. A reminder to those who would find the fortress in ruins on the morrow. Unmistakably by its signature path that lead from the forest hills killing all in its wake.

Seven Noghri now stood about the Death Knight in a unified way. It was a precautionary measure that Soth's master Saurron insisted upon after Crichton's recent assaults on the Coven.

The ballad continued to play in the death knights head, like a symphony that conjured pictures of victory and the dark beauty of it. Then all fell silent, the attack was swift and precise. Plumes of black smoke were carried on the wind that choked out the fragrant air as Kayoc burned. The horizon line glowed like an amber stain against the black back drop of the sky. The glowing fire reflected in Soth's eyes as a certain satisfaction crossed his face. Much like that of when after the music fades and dies, but still it lingers on the cool wind that blows to time.