Thread: THE NAME OF EPISODE 2

Aprentize

THE NAME OF EPISODE 2

In all prequel sites the have name guesses, and the most popular names for ep 2 are usually The fall of the republic or The rise of the empire. What is wrong with people?! ep 2 is supphosed to be a love story, not some war movie. Ep 3 might get a name like that, but NOT ep2. I like names like The son of the force, wich i have seen somewhere... but thats an unlikely name too. The names in previous movies have been about stuff that hits the whole galaxy, not the main characters in general. Whats your favorite name? Maybe i schould make a poll....

And by the way, i have to post a great picture of obiwan. just tell me how to post pics in here, like some of you do with the select pics...

Jedi Master Kyle

here's how to post an image:
    [img]put the address of the pic here[/img]
    that's it. also you have to make sure you check 'Use HTML' in the posting options.

As for a title, I have no guess right now.

Doc Milo

the most popular names for ep 2 are usually The fall of the republic or The rise of the empire. What is wrong with people?! ep 2 is supphosed to be a love story, not some war movie. Ep 3 might get a name like that, but NOT ep2.
    I think people are taking this "love story" aspect a bit too seriously. This is STAR WARS, not GONE WITH THE WIND or CASABLANCA. When Lucas says love story, he means more along the lines of ESB. While I think the love story aspect of Ep2 will be more pronouced than it was in ESB, its still not going to be a conventional "love story" as we are used to seeing it's not going to be a "romance movie." It will be closer to ESB than GWTW.

Now, Fall of the Jedi or Rise of the Empire? I don't know. Seems too close to telling you too much about what will happen in the movie. How about: Star Wars: The Sound and the Fury. J/K. I really have no guess about what the title will be. I don't know enough about what ep2 will be about to wager a guess.

Jedi Master Kyle

You know, Fall of the Jedi and Rise of the Empire (or Tyranny, or Evil etc...) all sound like plausible title names, but they've been so beaten to death by fan sites that even if Lucas wanted to use that, he probably wouldn't because they're almost "cliche" at this point. Most likely Episode 2 will bear a name none of us would think of, like TPM, I don't think anyone saw that one coming.

Bromine

The Star Wars movies always have relatively cryptic names that deal with the overall theme of the movie, and we don't know nearly enough to hazard a guess at the overall theme. I seriously doubt Episode 2 will have a descriptive name like "The Clone Wars"; another name that I've heard everywhere.
    I agree; it will probably be something we never thought of or heard of.

DvdJervs

As long as it isn't called something like 'Days of our Star Wars' or 'Star Wars Place' or 'Anakin's Creek' I'll be happy.

Jedi Master Kyle

Or Ani McBeal!

mez7

no no no you guys have it all wrong, EP2 will be called revenge of the gungan's, the whole movie is about the gungans and how they kill all the jedi because they brought jarjar back to them,
    this is very accurate, i heard it at a con from a guy whos brother's - girlfriend's - uncle's old roomate's - sister's son's freind works at lucasfilm,
    so i think its pretty much a sure thing

Jedi Master Kyle

yeah, must be true then! and thanks for ruining everything dude!

Ben Carozza

Maybe they'll call it "Jango and Son".

But seriously... One title that seems possible is "Balance of the Force" considering that that is rumoured to be a big theme in the film; that Anakin is the chosen one responsible for this; that this was the original title of ep i but Lucas pulled it at the last minute.

Maybe he pulled it because it sucks, I dont know...

It doesn't seem to follow that title mirroring theory that's been going around, but who knows.

Darth Hez

Its impossible to guess, NO-ONE saw "The Phantom Menace" coming, and everyone thought it sucked at first (at least everyone I know did), but it really is a quietly descriptive title. I would go with something along the lines of "Rise of the Empire". Something like that. If you say its too obviously stating what will happen in the movie, think about ESB. "The Empire Strikes Back"? Wow, whatever could that be about? Whatever it is, we'll probably hate it at first and love it by the time the movie actually comes out.

Jedi Master Kyle

I think its definetly going to be an unheard of name. Sure ESB was an obvious name, but that was 1980, were now in the next milennnium, things can't be left obvious anymore. But who knows, maybe GL will surprise us!

Jedi Master Carr

I doubt he will use Rise of the Empire since that would not work with the opening crawl since the title lets us know what is going on at this instance when the movie starts. Really I have no clue either about EP2's title, though I do have a guess for EP3, The Fall of the Jedi, it would make perfect sense because EP6 was return, so now we would have the opposite of that. It also gives us a double meaning like 6 with it meaning both the fall of "the Jedi" and also Anakin falling to the darkside.

Bromine

If anyone does guess the correct title, I'll be extremely shocked.

Jedi Master Kyle

We should give that person a prize or something!

Ben Carozza

I remember reading somewhere that a possible title for ep. iii would be "Rise of the Dark Lord". Don't know how true that is.

The titles often sound like old newspaper headlines, or newsreel titles. Obviously in keeping with that serial sci-fi/adventure feel.

Jedi Master Kyle

I think it'll be something obscure like "the seeds of villainy" or something...