Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spoiler pics!

Jedi Master Kyle

models

I think i have a picture of the radiant as a model, and the naboo fighters in the hangar in the wall are models too.

Bromine

Re: models

I know there were some reference models (they weren't extremely huge), and things like the podrace stadium were models, but I'm 90% sure all the space scenes were shot with CG ships.

Jedi Master Kyle

maybe...

the star destroyer is too difficult for cg with all the shadowing and lights, and they figure a model would look just as good, and be cheaper. but they probably need one fairly large model for references for the computers, but then that raises the question of why isn't the model at ILM instead of on location?

Bromine

Re: maybe...

Well, I suppose that may be true about the SD being so complex it's easier to use a model; after all, it's not like it has to do a lot of complex manuevering like a fighter does, and complex motion is what the CG would be best for.
    I agree, tough, that the whole debate is kinda moot and the real question is why it's in Australia? Maybe Palpy has the model in his office or something!

Jedi Master Kyle

maybe...

that's exactly what it is. a model for palpy to display.

DarthAce

I know what it is...its a lucas trick his trying to make as look at things that aren't htee if your getting my point?!

Bromine

Yeah, like that blurry picture of Anakin running!

Jedi Master Kyle

George has been known to screw aroun from time to time, hasn't he?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12