Thread: Warden (Closed)

Vega Van Derveld

Warden (Closed)

OOC: Continued from here.

IC:

“The primary planet in the Tatoo system, this desert world is located in the Arkanis Sector of the Outer Rim Territories near Piroket and Ryloth, some 43,000 light-years from the galactic core. It is close enough to a major hyperspace nexus to make it easy to get to such worlds as Coruscant and Corellia, but its environment makes it one of the most inhosptiable places in the galaxy. The planet's twin suns mercilessly heat the planet, keeping the sodium-rich deserts alive. The planet has a single, natural satellite. Several decades before the Battle of Yavin, settlers arrived to colonize this first world in what was then called the J11.9 system. They coined the name Tatooine from the Jawa name for the planet, Tah doo Een e. The settlers established strongholds on the planet, and many smugglers and criminals have set up operational bases in its wastelands. The settlers there are primarily moisture farmers, extracting what little water they can from the atmosphere for survival. Its location on the galactic fringes makes it a perfect base for smugglers, mercenaries, and bounty hunters. The planet, despite its hostile ecology, supports human life was well as the native races of Jawas, krayt dragons, and Tusken Raiders.”

The computer system of the El Andvari ran off the programmed data on the planet Tatooine. Frankly, Tatooine was one of those planets that you avoided going to if at all possible, and if you did have to go, you didn’t stay for long. Although, truth be told, Vega was looking forward to sampling a Tatooine Sunburn, most of the other local cultures didn’t interest him at all. Yes, it was the place where his brother Ket was born, but other than that, it held little sentimental value. He had only stayed for a weeks as a child here, and wasn’t persuaded then to come back. No TBM ran out here, so the only means of news passage was from pilot to pilot. Thus so, Vega doubted anyone on the planet knew of the arrival of the two Sith.

Ziek Vega said in a commanding tone, you will be in command of the Andvari until I return. See to it that if I do not return within 2 days you head back to Helios and remain in orbit there, guarding the area.

“Yes, sir.”

Ready the Fenix, Gitane and I will be departing as soon as it is possible.

“Yes, sir.”

One last thing, do not under any circumstances contact me whilst I’m on Tatooine.

“Very well, sir. Goodluck in your journey.”

Luck, my friend, does not come into it.

[c] ***[/c]

The blue flares calmed themselves as the Praetor Fenix lowered itself down into docking bay 21 of the Mos Eisley space port. Even from inside the TIE Phantom you could hear the hustle outside as droids, humans and hundreds of other species passed to and fro on journeys.

The hiss of air entering the cabin let Vega know that the droids of the port had arrived. He rose from his seat, making his way to the exit hatch. The smell of the port sudden rushed into his lungs, causing him to hack out a heavy breath.

We’re.. he coughed in mid sentence ...here.

Gitane Blesse

--Gitane stumbled out rather stiffly. No wonder she disliked flying... She looked around, stretching her arms over her head. A light sigh escaped her throat as she stomped her foot slightly, attempting to regain feeling in it. As Vega started walking in anothr direction she looked up, quickly catching up to his side.--

"Where exactly are we going?"

Vega Van Derveld

We're going to find this ship of mine..

Stopping in mid step, he turned around to see Gitane wheezing as she wafted some smoke to try and clear her view. Shaking his head he turned back around and continued to walk, heading out of the landing area.

Walking at a slow pace, Vega took in the sights of the port. It was only his second time here, and he couldn't really remember his first trip. Trandoshan bounty hunters, Dug card shards, there were many many races here, but they all shared one thing in common. Illegal business. Vega wouldn't be getting involved in any of it though, unless of course it involved the bloody murder of innocents.

Come on, Gitane he called over his shoulder, We have to find this ship.

After a short walk they found themselves out in the blistering heat of Tatooines suns. Vega scanned the area before turning to see if Gitane was still with him.

Gitane Blesse

--A sickly sizzle was heard as Gitane let the green blade of her saber disappear into its metal hilt. The slightly smoldering corpse of a man crumpled to the ground, a repugnant grin frozen on the lifeless face. Gitane gave a low growl, glancing at the new tear in her sleeve, sending a hateful kick against the corpse before rushing back over to Vega's side. She glanced up after tearing away the most part of her already tattered sleeves, letting them drop to the ground, and noticed the almost confused look in his eyes.

"Bit of trouble with a worm..."

She shuddered slightly in disgust, her steps moving closer to Vega's as they walked on. Her feet paused midstep as she saw him freeze in his tracks, staring forward.--

"Vega..?

Vega Van Derveld

I was just waiting for you to catch up...

3 Jawas in a speeder almost crashed into him but swerved to the side just time with a gaggle of crazed laughs. The Sith rasped a low growl at them through his teeth before turning, with a slightly annoyed look on his face, to Gitane.

Have you ever been to Mos Eisley before?

"No, sorry. Why?"

Just wondering if you knew your way around, that's all. This place is pretty much like Mos Espa, so if you've been there...

She shook her head. With a quiet laugh Vega shrugged his shoulders. He then gestured with one hand for her to follow him as he headed towards a rather prominant building to the south.

[c] ***[/c]

The two Sith stepped in from the heat to the foyer of what seemed like a bureau of state. Although the chances of it actually being a bureau or any sort of official building were slim out here on Tatooine, plus of course the additive that Mos Eisley itself isn't excactly the most law-abiding area.

Stepping up to the counter with a blank, yet serious expression on his face, he greeted the shifty looking attendant before beginning to explain.

I've come to collect a ship. I was sent a holo-message a day ago about a YT-1300 of mine being here.

Gitane stood onto her toes, looking over Vegas shoulder as the counter-tender drummed in a few variables on a panel infront of him.

"Ah, Mr Van-Derveld?" said the man with a lisp, receiving a nod in return from Vega, "Do you have any proof of being whom your claim to be.. any ID?"

You don't need to see any identification. I can have the ship now.

A few of the others waiting to be served looked curiously as Vega spoke, waiting to see the reaction of the attendant.

"I don't need to see any identification. You can have the ship now."

With that, the attendant turned and began to walk off towards a door which lead into what was possibly the buildings docking bay. Vega and Gitane followed, Vegas face creased with a little smile.

Gitane Blesse

--Gitane turned in a small circle as she looked around, her step faltering as she stumbled over a strip of metal. She whispered a soft curse as she regained her balance. Her hand reached out and lightly hooked onto Vega's arm, giving her a chance to match his pace. She bit her lip, her head tilting to the side.--

"If I might ask...Why is your ship on this planet?"

Vega Van Derveld

The party of 3 entered what was indeed a docking bay. The bay, however, was not as busy as those at the main space port, and housed only a few ships and speeders. Immeadiately his eye was caught by the ship he was here to collect. A YT-1300. Quite a common ship.

I have no idea he whispered to Gitane, I don't even think it's my ship.

The stodgy attendant held up a datapad to his eyes, squinting to read the information about the ship.

"It says here... This is the YT-1300 belonginning to a Mr D. Van-Derveld. Found on the outskirts of Tattooine, it was located first by Jawas and.."

Vega didn't really care about the ships past, the mention of a "D. Van-Derveld" was enough information for him. It was his fathers. Rubbing his temple with one hand, he shook his head, groaning a little.

"...Er.. how do you pronounce this...er.." said the man, stumbling over how to say the name of the ship.

The Brigandier said Vega, a sense of sadness in his voice.

Gitane Blesse

--Gitane looked curiously at Vega, her hand lightly touching his shoulder.

"What is it..?"

Her eyes glint with concern at the sad look on his face. what was it about this ship...?--

Vega Van Derveld

He threw his hand up in the air, taking a few steps forward towards the ship.

The masterpiece that is the Brigandier! Behold it in all its might!

He spun violently on his heel, a deep look of hurt and hatred in his eyes

That's what he used to say. Praise the ship. This damned he hissed the word loudly, ship has brought me nothing but

The attendant shuffled his feet nervously, clearing his throat.

"I'll just let you take this now Mr. Van-De-"

He caught one sight of the Knights glare and left hurridly. Vega uttered a throaty growl whilst looking up at the rusting ship.

Gitane Blesse

--Gitane opened her mouth to speak, quickly deciding against it. She stood where she was, watching Vega in deep concern as he stared angrily up at the ship. She slowly walked over beside him, resting a gentle hand on his arm as she stared up at him.--

"What happened..?"

Vega Van Derveld

This is the property of my father, not me... I grew up on this piece of junk. It holds memories of mine.. so many..

He had to admit to himself that he had sentimental value placed on the ship, even if he loathed the one who used to own it. He remembered showing Kaine around the ship as a child, travelling around the galaxies, playing with Torko... so many things had happened on and around the Brigandier.

Gitane Blesse

--Her eyes softened as she looked at Vega, then up at the ship. She chewed her lip lightly, thinking of what to say. She'd nenver held anything closely, so she couldn't imagine his thoughts at the moment.--

"...What are you going to do with it?"

Vega Van Derveld

Keep it held away somewhere, I suppose. Possibly use it on occasion.. Although I have no real use for it.

Stepping up to the ship he give a light rap on the metal, looking up at it with scanning eyes which ran over its exterior.

Gitane Blesse

--Her head nodded absently, as she gazed up at the ship. She remained standing at a distance, her thoughts drifting slightly through her mind.--

Vega Van Derveld

Have it if you want. As I recall, you mentioned that you yourself have no ship. If you can put good use to it, you may take it..

One hand running across the sleek surface, he gave a brief absent nod to himself.

Gitane Blesse

"Really..?"

--She stared at him in near-disbelief, finding herself speechless.--

Vega Van Derveld

Sure..

He turned back to face her, shrugging lightly as he noticed for a second the attendant peering in.

Gitane Blesse

--Before she had the chance to thank him, she turned around to meet what he seemed to be nearly staring at.--

Vega Van Derveld

"Sir, I er, I don't suppose you're ready to leave? Only you seem to be... er..."

The man was hesitating all too much. It irriated Vega greatly.

"... scaring the customers." he said in an almost whisper, trying not to let Vega hear.

Fine then. Gitane, you want to pilot this thing? he said, being replied to by a light nod, Alright. Miss Blesse will be piloting the ship out for me. I'll head back out over to my ship and meet you back at Helios, alright?

Gitane Blesse

--Gitane again nodded and stepped toward the ship. An almost childish laugh escaped her throat as she flicked her fingers in the air, a small piece of gravel hitting against the back of the attendent's head as he hurried off.--

"Back at Helios.."