Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - "Stop right there, criminal scum! You violated my mother!"

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2
    Lesbian Overlord of SWFans

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny

Games Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - "Stop right there, criminal scum! You violated my mother!"

The other thread grew as vast as Skyrim itself, so here's a new one.

Last edited by Dasquian Belargic; Nov 18th, 2012 at 05:43:04 AM.

SW-Fans.Net Poster
    Summer Box Office Contest 2008 - Winner!
    Try the root stew, you will. Taste good, it does.
    DragonCon 09
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

From Steam deals thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Yog View Post
    Europeans, get Skyrim for £7.99, using the discount code NOV20OFFUK

You will then get email with a code which can be used to activate game on Steam.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lilaena Steam ID: jainhollie
    We got Skyrim for PS3 tonight. I going to try learning how to play it, if Owen doesn't discourage me too much.

He likes to say "you're not very good at this, Mom" when I'm trying to play a game.

TheHolo.Net Admin

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Christin
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: W4BSY Steam ID: ApexLupine
    My first playthrough was as an archer, and it's stupid fun as an archer, but it's also stupid fun as a tank, so either way you play it's stupid fun

Quote Originally Posted by Lilaena De'Ville View Post
    We got Skyrim for PS3 tonight. I going to try learning how to play it, if Owen doesn't discourage me too much.

He likes to say "you're not very good at this, Mom" when I'm trying to play a game.
    Once you get the hang of it, it gets stupid-easy to kill dragons. Make sure Owen doesn't get to see you play until after you've got the hang of dragon-slaying. That way, he'll think you're a total badass.
    It's like that, and that's the way it is.

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2
    Lesbian Overlord of SWFans

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    http://kotaku.com/5961994/what-skyri...0-mods-at-once

"What Skyrim looks like when you're running 100 mods at once" - wow!

Cassus Wain
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasquian Belargic View Post
    http://kotaku.com/5961994/what-skyri...0-mods-at-once

"What Skyrim looks like when you're running 100 mods at once" - wow!
    I know, right!

I recently started playing from the beginning again on PS3, though hopefully a friend of mine will be getting the 360 version so I can play through the DC and expansions.

Only thing of note was that while I escaped from Helgen (I'll put spoilers up if people want, but I don't think it's really necessary now), I lost the bear. I ended up jumping down on top of it and running screaming through the cave while Ralof pegged it with arrows. I myself screamed, I should add.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

You lost it?? I snuck past it.

I just got to ... Oh who knows what the town's name is. But the one with the blacksmith I'm supposed to talk to (and I have). I didn't escape with Ralof it was the other guy.

TheHolo.Net Admin

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Christin
    Gamer IDs

My first playthrough I tagged along with Ralof as well. Of course, owing to the nature of those shifty sneakthief cats, my Khajit didn't (and still doesn't) give a skeever's ass about the civil war

The second playthrough I went out with the Imperial guy.

TheHolo.Net Poster
    AKA
    Vince
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: vinceisgreat
    Yeah... I lost it. Ralof handed me a bow and some arrows (which coincidentally also overencumbered me) and told me to kill it or sneak past it. I turned around and smacked Ralof a few times because I had to go through my inventory and decide what to throw out, and then I turned around again a few minutes later after learning I could level up doing that and the bear was gone.

I got out of sneaking and wandered up the ledge behind the big rock, and jumped down, on top of the bear, waking it up and in my mind giving my new Khajiit Zhurrul some scars and an embarrassing story.

I played through as Glen, so I just went with the guy who looked like he knew where the pub was.

Those gorgeous mods in motion:

TheHolo.Net Admin

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Christin
    Gamer IDs

Holly, what race did you decide on playing? And have you found a preference for what fighting style you're keen on?

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

The kids picked Imperial for me, and I haven't played again yet. Since its rated M I don't really want to play it in front of the kids again, lol, and I've been really sick since thanksgiving. So far my favorite way to fight is dancing around whoever is trying to fight me and then slashing the air around them.

Sigh

TheHolo.Net Admin

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Christin
    Gamer IDs

Hahaha yeah that's how I fought my first go-through, which made me lean toward archery. The archery perks are awesome, and I tend towards the sniping aspects of most games that I play.

My second round I went with Imperial like you, and have decided to try and break my snipey tendencies. Settled on two handed, and I have to admit that the more skill you gain makes it much better and easier. Improving weapons helps a lot too

Whenever you get a chance, you should take a picture of your character and post it up

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Sophie made all the design decisions

oh what a tangled web I weave

TheHolo.Net Poster
    AKA
    Vince
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: vinceisgreat
    Two handed weapons are insanely powerful in Skyrim. Charlie's insane perfectionism got a warhammer to what... 900 damage per hit? I got a battle axe to about 300-400.

This playthrough is gonna be up-front. No sneaking archery (if I can help it), and two handed weapons with light armor (likely Stormcloak though at the moment I'm in a studded armor get up). My friend got a bow to 600 damage or thereabouts before all the modifiers and perks kicked in. I'm hoping to get one to about 400 after mods (Only rule, no daedric weapons and I'm not yet jazzed about the grinding and ingredient-searching I'll have to do).

TheHolo.Net Admin

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Christin
    Gamer IDs

Yeah, my second playthrough is all about the two-handed. I've made it a point to leave arrows and bows behind when looting.

I've played as a Khajiit, and I'm essentially a stealth Howitzer. Heavy armor all the way, with full sneak bonus means nobody ever sees me, and I've min-maxed the living crap out of my gear to give myself a bow that hits for 3866, plus fire and paralysis, and then that gets tripled when I'm shooting from hidden.

I've got plans to min-max and manipulate the system again, soon, to get a 15,000 damage bow. =) That should be fun.

Beware of the kitty.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

I've only played twice so far but I completed my first mission of talking to the Jarl, and I gotta new one from the wizard guy. I picked my way into one house, but didn't steal anything. I don't think I will, I'm too paranoid about being caught, lol!

Also having the option to steal EVERYTHING can be tricky when all you're trying to do is talk to the bartender.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast