Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to get more posters?

Darth23

Re: Updated Page

I was visiting my grandma's house and found a case of those camera flash thingies (Graflex?) Maybe we could get them to post here in they're interesting in getting a few.

Jedi Master Kyle

Here's an idea...

offer M.V.P. prizes every week to the one who posts the most often during the week. You'll get alot of crappy posts, but they'll be posts just the same!

Just joking.

Jedieb

Graflex!

Darth23, if those things are real Graflex tubes then they're worth a fortune to the props guys. You should have one of them check them out. Or maybe this is just a clever ploy to get them to come over here...

Darth23

Re: Graflex!

heh heh heh.

:evil:

Jedi Master Carr

We could try to spread it around on the various Star Wars clubs on Yahoo and others. Maybe tell friends who like Star Wars can't really think of any other ways. Also what has happened to those that have just vanished I know CMJ comes in every now and then because he is going to school but what about Bromine I haven't seen him in here in months and there are others who have just vanished Atreu, unless he changed his alias, Darth Ace unless we drove him away again. I'm sure there might be others. Of course they could have all vanished for now and will all return the closer we get to EP 2. I can think of ways we could increase activity we could do some kind of Star Wars Trivia game every week I have seen some of the Star Wars clubs do it. I am not sure if we could keep it up for very long but I guess we could try it.

ReaperFett

Ateyu became DVDJervs, who I dont think posts anymore. Mez got work commitments I think. Itala was banned if I recall right.

Unfortunately for you huys, I stayed

Darth23

Actually, You could link SWFans board to other Star Wars ezboards. Thsi si one of the bigger ones, and I'm sure SWFans would get increased traffic.

Jedi Master Kyle

question...

Since were on the topic of those who don't post anymore, where's darth ace and bromine?

Hart Kenobi

Re: question...

Get rid of the OOC forum, transfer all the files to General Discussion and just have that forum be the "OOC" forum. Make'em look above the rp forums.

Darth23

I think Darth Ace got pissed because people were dissing Aint It Cool News.

:-|

ReaperFett

damn right! AICN is more helpful than most websites!

Darth23

We shoudl track him down and kidnap him.

Does he have icq?

>:^}

Hart Kenobi

No, but we'll kidnap him from his house. You take the front door, I'll go in through the window and Fett'll go in through the back door.

QuiGonJ

I just noticed this thread... and I have been thinking similar things this past week. First of all, you've done nothing wrong. Like JediEb and the others said, it's just the dead time 'tween films. It'll pick up.

I would agree that moving OOC into the main discussion area would help you, but I notice everyone seems to prefer little cliques of familiar and favorite voices. Not just here, it just seems to happen in any board-based group, like at the Asheron's Call board I post at. A whole buch of them moved out recently. (And, no, I'm in the group that stayed at the originating board this time.)

My suggestion is, folks like updates. Updating the website would most certainly help, but simply changing the background here and in the SW forum will bring folks to post at least, "hey, nice background" or "I hate it, change it NOW". I try to switch out our Cantina once a year, whether it needs it or not. This last update I ditched the black for an evening shot of Coruscant with our site's blue underneath.

Darth23

.... Just don't get rid of the stars....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12