This is the first in (hopefully) a series of interviews with members of the Star Wars fandom, from here at SW-Fans.Net and elsewhere.

(not Scott's collection)

Star Wars collectors are a huge part of why SW merchandise and action figures still fly off the shelves. Grown men hoarding toys is not unique to Star Wars (see: Matchbox Cars or G.I.Joes), but especially with the release of the Prequel movies it seemed that their numbers grew as well as their collections. We all have at least a few items of Star Wars merchandise in our homes, and SW-Fans.Net used to have so many collectors here that they had their own sub-forum. So, let's find out some more about a collector of Star Wars Stuff, in this case a friend of mine. Say hi to Scott! (Hi Scott!)

When did you first see a Star Wars movie, and what movie was it?

1979 - A New Hope

When did you start collecting Star Wars merchandise, and why?

I started collecting as soon as Kenner started producing action figures. My Dad bought me the Early Bird Kit before anything was even released and after that I was hooked.

How has your collection evolved?

As a kid I collected to play with the figures. I stopped collecting shortly after Kenner stopped producing figures in the mid 80's. Unfortunately I had to sell my childhood collection when I moved into my first apartment as I didn't have the storage space. I started collecting again when the Prequels and Special Editions were announced and Hasbro started producing figures again. Around 2005 my collecting habits shifted to higher end collectibles and the appeal of less clutter. Toys & action figures gave way to statues and busts which I continue to collect today.

Do you have other collections?

I do have other collections. I collect statues/busts based on various movie & comic book characters. I also collect limited edition art prints based on some of my favorite films.

Have you read the Expanded Universe novels and if so, do you have a favorite?

The only Expanded Universe novels I've read was the Thrawn Trilogy, so I guess by default they'd be my favorite. I did collect and read many of the Dark Horse comic book series over the years too.

How badly did the Prequels ruin your faith in the Star Wars franchise as a whole?

I enjoy the Prequels for what they are and feel they're unfairly judged. I think the problem a lot of fans have with them is the films didn't grow up with them. Many of the issues fans have with the Prequels are present in the OT but because we grew up with those films we've accepted their quirkyness. To me the Prequels maintain the spirit of the OT. Kids love them just as we did in the 80's and so do I.

What is your personal ranking of the existing movies?
ESB, ROTS, ANH, AOTC, TPM, ROTJ

Are you looking forward to new movies now that Disney owns the rights?

I can't wait for the new films. The current state of the franchise is a dream come true for a fan like me.

Who would you most like to see in a ‘spin off’ movie?

I'd love to see a Knights of the Old Republic film the most I think. That said I'm thrilled they'll be doing a standalone Boba Fett film and the adventures of a young Han Solo. Easily the best two options in the current universe. Not sure I agree with a Yoda film however. I'm sure it will do well if they do one but it wouldn't be on my most wanted list.

Thank you so much for your time, Scott!