Thread: *Looking For Prey*

Angel Smith

*Looking For Prey*

*Angel steps onto the battleground with her saber ignited. She was in the mood for a killing today. In order to kill she would need to go looking for prey. Although Angel prefered that her prey come to her, but most prey today seemed unactive. She would have to search herself. She lifted her head high and began to look around the battleground, still she found nothing. Her silence didn't help much she thought*

"Alright, I know you're out there Jedi, c'mon! I want a fight, which one of you is brave enough to challenge the likes of me?"

Live Wire

*LW lurks in the shadows watching her apprentice*

Angel Smith

*Angel begins to pace back and forth. She wondered where all the Jedi had gone. She had been standing on the battleground for several minutes now, and still no Jedi. She stops pacing and looks around once more before sighing*

"Where is a lightsider when you need one"

*she goes back to pacing again, being careful to watch for any sudden movements*

Dalethria Mal Pannis

Dalethria sat on a large boulder and was sharpening her knife, "Such are the way of things around here unfortunately."

Jubei SaDherat Vader

Jubei: Your feelings betray you. I am that in which you seek, yes?

(Angel turns to see a man in white robes approaching. His hands are clasped together in front of him in a sign of greeting. As Jubei approaches, he notices Angel's aggressive demeanor, and impatient attitude. The strong feelings radiate from the lightsaber-wielding person.)

Jubei: You seek destruction so dilligently? Is it not ironic that you waste your energy in the pursuit of wasting life?

Dalethria Mal Pannis

She remembers that voice and narrows her eyes. Ah yes, the monk that took a liking to her wolf. Dalethria continued to sharpen her blade and watch silently since it wasn't her place to get involved.

Angel Smith

"I waste none of my energy. I feed off of energy. My energy gives me power. I like not to waste my energy. I have wasted my energy on waiting. When I wait, I can do nothing. Wasting one's life involves a process of taking action, use of energy. Waiting uses no energy"

*Angel studies the man*

"Very calm you are, I expected such. Now that you are here, time can proceed, and I can begin to use my energy instead of wasting it"

Jubei SaDherat Vader

(Jubei smiled knowingly)

Jubei: But you are a slave to your ways. You feed off energy only so that you may be powerful enough to do it again when you feel weak. I see animals do that in which you give praise, and they afford it far more grace.

(Jubei's eyes looked questioningly at Angel)

Jubei: Why is it then that you intend to hurt others, besides the abstract? I have heard many excuses before which were passed off as reasons. Violence is one's own inability to confront the heart of a conflict. You stand before me now, why? To fight me? You do not know me. You only have assumptions to guide you, and you let them send you upon this path so recklessly.

Angel Smith

"True, I do not know you, but you represent what is good. You are different then I. You help those in need. You do your best to seek peace and justice, trying to stop those who don't seek such things. Peace and justice is but for a fake world, you represent just that. You are weak because you will help those in need. If one were about to slip, you would reach out and grab his hand, would you not? How are you not so sure that when one reaches for your hand that you won't slip? How are you so sure that they won't make you fall and you fall all because you made the mistake of trying to help? I could be such a person."

*Angel flips forward landing in front of Jubei*

Jubei SaDherat Vader

(Jubei places his hands at his sides)

Jubei: That possibility will never deter me from what I do. I took on the life of a guardian when I was young. It was of my choice, and what I believe means something to me. You may be callous with life and balance, and be willing to throw them away, but this is a selfish attitude. In the end, the blood you shed will be your own. Violence is nobody's savior.

(Jubei looks into Angel's eyes)

Jubei: It does not have to be this way.

Angel Smith

"You're right, you have the choice of walking away but I will not. However, if you choose to walk away, I'll just take my anger and hate out on some other Jedi. So, what shall it be..."

*she swings her saber, inches apart from Jubei's face*

"Jedi...?"

Jubei SaDherat Vader

(Jubei arches his back gracefully as he works his right hand underneath Angel's arcing attack. Jubei clamps his hand across the leading arm's wrist, and squeezes, pressing his thumb against the cluster of blood vessels and nerves that run into that hand. The result is a temporary loss of movement and sensation in that hand, and without the driving force behind the leading hand, the saber strike is stopped in its tracks. Jubei's calm eyes continue to look at Angel.)

Jubei: There is a difference between serving peace and running away.

(Jubei slides his grip higher on Angel's hand, taking hold of a spot just past the wrist. With a subtle movement, Jubei locks the wrist downward, forcing Angel to go to her knees in response to the pressure point's critical response. With grace personified, Jubei rolls away, but not without giving a tug in his direction, which in addition to the flexed wrist, causes Angel's saber to pop out of her grasp and clatter to the ground. Jubei releases his hold, rolling backwards and up to his feet. With a flick of his wrist, Jubei uses the Will of the Force, and sends Angel's lightsaber airborne, it landing some 100 meters away.)

Jubei: Your weapon, you must part with that instrument of death.

Angel Smith

OOC: my goodness Good you are, Jubei Alright, I have a feeling this may not go well for me, but I'll do my best

IC: "I do not need my weapon"

*Angel slowly gets to her feet, never taking her eyes off of Jubei*

"I can fight without it"

*she charges after Jubei. She jumps in mid air. Her left foot colliding with his face. She lands on her feet and turns her body, spinning, kicking Jubei in the chest*

Jubei SaDherat Vader

OOC: Ask your master about me

IC: (The first kick landed firmly against Jubei's face, knocking him back quite a bit, and sending his senses into a disorienting tailspin. With some effort, Jubei lessened the pain and vertigo with the Force, and allowed himself to slide back into the realm of perception. The attacker was fast, but with increasing speed comes increasing sense, and Jubei was prepared when the second kick came, directed at his chest. Bending like a reed in the wind, Jubei arched his back, bent his knees, and allowed the kick to connect, but with a lessened impact. The result was that Jubei was taken off his feet slightly. The Padawan deftly clamped his arms around the Sith's ankle that still hovered around his chest. Using the leg for leverage, he brought the rest of his body around like a whip, intertwining his legs around Angel's back leg, which was planted on the ground.

Applying pressure by bending his legs, Jubei was able to cause Angel's supporting leg to bend at the knee, and since her striking leg was still extended, she had no base to support her weight. The increase of Jubei's body weight and the lack of a base caused Angel to fall into an awkward splits-like position, hyperextending several adductor and hamstring tendons. Letting the Sith cope with the pain, Jubei released both legs, rolling to the side, and then backwards as he rose to his feet. Gracefully, he began to manipulate his body, performing a Calanic martial arts form known as "Sun and Moon". He kept his hands apart at a precise 18 inches, and performed numerous tandem wavelike gestures, all the while letting his legs spread into a wide base. The form offered a firm defense, with the ability to quickly counter. As the Seven Masters taught, "Where the Sun rises, the Moon shall also rise in time."

As Jubei moved, his loose white robes fluttered gracefully with his gentle yet precise motions.)

Angel Smith

OOC: I shall

*Angel, just as before, slowly stood up. She let her anger and hate fuel her. She charges at Jubei. Just as if it looks as if she is going to attack him, she flips over him. She quickly sends her left elbow into the samll of his back. She reaches out and grasps Jubei's throat, applying the force choke hold*

Jubei SaDherat Vader

(With the low base and defendable position, Jubei is able to quickly and gracefully adapt to changing attack angles. Angel's telegraphed jump was an unorthodox move, but a hip pivot allowed Jubei to properly orient himself, and the strike intended for the small of his back was glanced away by a swiping forearm, sending the elbow grazing past Jubei's side. Jubei was about to deliver a wing strike to the passing Sith's trapezius and allow her forward momentum to work against her, when he felt his airways constrict tightly. It only took Jubei a moment to know that Angel was using the Force to choke him. A student of martial arts from childhood, Jubei was only recently familiar of combat with the mystic energy, and was unprepared for an attack of that nature.

Dropping out of his "Sun and Moon" stance, Jubei was forced to clear his mind, opening himself to the Force. With concentration, Jubei reached out with his feelings, pushing away the constricting force around his neck. Freed from the grasp, Jubei reminded himself that he still had much to learn, and that fighting someone with the power of the Force was something new to him.

Slowly, Jubei moved his hands in front of him, one held high and one held low, with the palms facing him, as if he had his arms wrapped around an invisible tree in front of him. He firmly plants one foot behind, and allows the toes of his other foot to graze the ground in front. Concentrating, Jubei adapts to what he has seen, and begins to use the Force to augment his speed and dexterity, as he uses the "Spring Wind" technique, designed to be fast and offer excellent countering potential, although sacrificing the ability to completely block strikes.)

Angel Smith

OOC: Sorry, I've been quite busy with my other characters that I have. If you find anything wrong with this reply, please let me know. I'm not use to such an art as yours, so I may make a few mistakes, please forgive me.

IC: *Angel smiles evilly at Jubei*

"I have never seen such an art form as yours. I am at a disadvantage it seems for I have not had the chance to study such an art form and know nothing of it. I take it, however, that you may not be so familiar witrh my force moves. Nevertheless, I shall study you well."

*Angel gathers up all her anger and hate as she looks into the eyes of Jubei. Calling upon the force to aid her, Angel, via the force, lifts a medium sized rock from behind Jubei. She force throws the rock, sending it straight for the back of Jubei's head*

Jubei SaDherat Vader

(Jubei stares curiously at the Sith woman as he performs as dance-like kata, winding like the wind blows. However, he slowed his motions when he felt the wind pick up behind him. His instincts telling him that danger was approaching, Jubei dropped his left arm down, using it as a guide as he rolled across his shoulder, and back...performing a fluid forward roll. The rock that Angel was throwing at Jubei passed over his head, heading toward her own.)