Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stupid action figures you KNOW they're gonna make...

Bromine

Stupid action figures you KNOW they're gonna make...

I was looking at an old "Top Ten List" I made up of lame action figures that were coming out. It was supposed to be a silly, fictitious list, but I realise that some of my supposedly dumb and silly ideas, like drooling Jabba and Shot-Up Greedo, actually became figures! Truth IS stranger than fiction! What other LAME figures do you think Hasbro will come up with? Right now my money's on Funeral Pyre Qui-Gon and Hologram Maul.

revginslinger

maul in two parts. anakin with jedi hair braid. obi wan with hyperdrive parts. handmaidens. the aunt beru/uncle owen dinner set

Bromine

UPDATE: I just checked out www.fandommenace.com and this is where it starts getting spooky: One of your predictions has partially come true, Revginslinger! check the photo repository for an accessory set called "Hyperdrive Repair Kit". Now I'm starting to worry about the dinner set...

revginslinger

the only sites i check are this one and theforce.net, and that's only for pre- quel news...toy news i never check on because the thrill of finding a new one at the stores still brings out the kid in me. the dinner set wouldn't be complete without the blender and the tupperware utensils....and when are they going to make an uncle owen/anakin skywalker hovel?????

Atreyu

How about a playset of the remains of Luke's home after the stormtroppers attacked it - complete with Owen and beru's smoldering corpses ...

Jedi2016

Gonk.. oh, damn. They already made that one. A big collection of all those droid parts from the Jawa Sandcrawler. Obi-Wan with soft goods. Anakin and Shmi with slave transmitter (you can blow them up when they try to escape). Kitster and Wald 2-pack.

jjwr

Hey, theres nothing wrong with the Gonk(power) droid, that was always one of my favorites.

Bromine

Gonk rocks, man! I can see the Anakin and Shni with transmitter, too, only forget the blow-up part; they'd be exactly the same as the other figures, because the transmitter is underneath the skin and not visible on the figure. This would encourage ppl to keep them in their original packaging so they could tell them apart from the "regular" figures.

Bromine

Maybe in Ep. 3, we will see spirits of a whole ton of Jedi, and then we can have 50+ "Spirit of" figures. In fact, Hasbro's whole 2003 figure line will be comprised of "Spirit of" and "Hologram" versions of characters, and they'll save so much money on paint, the price will come down slightly and kids will actually be able to afford them!

Wolfe

Woohhoo - imagine having a whole big 'spirit' army.

Big Boogie E

Wald?!?!

Are they seriously making a Wald figure? That's it. Shoot me now. Take good aim. Don't miss.

Bromine

Re: Wald?!?!

I can see it now, they can call it: "Kitster and Wald with Cheering Action: Pegwarmer Two-Pack #1".

revginslinger

went to wal mart yesterday.....the anakin with braid was there...... when will the hasbro madness end?????

Bromine

I hear they're making an Imperial figure that can grip his own neck, so you can pretend Vader's choking him. Quite SAD, when you really think about it...

Jedi Rama

Adrimal Motti, I have seen pics of it. The funny thing is he comes with a blaster pistol. What good is that going to do him.

Jedi Rama

Two Words: Jek Porkins You know what is even scarier his is slated for next year.

Bromine

Yeah, I couldn't believe it either. What will his Commtech chip say? "I'm fine, I don't need to pull up," "Yes, that's right, I'm going to fly straight into the Death Star because I'm too darned stubborn to listen to you and pull up!" I'm still wating for that old pilot, Red Leader. At least he stayed alive through most of the battle.

Jedi2016

Well, we know what Red Leader's commtech chip will say. "Almost there..." and "Wait for my signal" spoken like a country bumpkin. And I never meant that Gonk was a bad figure or a bad character.. I just can't for the life of me figure out why he's so popular. There's even Gonk worship sites on the internet. That's what I can't figure out.

MuahdDib

questions questions questions!

so much to reply to!! to start of, Jek Porkins will say: "oohhhh s*#t...nothing's wroonnng...everything's fine...." "Gaah!! I dropped my sandwich and got mustard on my controls!" and "BUUURRRRPPPP" crappy new figures: (for one, I can't believe "battle damaged destroyer droid...you just know some mold got air bubbles and they didn't want to waste the materials...bastages) 1. the little "clean up droids" seen picking up battle droid parts after the battle with the Gungans. 2. "meeting of the bosses" cinema scene with 5 different gungan bosses...hell they all look the same to me anyhow 3. "Wacky JarJar with new fruit-snatching tounge action (ladies will love the life sized version!)" 4. the "other" astromechs - r3-d9, r7-f6, g8-k4... heck I forgot what else I was gonna say...good enough!

Diamond7

Re: questions questions questions!

Hey, we could always get the pilot and co-pilot from the beginning of TPM. That way, you can recreate their deaths, too!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast