Thread: Bombings in Boston during Boston Marathon

Bombings in Boston during Boston Marathon

This is pretty horrible
    http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2013/04/15...hon/?hpt=hp_t1

so far at least 2 are dead and over 100 injured with 2 bombings at the Boston Marathon today. It is a horrible situation. I have friends up there and was just up there a few months ago. My thoughts are prayers are with everyone in the city.

The reports are all over the place. I've seen some saying there were three explosions, more bombs that were not detonated, and 12 dead and 50+ injured. Hard to pin down what the truth is. I have a feeling we are just going to have to wait until the dust settles. I've also seen reports that they grabbed a Pakistan man nearby as a prime suspect. The videos/pictures paint a terrifying picture.

Yeah they also messed up on the JFK fire. Reports tried to say it was a bombing but it seems to be unrelated. It will be a while before we get a clear picture of what happened.

I think ESPN has had the best coverage so far. Very little conjecture - mostly just interviews with people who were actually running and their families.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lilaena Steam ID: jainhollie
    It's a terrible thing, and one of the dead is an eight year old boy. I hope they catch whoever is responsible, and I wish I never have to hear the term "false flag" again. Conspiracy nut Facebook friend, you are very close to being cut.

oh what a tangled web I weave

TheHolo.Net Poster

The Scorpion Queen

Has been a member for 5 years or longer
    AKA
    Natacha
    I'm still so shocked by those news. I hope that they catch whoever is responsible for those atrocities.

I was so relieved to hear that the family I have in Boston is fine, as I wasn't sure if one of them were nearby or not yesterday.

Boston is still under lockdown with one of the suspects dead, and the other still wanted. It is horrible there right now, and kinda of unbelievable to see a major city shut down like this.

TheHolo.Net Admin

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Christin
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: W4BSY Steam ID: ApexLupine
    I spent most of the night last night reading the SA thread about it and listening to the live feed from Watertown. It's pretty insane how it all went down.

TheHolo.Net Poster

The Scorpion Prince
    Oil my peanuts, you blood-cursed bastards.
    DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Peter
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CrusaderJ11
    What really messes with my brain is the fact that the younger brother seemed to have been a decent guy. Normally people do not have that many good words for a person that went postal or participated in a terrorist attack. I seriously hope that this guy surrenders since I am honestly curious about his motives.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Droo
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: droogydroo
    Confirmations coming through that he is now in police custody. Heard crowds cheering at the scene about five or ten minutes before that, it's been a staggering experience following this live on the news and all over Twitter.

Yeah it was so great that it the whole thing is over. It was a very intense day and a rough week, but it's over. They had a moving day at Fenway, and it helped with the healing of the city. Of course, the Red Sox won, which helps.