Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pick your favorite books/series in EU.

Yane

Re: favorite books/series in EU

Thrawn Trilogy (got me into the whole thing), first three books of X-Wing Series, Jedi Academy, Shadows of the Empire, so far in I, Jedi (I'm about half way through). Those are my favourites. I like all the books I've read except Children of the Jedi because I couldn't understand it that well. It took me about half the book to figure out where Luke was (on the Eye of Palpatine)! (Don't laugh, I'm just a bit slow sometimes.) However, I did like the character of Callista.

Darth Turbogeek

Re: favorite books/series in EU

You liked Callista? Really? I honestly find that difficult to believe. I thought Callista was the biggest travesty in the whole EU. And Children of the Jedi utterly rotten. For me, the Zahn books and I, Jedi are by far the best

Matrix76

The Thrawn Trilogy and Shadows of the Empire are my favorite

Imperial Royal Guard

this isn't a novel, but a comic series... don't throw anything at me! Crimson Empire has a great concept behind it, the last surviving Imperial Royal Guard out to avenge his master's death at the hands of traitors... to me there are no characters more closely resembling samurai than the Royal Guard... and the main character Kir Kanos is the epitome of the Ronin; the masterless warrior being carried by the forces of galactic civil war... looks great on paper... but the writing sucks... and the continuity in the artwork sucks so hard that not even light can escape. the first 6 issue series was passable, but the second didnt have the main character in half the story... supposedly there will be a third 6 issue series, i can only hope they throw some kurosawa in there. i personally would like to see the main character contemplate assassinating Leia, but is unexpectantly befriended by her children or something... and finds himself trying to save Leia from the requisite contrived plot device... the climax of course is the fight scene where the central character's latent force ability manifests itself when his own vibro-bladed weapon is destroyed and he force-grabs Leia's fallen lightsabre without consciously knowing it.... then cutting up the villian(s) into neatly stackable sections... then he and Leia have a brief torrid affair... well, maybe that's asking too much.

Everything Zen

My favoret book is Vector Prime by R.A salvatore

Kiranna Organa

My favorite (SPOILERS for Thrawn Trilogy)

I've all ready posted my response to this, but here's an update. This is kind of odd, but I just started reading the Thrawn trilogy. You would think that was what I would have started with but... So far, it's quite enjoyable. I've just gotten to the part where Chewie and Leia are headed to Kahyyk (or however you spell that) I enjoyed the Courtship of Princess Leia, but it didn't really portray the characters very well, and didn't focus on the Courtship of Princess Leia. The story was good, but if I had my way, I would re-write the whole thing. Besides, do you think that Han would have been such a baby about Leia and Isoldar? ::shudders:: and "kiss my Wookie?" So mature! I guess out of all the novels I've read, "The Krytos Trap" in the X-Wing series is my favorite, but I think that might be replaced by one of the books in the Thrawn trilogy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12