Thread: On the Pitch (Footie Obsessions)

SW-Fans.Net Poster

DragonCon 09
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

Soccer On the Pitch (Footie Obsessions)

Guess what day it is today, guys?

MATCH DAAAAAAY. Liverpool vs Southampton, should be brilliant. I'll be kitted out and listening in the car as we drive to Argyle but my uncle is digitally recording the match and emailing it to me so I can watch it tonight.

Should be a super interesting match. Southampton were gunning to sign Coutinho and missed out, so he's got a lot to prove and there's no better place than where LFC have a poor playing record. They just need to play tightly like the last match (and get Sturridge to read the bloody coverage) and they'll be good.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

DragonCon 09
    WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON, WHAT ARE THEY DOING UGH THIS IS PAINFUL.
    Seriously, these flashes of brilliance intermingled with suboptimal play are wretched. You're constantly on edge. They're somewhere between the poor display with Southampton and the awesome gameplay during the Wigan match and there's no way to relax.

We need a goal to even things out. Coutinho is playing his heart out and Enrique's really pulling his weight (and then some) but Suarez's usually brand of hotheaded bravado isn't working today.

ETA: Yeahhhhhhh! Coutinho and Henderson! Gorgeous teamwork! Also wow, Gerard got yellow carded before Suarez? That's a shocker.

2. OH GERRARD YOU JOLLY FELLOW YOU. <3
    Last edited by Wyl Staedtler; Mar 31st, 2013 at 07:49:44 AM.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

DragonCon 09
    Guys. I think I have a new love. Jürgen Klopp is so entertaining to watch! His enthusiasm for footie is a refreshing change from the general stoicism you see from the sidelines during matches.

Disappointed by Sundays Liverpool match, a bit, but last night's play between Malagar and Dortmund was great. And by great I mean 'frustrating as hell for 90 minutes because Dortmund was faffing about and being ridiculous and then in the additional 4 minutes given completely and accidentally turned it around in a stunning display of clumsy, brilliant luck.'

Went to bed filled with the sort of contentment that only a good game can bring.