Hope you all can help me.

I have to conduct an in depth study of Star Wars fans for my film studies degree at University. Could any posters please look at the following questions and email the answers to me at Mancini6269@aol.com Thanks. Also I am trying to get hold of any of the Star Wars actors to ask their experiences of conventions and meeting the fans. Can anyone help me here? I only have a couple of weeks to get this done so hence the urgency. Thanks for your help - here come the questions!

Questions for Star Wars Fans

 Relate to me your memory of seeing a Star Wars film for the first time.

 What do you believe makes Star Wars so special?

 When attending conventions what are the kind of things you like to know from the actors, what kind of questions do you ask them?

 What would you say is the most bizarre situation you have found yourself in, in relation to Star Wars fandom?

 Do you collect paraphernalia related to these movies? What would you say is your most extravagant purchase?

 What are your feelings on Episode One? Were you happy or disappointed with it and why?

 What do you hope for from Episodes II and III?

 When do you think you will see Episode II first? Will you go first showing/day/week? How far would you go to be amongst the first? Would you take days off work/school to see the film?

 How do you feel about the various novels and comic books that continue the Star Wars story after the movies? One of the novels recently killed off Chewbacca - in your eyes is he really dead?

 Did Boba Fett die at the end of Return of the Jedi? If not what is your evidence?

 In your experience of attending conventions and meeting other fans would you say that the fanbase is gendered in anyway? Are there more male than female fans, and why do you think this is? Do female fans discuss different subjects to males? What kind of subjects?

 Do you use the internet to chat to other fans, and if so what topics do you discuss? What is the hot topic of the moment?

 Can you describe the typical Star Wars fan?

 Do you think there is a certain stigma attached to being a fan? Do Star Wars fans have a bad image, why do you think this is? Do you hide or display your fandom? (ie wear Star Wars T Shirts out etc?)

What do you think of those fans like myself who flew from the UK to the US to be amongst the first to see EP1?, and those who spent months in lines outside cinemas?

 ***FOR FANS IN LINE IN '99***
Why did you feel the need to spend months waiting in line outside cinemas to see Episode One first? Were you disappointed when pre-booking by credit card was allowed the week before opening day? What kind of feeling was there amongst fans in line? Was it worth it, and will you queue again for Episodes II & III, and why?

Please remember to tell me your age, where you found this posting, and your location (ie USA).

Thanks again - Gary Mancini. VERY IMPORTANT - Please email your answers to me - don't just post them here.