Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: TPM falling further and further behind Titanic ...

Bromine

Re: Oh, Jonathan

Yoda900 - To be honest, I have taken basic music lessons, but I am hardly anywhere NEAR knowledgeable about music, nor very good at it. Actually, I think "weak" may have been the wrong word. The score was much better than most movie scores I've heard, but it just seemed rather weak compared to the original trilogy; although, considering how good the Original Trilogy soundtrack was, that's not really a put-down. I liked DOTF, Darth Maul's Theme, and was happy to see the return of the Emporer's Theme, but I didn't really enjoy the rest at least not like I did with the originals.

jjwr

Re: Fine, but you are a TPM basher

You still don't get what facts and opinions mean do you? Its your opinion it had a deep plot, its mine that it didn't. A fact is something can be proven, it doesn't need to be correct. I'm not a TPM basher, I never was. Your too narrowminded to see that, so be it. I'd continue this but its going nowhere. You say Star Wars is a religion? I guess that would make sense seeing as your discriminating against people who disagree with you, that is something thats common in religious debates. I never thought highly of you, after this thread I think even less, your narrow minded, you try and force your opinions on others, your fanatical, and your a dick head. I'll leave it at that.

yoda900

re: oh, jonathan

I see what you are saying then. You simply liked the score more of the others. I guess when I saw the word weak, I thought that seemed odd since Jon Williams is such a great composer, ie, not just SW, but we all know he did ET,Jaws,Jurrasic Park,Shindler's List,Indiana Jones, The NBC nightly news theme, and many more. DOTF was definitely awesome like you said! I gotta give the guy a lot of credit to make a soundtrack to a prequel of the greatest trilogy in movies with great sound alrady, yet making it differnt enough but still have it somewhat recognizable. I can see some of the themes developing into the ones we know well over the next 2 flicks.

jjwr

Re: re: oh, jonathan

Ok so I could be wrong on the whole fact thing, I never actually looked it up I always took fact to mean something that can be proven, whether its right or wrong.

Darth23

Re: re: oh, jonathan

I think that in general a lot of opinions are put forth as if there is NO NEED for proof. (Especially on the Basher Board). One person may think tat there was too much kiddie stuff, or that Anakin should have been bawling his eyes out when he left home, or that the plot was weak, and ANOTHER person may feel exactly the opposite. As for the music, I think TPMs music is great. I think there was a lot of stuff left out of the Soundtrack that could have been included.

BristerM

Jesus, Atreyu

Holy @#%$! The length of this thread makes my 'male nudity' thread look like Jonathan's penis...just kidding, Jon.

I read through this whole thread since it's raining and there's nothing to do, and the discussion was quite interesting. Seems like everyone hated Jonathan then.

JonathanLB and Jonathan1138 are the same person, right?

Jedieb

Re: Jesus, Atreyu

You're a dangerous man when you're bored Brister.

BristerM

Thanks. I'll take that as a compliment, Jedieb.

Darth23

Well I like what I said.... :-P

Bromine

BristerM, that was nasty, but I'm LMAO!

BristerM

quite

Yes, I have quite the gross-out appeal.

90 posts!! Whoo-hoo!

Atreyu

Re: quite

Me posting a thread????

That has 90+ posts????

Will wonders ever cease????

BristerM

wow

Yep Atreyu, that's 92 posts for you. That's gotta be some kinda board record.

Jedieb

He's BACK!!!

He's back!!!! :0 That's what I meant by dangerous Brister. I'm so scared... I mean really scared, BWP kinda scared....

BristerM

Jedi!!

Calm down Jedieb! You're beginning to arou...frighten me!

Atreyu

Re: Jedi!!

That's gotta be some kinda board record.
    I wish - the roleplaying forum had a 3000 post thread a while back.

BristerM

3000?

3000???????? Whoa!

Ashedrav

Grosses

Let's not forget that over 75% of TPM's final domestic gross was made in it's first month telling me in my (note for Jon) OPINION, that hype drove this movie to make so much. It was the movie to see in May and June, but I believe that after that only die-hard fans saw it.

Titanic's run on the other hand never dropped until about 4 or 5 months after it's release. Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe that Titanic is the only movie in the top ten that was released not in the summer. The fact that it made that much in a typically slow BO season is even more remarkable.

In regards to Titanic's SFX. I think it's nice to see that the Academy is rewarding Films with SFX that are just dinosaurs, meteors, and sci-fi creatures. Films like Gump, Babe, Titanic all films with realistic effects that won an Oscar. I say Kudos to the Academy for awarding films with much less subtle effects.

Jon I bet your the type of guy who only digs movies that have explosions in them or ones with super cool CG creatures and every other movie that is not Star Wars or testosterone fueled is merely crap made by "homosexuals."

Typically when someone's only defense to call someone gay or imply that they are usually has something interesting to hide. Feel like making any confessions?

Some film recommendations for you:

Chasing Amy
    American Beauty

Remember they're not SW films, so I know sitting through them will be tough, but I'm sure you'll find some characters you can relate to in both those films.

And BTW, GO OUTSIDE!

BristerM

quite

OK that post was quite anal. iiiiihhhhh

BristerM

more.

TIMMAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast