Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - "Stop right there, criminal scum! You violated my mother!"

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2
    Lesbian Overlord of SWFans

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    ^ I have that same problem. I spend about 80% of my time in Skyrim crouching in sneak mode, so I'm glad they made the 'Pickpocket' text that bright red otherwise I'd be trying to steal from people all the time.

Helpfully, I don't think it's until you actually take something out of someone's inventory that it becomes a crime!

I keep having that problem - I try to interact with a merchant, and I accidentally steal one of the items on the counter, right in front of his face.

I tried to kill the woman who owns the bar in Riverwood, but she's bloody immortal. Well, I say "tried to kill". What actually happened was that I pickpocketed her to get an elven dagger, and then sort of got carried away, so she sort of attacked me. Anyhow, I managed to kill her... except she just hunched over and didn't die, then drank a healing potion and got back up again. Is she like... important for a quest or something? Are important NPCs magically immortal?

TheHolo.Net Poster
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer
    AKA
    Vince
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: vinceisgreat
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Untouchable View Post
    I keep having that problem - I try to interact with a merchant, and I accidentally steal one of the items on the counter, right in front of his face.

I tried to kill the woman who owns the bar in Riverwood, but she's bloody immortal. Well, I say "tried to kill". What actually happened was that I pickpocketed her to get an elven dagger, and then sort of got carried away, so she sort of attacked me. Anyhow, I managed to kill her... except she just hunched over and didn't die, then drank a healing potion and got back up again. Is she like... important for a quest or something? Are important NPCs magically immortal?
    She's important to the bloody game, Jace.

Same thing with children, and other really important quest characters.

Stealing things and not getting caught doesn't mean getting away with it too, remember. Later, the person you stole from (or killed - yes, killed) may send hired thugs to "teach you a lesson".

I started a new character, using heavy armour, one handed weapons (using a mace at the moment), and a never say die attitude, named Veikko. He'll eventually be a Stormcloak, but I'm still a ways away from there. He's basically an asshole; He befriended Faendal so he could get free archery lessons ("I'm going to use the money to buy new equipment. Of course I'll come back. Yes, this time I'll bring the equipment, but you know that quill is really enchanted!"), and entered Ilinalta's Deep and to ask for directions (I knew he had to kill them anyway, but I enjoyed it all the more for this: "Stop! I just want directions to Whiterun! Don't make me kill you too! Damn it!")

I've already had a bunch of thugs come after me. I killed them, found the bounty letter, and then went and killed the woman who sent them.

Also, I killed Sven the bard because he was annoying. The elf dude in Riverwood sent me a note to say thanks.

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny

TheHolo.Net Admin

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Christin
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: W4BSY Steam ID: ApexLupine
    Soooo, who's gonna be picking up Elder Scrolls Online when it comes out?

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    I think there's an open beta right now? I'm not playing it though.. no more MMOs

TheHolo.Net Admin

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Christin
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: W4BSY Steam ID: ApexLupine
    Yeah, the beta is taking sign-ups, but I'd just rather wait till the game is released. This will be the first MMO I'm actually anticipating and wanting to play

SW-Fans.Net Poster

I... am... CHRISTMAS!

Given what I currently know about the game, I'll not bother with it. That may change as I learn more but for now I'm just not interested. LOL, I'm not even interested enough to find out more about it.

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    ^ Pretty much. It looks so... same-y.

TheHolo.Net Moderator

Stealing planets with a cunning use of flags!
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer Park Kraken's Avatar
    It'd be interesting to see how many players they allow in an open enviorement at once. Given how people currently talk about playing Skyrim I could see a heavily trafficed quest/journey area have one guy riding a horse bravely out in the open only to get plugged by about a hundred arrows from different directions, afterwhich you see the grasses and trees rustling with crouched movement all over the place.

Played a whole lot of Skyrim so far this weekend.

Trying to finish off the Thieves Guild quest-line.

TheHolo.Net Poster
    AKA
    Vince
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Tristan Alastor View Post
    Played a whole lot of Skyrim so far this weekend.

Trying to finish off the Thieves Guild quest-line.
    My friend traded in his Skyrim for the Skyrim Legendary Edition with all the DLC that's come out so far. I've only played Black Ops maybe three times, each for about an hour, in the past two weeks.

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    I don't have all the DLC yet..

anyone who has played Dragonborn and Dawnguard, are they worth it? I still have like an infinite number of quests to finish in vanilla Skyrim

TheHolo.Net Poster
    AKA
    Vince
    Gamer IDs

I've only delved into Hearthfire so far; I'm waiting to level a bit more (my Khajiit thiefy-scout-type-person is level 20 right now) before I get into Dawnguard and Dragonborn.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

I... am... CHRISTMAS!

What mods do you lot use, if any? I'm currently using quite a few:

• Faster Cell Respawn - areas such as dungeons respawn after an in-game 24 hours instead of the standard 10 days or 30 if it's a "Cleared" area. In Oblivion is was 3 in-game days.

• Sounds of Skyrim: The Dungeons - Adds a host of new sounds to really bring dungeons to life, based on the enemy type that inhabits said dungeon. Also, the exterior weather can be heard from inside the dungeon when you're near the exit.

• Sounds of Skyrim: The Wilds - Similar to the Dungeons one above, but for outside. All kinds of new birds and animal and insect sounds have been added to enhance the immersion when you're out and about - these are weather and time-of-day dependent as well.

• Humans Drop Human Parts - Given how rare human hearts and human flesh samples are in the game, it frustrated me whenever I kill a human that I don't get such items, along with just how many humans I actually kill on my travels when it comes to bandits and whatnot. Well with this mod, I do!

• Alchemy Extended - Basically increases what alchemical ingredients vendors will buy and sell, as well as adds appropriate stock to hunters menu's, such as claws and feathers etc.

• JSwords - An awesome mod which adds a tonne of new weapons for you to craft from norse daggers and axes to elegant curved swords and even a gladius. New hammers and axes also appear.

• Vals Crafting Meltdown - This one allows you to use the smelter to essentially melt down weapons and armour back into their raw materials at a loss. So you can turn all your looted goodies into crafting materials, as well as revert your crafted goods back into crafting mats to repeat the process for the purpose of levelling. You can also use the tanning rack to revert leather and hide armour into leather pieces.

• New Merchants & More - This mod adds 3 new merchants to the game and a Breezehome dog. You can kill the Breezehome dog if you don't want him.

Remember the Mudcrab from Morrowind with 10k gold? This mod adds a merchant with 10,000 gold upstairs in the Bannered Mare in Whiterun. He will buy anything, including stolen goods, but he won't buy quest items. Another merchant can be found in Radiant Raiment in Solitude. She sells clothing items such as Jarl's clothes, Jester clothes, Wedding dress, General Tullius' armor, Ulfric's clothes & more. The last merchant is located in Falkreath Jarl's Longhouse or anywhere Jarl Siddgeir is. She has 5,000 gold and will sell you spell books and scrolls.

All of these merchants are dogs.

• Riverwood Lakehouse - Adds a player home across the river from the woodcutting mill in Riverwood, with a bridge leading to it. Quite nice but I've since moved on.

• Build Your Own Home - This is my current home, located at/on the waterfall by the abandoned prison just past Valtheim Towers when you follow the river east past Whiterun. Without the mod you'll find a wooden shack crushed by a felled tree and the body of some poor sod called Lucky. With the mod, you find his deed giving you ownership of the surrounding area. You are then able to clear the debris and start building your own home. If you have the Hearthfire DLC this is the same sort of thing on a smaller yet more detailed scale. The house itself is quite modest in size but you can add a basement, upper floor with various options, kitchen area in the basement, secret lair and give it a style such as that befitting a warrior, hunter or mage. Outside you can add a fishing camp, distillery by the waterfall, tanning area and furnace for smelting, an alchemy area with small garden and a combat training area. Once everything is in place it looks really impressive!

• Realistic Water Textures - Might swap this for the Pure Waters mod on Droo's recommendation.

• Dragon Knowledge Spell - For every 2 Dragon Souls I can get a Perk point. The number of souls required can be altered to increase difficulty.

• Sky UI - improved mouse support for the console-centric menu system, as well as adding cool colour icons for items in your lists.

As well as those, I have an app on my phone called SR Alchemy. I input the ingredients I have as well as my alchemy skill level and relevant perks, as well as any alchemy-enhancing enchantments, and it will then tell me what ingredients I should use to achieve desired effects or to make the most cash. I love this and use it constantly! A fantastic gold-earner and it makes you level up alchemy so quickly!

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    So far the only ones I've installed are...

Pure Waters - for better looking water textures
    Unlimited Bookshelves - lets you actually fill shelves with books (and some other items too)
    Player home fast travel - fast travel to player homes in any city
    Thieves Guild Mission Door - direct door between Riften graveyard and the Ragged Flaggon

TheHolo.Net Poster
    AKA
    Vince
    Gamer IDs

SInce I'm playing on the Playstation, I ain't got no mods. Though I will be getting a new computer in the next 3 - 6 months. Hopefully. So I might be able to actually play Skyrim on PC sometime this year.

I murdered Astrid at around level 14 or so, and ten levels on, still haven't changed out of the Dark Brotherhood Armor. Also, one hit killing a troll at level 23 because of the one-handed, dagger, and sneak perks is ridiculous.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12