Thread: And so the Jedi stood....(open challenge)

Sage Hazzard

And so the Jedi stood....(open challenge)

::

And so the Jedi stood, alone and ready. Ready he was for a battle, a battle between himself and the Dark. The scales of the Force had been tipped in the Darknesses favor, for the alure was great. However, with the beacon of peace and justice the candle was always lit.

He unsheethed his lightsabre hilt. He pressed the crimson button as he held it in front of his eyes. The blue glow shined into reality and his eyes reflected the crystal's glow. He put the sword back to his side, still ignited and ready. He paced the battleground, his senses open, ready. Fear was something he had long ago tossed away. This fact was valuble for a lesser man would crumble under this enviorment. Waiting for a Sith to come and attempt to spill your blood. A more horrid thought he could not fathom. He paced, ready, ready for the fight to begin.

:

Rain13

*The dual snap-hiss sound of her lightsaber behind him alerted Sage to her presence. And as he turned around he was met in the face with a strong kick that sent him stumbling back slightly. As Sage regained his balance, he saw who had attacked him. A young looking girl with eyes as pale as the skin of someone who had been dead for hours stood facing him, Darkness surrounding her and the glow from her double bladed saber illuminating her skin. Rain grinned wickedly as several rocks near her feet raised and were suddenly hurled at the Jedi.*

Sage Hazzard

OOC:By the way, just though you'd like to know, I heard somewhere that Lightsabre's don't illuminate anything. That the glow is the only light and it lights up nothing. I read that on some Star Wars site. It's because the Lightsabre is a laser not a lightsource. Just thought you'd like to know.

IC:The sweat started to pour from the Jedi's brow as he looked at the thrown rocks. His eyes shapened on each of them as he skilfully sliced each one. They fell to the ground after being sliced by pressure from the Force derived from Sage's will. He smiled at Rain as he finished, letting her know his skills were not to be reckoned with.

He ran at her full force. As he closened in on her he leaped in the air. As he landed right before her he fell to the ground on his back. As one side of the sabre swung down on him he blocked it with his single blade. As the sabre swung back up and the other swung down Sage kicked the Sith with his left leg in her right knee. As she bent over slightly from the pressure the force behind the swing lost velocity. Sage batted it away easily. With the threat of the swing gone for the moment Sage kicked Rain in the stomach with both legs. As she bent over even more Sage rolled to his left, barely missing another swing. Sage stopped his roll and kicked Rain in the right leg with his right leg. As she was off balance Sage stood up.

Sage dusted off his clothes and got into postition. He waited for the Sith's next move::

Rain13

*Rain quickly caught her balance. A look of amusement mixed with hatred appeared on her face. It had been some time since she had fought someone that could even be considered a challenge. She readied her saber in both hands before charging at Sage. She brought one of the blades of her saber at him in a low attack aimed for his left thigh. The Jedi Knight easily blocked the simple attack with his lightsaber, the blades crackling as they met. Rain pushed towards him with more of her weight, causing Sage to keep his block in place as she hooked her right foot behind his left foot. With a quick movement, she pulled her foot forward, tripping the Jedi as she sliced into his right side with her saber as he lost his balance, creating a shallow wound.*

Sage Hazzard

::Ignoring the wound for the moment Sage turns onto his chest as he falls. He throws his sabre into the air so his hands are free to cussion his fall. The blade had gone through his side clean, like a Lightsabre should, so the swing continued with the same force. Sage kicked out his right leg and caught the Sith on the right ankle. As she was bending over slightly to keep her balance Sage went into a forward roll. He first pushes up with his hands into a partial handplant, he catches Rain on the chin. As Rain falls back Sage goes into his roll. He comes out of the roll just in time to catch his sabre.

He felt of his side and his teeth clenched. The blood was minimal for the heat from the blade had closed the wound. He used the Force to block out his pain receptors, giving him the will to continue fighting. He looked on as the Sith had easily gained her balance and looked on at him. His sabre buzzed in front of him as he held it in postition::

Rain13

*Rain rubbed her jaw slightly, keeping her eyes locked on Sage, the Darkside flowing through her as her hate towards him was building quickly. She pushed a few stray hairs out of her face and then returned her hand to her saber. She quickly ran at Sage again, but this time she used a force enhanced flip, landed behind him, and hit the back of his knees with two quick kicks. As the Jedi’s footing faltered slightly she brought her saber across his back and then quickly kicked him again where she had just made the wound with her saber, forcing Sage to the ground.*

ooc: sorry it took me so long to reply, I've had some RL stuff to deal with.

Sage Hazzard

The thin skin apon Sage's back has been shallowly cut. His back hurt, but luck for him the blade did not pass through his spinal cord or touch it at all. As Sage layed on the ground Rain was still in close proximity to him.

Sage felt the Force around him. It was always there, waiting for him to accept it's guidance. Sage used this ever existing Force to pull at Rain's ankles from behind. As she fell face first, unable to stop herself without manual use of her arms Sage kicked her in the face with the heel of his right foot. Rain's neck cocked back as she fell, the muscles in her neck did not respond well to this damage. She could barely gather the inner strength to move her head left and right, he neck sore as she turned her neck. No unhealable damage was done but the pain kept her from wanting to swivel her head. The pain she felt as she did summoned a reflex to stop the turn and return to looking ahead.

Sage layed down still. He was exausted, he needed to rest. He would lay her for a moment, Rain was in no condition to retaliate at this time

OOC:That's fine.

Since you have been gone things have occured with me. I am going through trials now at GJO to become a Master. Please keep in mind while writing attacks that at the time of this battle I am looked apon as worthy for Masterhood among my peers enough to be granted the right to go through these trials. Thank you.

Rain13

*Rain focused on the Darkside and the pain in her neck as she had been taught to. She winced as she once again tried to move her head, the pain shot through her neck. She cringed and decided it was better to not attempt moving her head again so as not to cause more injury than there already was.
    A few minutes went by, Rain figured her opponent was already waiting for her. She held her saber in one hand and grabbed a dagger from her side before slowly standing back up. She called upon the Darkside for strength again, her anger and hatred empowering her. She stood, watching Sage as he finally got up as well. He was rested, and the injuries she had given him weren’t as disabling as the one he had dealt her. Hatred flowed through her like a river, and she raised a hand towards Sage and pointed her dagger at him. Dark energy flowed through her and hit Sage with a powerful force blast.*

Sage Hazzard

The Force was a curious thing. The Dark Side was even more so. You could deal a Darksider pain for hours and he/she would only get stronger, drawing apon that pain to strengthen their power. Sage could see why the Dark Side was so sought after, as apposed to the Light. The power came easy, everyone had pain and anger, why not use it? But when one could master the Light, master control, he was more powerful then any Dark follower. The odd thing was no Jedi wanted power. A curious thing this Force.

Sage was laying on his back now. The blast was strong, some of his skin sizzled. He still held his Lightsabre but it was no good at this distance, just out of reach from the Woman's body. A Dark follower could summon the Darkside and manipulate the energy field into a visible power. The result was... damaging to say the least. But Sage had a few tricks up his sleeze, he was far from helpless.

The Jedi reached out with his mind. He felt the Force, it was always there, waiting for him to speak to it. He asked it nicely, as if it was a person, to kindly push the Knight from the front. It did as it was asked with a unspoken "your welcome". She flew off he feet, flying backwards. Sage asked the Force for another favor, it did as it was asked. The woman's arms were pulled forward with enough force to alter her body angle. Her face went forward and her legs went back. When she finally hit the ground she landed on her chin.

Sage slowly got up. "Thank you" he said without words to the Force, "your welcome Jedi Hazzard" it replied. The Jedi smiled.

Rain13

*Rain slowly picked herself off the ground and glared at Sage, blood dripping from the side of her mouth. She gripped her dagger tightly in her left hand while clipping her saber back onto her belt. This Jedi had quite an ego, and now with dagger in hand, she intended to pop it. She threw her dagger at him with force-enhanced speed and as it neared, she created the deadly illusion that the dagger split off into five different ones. As Sage stood ready to defend himself from the daggers, she moved towards him, keeping the illusion strong and the location of the real dagger hidden.
    The daggers started to swirl around Sage, each one only a blur as it went by. As Rain crept closer, she kept Sage busy with the illusion, drawing strength from the Darkside. Suddenly the five daggers seemed to split off into 10. And with one quick movement, Rain sprang forward, grabbing the real dagger and jamming it into the chest of the slightly confused Jedi. She pulled back quickly, leaving a long cut. She smiled wickedly and then side kicked him in the chest, again using the force to increase the strength, and sent him flying back.*

Sage Hazzard

OOC:I'm assuming you still have the dagger and it didn't get lodged in my chest cavity. Tell me if this isn't so and I'll edit this post.

IC:

As Sage flew backwards he looked at the Sith. She had a moment of weakness as she just using much of her energy with that illusion. Sage would have to use this to his advantage if he hoped to survive. He pushed her forward with the Force, she went stumbling. The Jedi stopped his backwards flight through aid of the Force. The Sith could not stop this for Sage was a bit more fresh, while the Sith had used a lot of her energy with large and complicated attacks. Sage hits the ground like a stone on his back. The woman smashed into a wall right infront of Sage's legs, a Force wall. As the girl cupped her mouth, moving her weapons out of the way, Sage kicked her in the right shin. As she bent over from the pain, mainly as reflex, Sage hit her on the chin with the Force, like a concentrated push. It was the strength of a uppercut and sent her back onto her back, onto the floor.

Sage examined his chest. Oh no, this would not do. He made a mental note to take a day in the bacta tank when he arrived home.

OOC:If you wanted to end this fight we could call in some judges if you like. It seems it's getting a little long, and it's losing my interest. Got no problem continuing if you do.

Rain13

*Rain lay on the ground, unmoving, Darkness flowed from her still. She suddenly sat up, her eyes glistening, full of rage. She slowly got up, pain surged through her body.*

ooc: we can call in judges...it doesn't bother me.

Sage Hazzard

OOC:Okay, call in whoever you'd like. I'll get mine shortly.

Marc Xavier

This string gonna get judged anytime soon?

Sage Hazzard

OOC:

Since I don't know you, want to be my judge? It'll be more bias, and I'd rather someone who wasn't favored by me being their friend.