Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: One of the five (closed)

Vega Van Derveld

:: Vega hopped up from the bed, canting his head to the side as he once again straightened his robes.

Of course I'm coming, Mrs. DarSha`an.

Following her out, the two departed for their next destination. ::

Darth Syren

*Making their way from the hotel, the bright sunlight shines down from high above.*

"It's a little after noon here. We have plenty of time to make our way to the databases. Come on, I know where we can, steal...er, um, I mean...borrow, some landspeeders."

*Syren smiles to Vega as they walk down the slideways. Once they are about 12 blocks north of the hotel, they hop off the slideway and make their way by foot northwest; heading towards the seedier side of town.*

*Vega pauses as his senses alert him to the fact they are once again being followed. He takes Syren gently, yet firmly, by her upper left arm and guides her into a small crevice, motioning with his finger to her lips to be quiet.*

*Syren nods as she looks to Vega. She slows her breathing and reaches out with the force, touching Vega's mind and showing him what it is she sees and feels. Two groups of men, five in each group. Scattering around and taking strategic cover as they follow Vega and Syren. Easing her mind from his, she motions with a finger, down below them. Vega glances down and sees a manhole cover.*

*Syren moves along the wall further into the crevice, allowing Vega room to lift the cover so they can slip in there unnoticed; seeing as to how they are now surrounded above ground.*

Vega Van Derveld

:: A sewer. They had dropped into a stench filled, dank and completely pitch black sewer. Vega could hear his and Syrens breathing echoing back and forth across the pipeline. It wasn't the only noise.

Ever get the feeling you're not alone?
    "No."
    This is one of those times when a sixth sense pays off..

The two slowly began to walk through the clamy tube, unsure of where they were going or what they were stepping in. Vega traced his palm along the slimey wall to his right, making sure that he wouldn't fall down any sudden drops, or that if there was some sort of ladder, he would find it. ::

Darth Syren

* Syren follows along the wall with Vega. Unable to see their hands in front of their faces, Syren uses the force to help guide them through the underground sewer system. Picking up on Vega's thoughts, she shudders at the thought of what they are actually stepping in.*

*Hitting her ankle on something as she steps forward, she stops her advance and calls out to Vega.*

"I think I've bumped into a ladder or something."

*She reaches out and grabs his arm, leading him to her*

Vega Van Derveld

:: Vega jumped up onto the ladder, climbing it quickly until *thud*, his head hit something. He traced his fingers across the roof to see what was there, and found, after some time, the outline of a circle. Slowly he began to push away the cover until shots of light streamed into the sewer.

Manhole. We getting out or isn't this our stop?

Vega lifted himself out of the hole a bit, enough to see around. It was pretty quiet really. Not much around in the way of ... anything. He ducked back down, looking quizically at Syren. ::

Darth Syren

*Syren pushes aside the dull pain in her ankle and started up after Vega.*

"What? Whats up there?"

Vega Van Derveld

:: Hefting himself fully out of the manhole Vega took a scanning look of the area. It didn't look all too dangerous. Only a few locals around. Mostly modern buildings, tall ones.

It's another back alley, leading out into what seems to be an industrial area..

Glancing back down he awaited her answer. ::

Darth Syren

*Syren climbs the rest of the way out, dusting off her hands and pants as she looks around.*

"Hmm. We must near the main city. Let's see about getting in with a crowd. I need to get my bearings again before we move on off towards the databases."

Vega Van Derveld

:: Vega removed his daggers from his robes, slipping them down onto holsters at his boots. With a small jump he was out of the manhole. He folded his robes and slipped them under his arm, now wearing a black tank top and loose fitting black cotton trousers, with of course his combat boots.

Don't want to look too suspcious.

Nodding to Syren he walked out of the alley casually, stepping into the thick crowd. ::

Darth Syren

*Syren kept her cloak on, but raised her gloved hands and lowered the hood. It wasn't uncommon for the ladies to be seen in cloaks around the main city. Syren glanced around a few moments, her memories of her home planet coming back to her piece by piece.*

"Alright, the townhall is to our left, a few blocks over. We want to go that way," *she motions with her hand to their left.* "The old library is over there, about a mile or so away. That's where the old databanks are."

*Syren slips her arm into Vega's and they head off towards the old library, casually blending into the crowd, posing as a newlywed couple.*

*Had either of them looked a bit more closely at those in the crowd around them, they would have noticed a few wary eyes watching them closely.*

Vega Van Derveld

:: The two walked through the busy crowd. They weren't being avoided, it was just that the 'brown in motion' was causing everyone in their path to... step out of the way. Or at least that would be the logical theory. However the sight of such beings as a muscular Sith Knight towering above all and a beautiful yet fear striking Sith Warrior pacing towards you probably would cause you to move to the side. ::

A mile. Not too far. Tell me again, what data do we need?

Darth Syren

<font color="cd7f32">[i]
    Syren gives Vega a flirty smile, as she points to a speeder bike parked outside of headquarters of Corsec.
    </font>

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123