Thread: Fan Club Wuher figure at Toys R Us for $1.97

trammel

Fan Club Wuher figure at Toys R Us for $1.97

I just saw 32 Commtech Wuher the Bartender figures on the pegs at my local Toys R Us for $1.97 each.

-Tom

Qui Wan Jin

It really chaps me that I sent in the 10 bones for the "Exclusive" Wuher figure thinking... you know I've got something cool here... something "Exclusive" only to find out later that I can go to TRU and pick it up for a buck ninety seven. Well hey the Wuher pass they sent must be the reason for the extra EIGHT dollars. It's pretty lame that they hype stuff as exclusive only later to put it in bargain bins in toy stores across America.

Jedieb

I was surprised to see Wuher showing up at TRU myself. The Fan Club should have just lowered the price instead of unloading their unsold stock to TRU. I guess they figure not many people besides collectors will notice so, what the hell? And even though this may tick some collectors off, 99.99% will keep right on trucking. I've heard of other Fan Club "exclusives" showing up at retail as well. I believe Oola and Salcious Crumb have shown up at some cheap discount retailers. Again, the Fan Club should reallly give fans and collectors a chance to buy these products at reduced prices before they unload them on retailers.

trammel

www.thejawa.com is reporting that Hasbro shipped 18,000 Wuher figures to Toys R Us.

-Tom

Jedieb

I saw that too. I wonder now if the Fan Club had any idea that Hasbro would do this. Maybe they just didn't keep ordering Wuhers and Hasbro decided to unload them anyway they could. I do know that these Wuhers have been showing up as solic cases.