Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Goofy Habits, OCD, and other Silly Behaviors

If we're talking sleeping habits, I usually wrap the duvet over one leg and anchor it between my knees. Guarantees that no matter hard someone tries to steal my duvet they won't succeed. Also I have to have a bonus hugging pillow to keep my left arm occupied, otherwise I get self conscious about where to put it and it keeps me awake. Without both of those things I have to sleep with my arm between my knees.

TheHolo.Net Admin

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Christin
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: W4BSY Steam ID: ApexLupine
    • I like to cocoon myself in my security blankets. Charley hates it.
    • Sleeping with the TV on is something that cropped up during my time living alone, but went into overdrive after I moved to Alabama and was working night shift. Having a movie on made me feel like I wasn't alone, and now it's gotten to the point where it's an act of congress for me to fall asleep without something on. If the power goes out before bed, I gt almost panicky, and I have killed the battery on Charley's laptop playing a DVD until I fall asleep. There is a caveat to what gets watched at bedtime though; it pretty much has to be something we've seen many times over, like ATHF, South Park, Seinfeld, or the most popular of bedtime shows, Poirot.
    • I never sleep on the side of the bed closest to the bedroom door. NEVER EVER. If a monster comes into the room, Charley will be the first to get eaten. This one actually came from my mom. She told me that one night she'd had a really bad dream after seeing The Exorcist, and ended up having to swap sides with my dad so that he was on the side closest to the door. The story goes that after they swapped, my dad couldn't sleep the rest of the night.
    • I also never sleep on my back. I used to get sleep paralysis and night terrors pretty bad back in the day, until I read somewhere that sleeping on your back was a big trigger for it. So now when I go to bed I usually sleep on my side (waking up in the morning I have of course shifted to where I'm lying on my back, but I NEVER go to sleep in that position).
    • I'm very picky about where my head is when falling asleep. I don't like to breath warm/hot air, so my head HAS to be angled up for maximum cool and fresh air intake.
    • Oh yeah, and I wake up on the 'wrong side of the bed' for more often than not.

... I have a lot of strange bedtime rituals, now that I think about it

TheHolo.Net Poster

The Scorpion Prince
    Oil my peanuts, you blood-cursed bastards.
    DragonCon 09
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer
    AKA
    Peter
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CrusaderJ11
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Evanar View Post
    I'm not really sure about anything else. I have a high tolerance for a lot of other things.
    I guess this does not include my driving in video games!

TheHolo.Net Poster

I'm having no part in this!

Quote Originally Posted by Loklorien s'Ilancy View Post
    • I'm very picky about where my head is when falling asleep. I don't like to breath warm/hot air, so my head HAS to be angled up for maximum cool and fresh air intake.
    This is me as well... my boyfriend looks like to cocoon himself entirely...head and all and I don't quite get it. I can't breath under blankets.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lilaena Steam ID: jainhollie
    Oh, I can't sleep at all if the closet doors are cracked open. They must be closed at all times.

When I was younger and slept in a twin bed against a wall I used to sleep with my back to the wall and a pillow between myself and the room. Sometimes my mom wouldn't be able to find me in the bed because I was crammed between the wall and the mattress.

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2
    Lesbian Overlord of SWFans

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    I am another cocoon-er. I have to sleep with my head under a blanket.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Did I tell you about the time I stole fire from the gods? I couldn't fence it, it was too hot. I really got burned on that deal...

AKA
    Andrew
    You all are crazy. CRAZY, I tell you!

If you sit at the dinner table and season your food before you eat any, I will bring it up and call you out on it because I hate you.

Banner Laverick
    I try not to have too many OCD obsessions, because then I actually obsess and become anxious to the point of freaking out...I have to have routines, and if they get messed up in any way, I get annoyed.

I'm doing a lot better with being touched by people - I still don't like when people come up and purposely touch me, but accidentally brushing my hand or something doesn't make me feel like washing anymore...There are exempt "safe" people who can touch me all they want though lol!

I still sort my candy by colors, then eat them lowest amount of candies to highest amount of candies, in groups of 3's and 4's. I bought "touch woods" because I have to touch wood to make sure good things stay good, lol.

I could probably write a novel about all the compulsions and obsessions I have. Luckily most of them are goofy and harmless

Zenas Codrey
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Untouchable View Post
    duvet
    dafuq

Quote Originally Posted by Charley View Post
    If you sit at the dinner table and season your food before you eat any, I will bring it up and call you out on it because I hate you.
    DFAC food is so horribly bland that putting salt on it before eating it is automatic, and when I forget, I regret it instantly. Don't hate me, hate the poor quality Army food.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lilaena Steam ID: jainhollie
    Duvet = comforter that needs a pretty cover

oh what a tangled web I weave

Quote Originally Posted by Lilaena De'Ville View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenas Codrey View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Untouchable View Post
    duvet
    dafuq
    Duvet = comforter that needs a pretty cover
    The prettiness isn't a factor: it's a hygiene, convenience, and comfort thing. If you wash a duvet/quilt, you run the risk of making the stuff inside it go all clumpy and lumpy. I used to get really bad nosebleeds all the time as a kid (at times we had to change the bedding 4-5 times in a night)... if we'd not had that removable cover, we'd have had to toss the whole thing in the wash and I'd have had no blankets/etc all night. Having a duvet cover - same as a pillow case - gives you something that you can take off every week or two. We need that extra level of warmth a lot more often over here in Europe, so culturally that sort of thing is the norm.

And yeah, they can be "pretty"... or they can be awesome, and have Thomas the Tank Engine Batman on and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Banner Laverick View Post
    I still sort my candy by colors, then eat them lowest amount of candies to highest amount of candies, in groups of 3's and 4's.
    I do that!

Worse, while I was in school I used to carry one of those little airtight plastic boxes around with me, and whenever I had Skittles I'd put all of the purple ones in it and save them up. Whenever I had a pretty crappy or miserable day, I'd just sit there in front of the internet or TV and eat exclusively purple Skittles until I felt better.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Ever seen a Phoenix that rose from the ashes of a cigar?

You have now!
    AKA
    Kraken
    1) Everyday at least once a day I will mentally ask myself the question "How many Battleships do you need to sink a Heavy Cruiser?" and I will always think to myself in response the answer is "Zero, because other things can sink a Heavy Cruiser." at random and then wonder where the question came from.

2) I never dry my back using the towel after a shower. Instead I will lie on my back on the bed and let the bed sheet absorb the moisture.

3) I usually take a small glass of something to drink with me to bed even though I don't end up drinking any of it and I'll usually let the pile of glasses accumulate until one of them starts growing mold.

Those are the main three that I can think of right atm.

Thaitla K'prerr
    Oh God I do the skittles/m&m's/reese's pieces sorting thing too. I always sub-manage them into little groups and then eat them until the numbers are precisely equal. I even sort them by damaged candies

TheHolo.Net Poster

lmao... I totally forgot I did that with colored candy as well! Oy... They all have to be equal, too...

I also will eat broken chips, leaving the full ones for last and then start on smallest to largest.

Wonder why people do these things... pretty funny.

TheHolo.Net Admin

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Christin
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: W4BSY Steam ID: ApexLupine
    I only eat candy in December. The rest of the 11 months in the year I 'strongly discourage' sweets being in the house.

As far as food, I will generally eat anything put in front of me. If you ask me what I want, I will spend half an hour trying to figure out what I'm in the mood for. My indecision drives Charley to madness.

I also go from not hungry in the least to GIVEMEFOODNOWI'MSTARVINGTODEATH in the blink of an eye. This is another source of Charley's insanity as well.

TheHolo.Net Poster

The Scorpion Prince
    Oil my peanuts, you blood-cursed bastards.
    DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Peter
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CrusaderJ11
    I hate losing to AIs and I can't let a game go that I have not finished yet. I will be playing one boss fight or checkpoint for 6 straight hours over and over again until I finally beat it. If I do not beat it in the first session. It will be on my mind for the rest of the day/week/month. In the short list of games that I never finished I can tell you exactly where I stopped playing. Those memories are like scars on the back of my head.
    It gets even worse with games that I started playing with others because then my brain tells me that I have to finish it with these people. Other people would only be a substitute.

For Halo Series it has become a tradition that I will not play the next game until my buddy and I sit down on the couch and do our first coop playthrough. After that I will instantly start a new playthrough on the hardest difficulty and beat the game again (alone).

TheHolo.Net Poster

I used to do that with Solitaire I had to go until I won... not quite the same, lol.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12