Thread: Climax @ the end of II

yuvalb

Climax @ the end of II

Lucas stated that EP2 will end in a climax ("much like TESB did", end quote).

What do you think the climax will be?

Aprentize

Hmmmm, thats weird. I know that people take this "Love story thing" a little to serious, but i thought it would be a movie painted in happy colors. I imagined the film ending with anakin amidala getting married... Maybe the wedding is detroyed! "You may now kiss the bride"... and stormtroopers enters and shoots the whole place apart!

Doc Milo

Maybe after their wedding and honeymoon, Amidala will be kidnapped and Anakin will have his hand chopped off and as he's recovering, Obi-Wan and Jar Jar will go out to try and located Amidala............

Bromine

Actually, I think it will be more of a "sad" movie. TPM was rather upbeat, so I think now we're going to see the underlying plot involving the Sith come to the forefront.
    Actually, it's hard to tell, because we already know that Episode 3 will end with a sad note, and that's unusual for a trilogy. Usually the first part ends happy, the second is full of problems and the bad guys end up ahead, and then the third installment fixes the problems and wraps everything up with victory for the good guys. This trilogy will certainly be unique in its execution.

Jedi Master Kyle

Definetly.

I think the wedding wil take place in the middle of the film, and at the end, Anakin really has a dark side lapse, and Amidala is left with Obi Wan to think about what's going on. Much like Luke and Leia at the end of ESB when Han is taken away.

Ben Carrozza

While Episode ii is going to end with certain plotlines up in the air, I don't think it will be an actual cliffhanger ending. That might be a little nuts.

ESB didn't end on a cliffhanger -- things were left unresolved, but not in the middle of the action. Han is frozen. Is VAder Luke's father? Will Luke ever be able to beat Vader? You're left with questions...but not painful ones (well...not too painful).

One thing I can think of is that maybe one of the unresolved issues at the end comes as a result of a confrontation between Palpatine/Sidious and Anakin. Perhaps a revelation along the lines of Vader telling Luke that he is his father -- something that will force Anakin to revaluate everything that he knows to be true.

We shall see...

Jedi Master Kyle

I think Anakin will be confronted by palpatine, who will enlighten him on his full potential at some point in episode 2. Anakin will realize he's right, but will be caught between using his power for his own ends, and doing what is right as a jedi.

Bromine

I never thought about it that way, but I guess ESB didn't have a cliffhanger ending after all. I always thought of it as a cliffhanger, but you're right: they weren't in any danger, it was just that some things weren't resolved. Episode 2 will probably be the same: Bitter ending with some unresolved conflicts.