Thread: Callista - Evil bitch or just deservs to die?

Darth Turbogeek

Callista - Evil bitch or just deservs to die?

And included in that is the writer of the abdomation, the Crystal Star.... Or Children of the Jedi, the only EU book I could not finish it was so bad.... Discuss

Atreyu

I'm glad searching4Callista still isn't here - it was his favourite book.

Leia Solo

well... callista has some issues of her own that she needs to work out, before she evr shows her face around myself or luke again. after what she pulled... how about adding the author of vector prime to that list?

Darth Turbogeek

Callista deserves a nasty future. I suggest a comeback as a Pokemon

Winter2

as for whether or not Callista is an evil bitch or just deserves to die...both. And to consider the pokemon thing, metapod (who can only harden)or Kakuna (who remains inactive for its entire lifespan.)This information comes from my pokemon freak brother.

Leia Solo

did anyone else catch that pokemon comment? =)

Figrin D an

Well, the books by Barbara Hambly with Callista are, IMO, the worst EU books written to date. Period. Not only is Callista the most annoying, self-righteous bitch in the Star Wars universe, but the other characters in this book were poorly written and the plot was bland and pointless. To answer the question, both. Ideally, we need to construct a time machine, go back to the early 1990's and make Hambly disappear before she can write the books. I wouldn't place the author of Vector Prime into this group, though. R.A. Salvatore is actually a great author, it's just that he was kind of forced by Del Ray to... eliminate a certain character. He really didn't want to do it because he was afraid of the reaction that it might generate from a lot of fans. (He was right about that much.) I didn't particularly like certain events in Vector Prime, but they were approved by Lucasfilm... The rest of the book isn't as bad a lot of people make it out to be (I read it a second time and I realized this). Salvatore has written a lot of excellent books, it's just that his first venture into the Star Wars universe was somewhat controversial.

Leia Solo

frorgive me. i will then revise my earlier statement: the publishers at del rey need to be killed. =)

Darth Turbogeek

I'm glad to see that Everyone agrees with me - re:Callista. I've always said I could do a better EU book than Hamby could. But that wont be hard. She is pretty bad