Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Something that would really suck.

Bromine

Interesting...I've never really thought of the blasters you see in Star Wars as being lasers, since they clearly aren't moving at the speed of light. I guess all we really need to know is that they're enrgy of some form, at they go boom.

I agree, you've got to take creative liberties. Technically, we shouldn't hear any sounds in space, either.

Doc Milo

I always assumed they were some combination of light and matter, but that's just me...

As for taking privleges with the laws of physics -- that's the beauty of sci-fantasy -- you get to create your own science. As long as things are consistant to the science you've created within the story, then who cares if it can really happen or not by the laws of physics...

EP5GRAFLEX

Yeah, as long as were entertained thier job is done! If you want hard scientific facts watch Discovery Channel! If you want WOW! treat yourself to a Action-Packed Sci-Fi flick! Trying to prove Sci-Fi thoeries does make for interesting coversation!

Jedi-Rocker

Jedi Master Kyle

Lucas always talks about the ways in which he bends the laws of science to suit his galaxy, another example would be noise and sound effects in space. Funny how no one really thinks of that until he brings it up. Now think about how boring star wars would be if we could't see the laser blasts, or hear the ships passing by!

EP5GRAFLEX

..and how often do you hear mood fitting dramatic loud THX quality theme music when you're going about your daily business!:

Jedi-Rocker

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12