Thread: Yard Sales and Flea Markets

jjwr

Yard Sales and Flea Markets

Anyone out there have good luck at sales or flea markets for finding cool toys? A few years back I had a good summer or two and actually found some stuff but haven't found anything in over 2 yrs, been very dry.

I'm still hoping I'll come accross a big G.I.Joe collection or two at a yard sale but nada so far. I don't think I've seen any Star Wars toys at a sale/market for a long time.

Jedieb

I've never found anything of value. You've got to get up pretty early on the weekend to hit those yardsales and that just isn't my thing.

Bromine

I've noticed in the last few years, at least in my area, everyone tries to get back what they origianlly paid. It used to be you could get stuff for like a buck or two. Now for a $40 chair, they'll charge $35. Anything that looks remotely like a collectible will be overpriced. I've seen loose Star Wars figures for as much as $10.

Jedi Master Kyle

I once found a garage sale with an ESB blanket out front and
    ROTJ bed sheets. I think I paid $2 for the blanket and sheets combined. I asked the woman if she had any more old star wars stuff back there, and she came back out with a plush chewie from 1977, the ANH novelization, the ESB illustrated novelization, and a model of the falcon, which I've since destroyed! I haven't seen a single star wars artifact since.

Albi Wan Yankovi

I found TWO pull apart 3P0s at the Flea Market for $2 a piece. Got them both.

SithLord323

I found an old Kenner lightsabre at a yard sale once! Got it for .50!!