Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NFL Pick 'em 2012: Week 1 (Kickoff on Wednesday!)

jjwr
    Wednesday, Sept. 5
    DAL (W) @ NYG

Sunday, Sept. 9
    IND @ CHI (W)
    PHI (W) @ CLE
    NE (W)@ TEN
    ATL (W) @ KC
    JAX @ MIN (W)
    WAS @ NO (W)
    BUF (W) @ NYJ
    STL @ DET (W)
    MIA @ HOU (W)

SF @ GB (W)
    SEA @ ARI (W)
    CAR @ TB (W)
    PIT @ DEN (W)

Monday, Sept. 10
    CIN @ BAL (W)
    SD (W) @ OAK

SW-Fans.Net Poster

The [original] Black Sheep of SW-Fans
    Mmm, cheap beer good!
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

Sunday, Sept. 9
    IND @ CHI (W)
    PHI (W) @ CLE
    NE (W) @ TEN
    ATL @ KC (W)
    JAX (W) @ MIN
    WAS @ NO (W)
    BUF (W) @ NYJ
    STL @ DET (W)
    MIA @ HOU (W)

SF @ GB (W)
    SEA (W) @ ARI
    CAR (W) @ TB
    PIT @ DEN (W)

Monday, Sept. 10
    CIN @ BAL (W)
    SD (W) @ OAK

Survivor: Seahawks

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Colander on the head... check. Ferrets... check. Imperial insignia... check. Pants... well, three out of four ain't bad!

Forgot my survivor pick.

I'm gonna go with: Chicago.

Kolrad
    My survivor pick is MIN.

Just in from Cleveland: Brandon Weeden smothered under giant American flag.

Took him about twenty seconds to find his way out.

EDIT: Ouuuuch, Jay Cutler just threw an interception to a linebacker who was practically already in the Bears' endzone. One of the easiest pick-sixes I've ever seen.

EDIT 2: RG3 is having a good NFL debut so far... two TD passes and a perfect passer rating through the first half.

Ugh, watching the 49ers-Packers game, and these officials are just horrible. They seem to be trying to make up for their inconsistency with prolificacy. In the process, they've made the Green Bay crowd very surly.
    Last edited by Dragon; Sep 9th, 2012 at 03:48:10 PM.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Member of the Arbitrary Apostrophe Club
    Mmmmmm, DELICIOUS

The officiating... it's just so bad

The officiating is awful. They need to pay the real refs. Most of these refs shouldn't' be officiating high school games. The Niners looked impressive. They haven't won in GB since Steve Young played there.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Purveyor of the Finest Faux Halos in the Verse!

AKA
    Demetra
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: BloodyDecadence Steam ID: TheSpartanWitch
    Oh for fuck's sake, Seahawks!

SW-Fans.Net Poster

I might return to RPing if those scrumptious Gue twins would come back. Figrin Sandwich, am I right?

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon View Post
    Ugh, watching the 49ers-Packers game, and these officials are just horrible. They seem to be trying to make up for their inconsistency with prolificacy. In the process, they've made the Green Bay crowd very surly.
    I was probably one of those surly people. I was at Lambeau for the game today (just got home about 15 minutes ago.)

I'll generally agree... there were some questionable calls (and non-calls) in that game. However, honestly... the 49ers just played better and took it right at the Packers. I have to give San Fran credit, they looked good today. The Packers, meanwhile, have a lot of work to do yet on defense, especially against the run.

I'll agree that the 49ers played an excellent game, much better than I expected. I honestly hadn't bought into their offensive additions and thought they'd still have trouble moving the ball outside Frank Gore and Vernon Davis. But Alex Smith distributed the ball well, and Crabtree, Manningham, and Moss all made significant contributions. If they can continue playing on that level, I don't think anyone else in the NFC West can touch them.

The Razzie award for officiating so far has to go to the refs in the Seattle-Arizona game, who awarded the Seahawks a fourth timeout with thirty seconds left in the game. Luckily for the refs, it ended up not mattering.

I'm definitely disappointed by the Steelers' loss, but I'm also encouraged by a lot of what I saw. The Steelers were not at full strength for this game without James Harrison and Ryan Clark, both of whom I think could have made a big difference, and their cause was further hurt when Marcus Gilbert went out and forced rookie Mike Adams to spell him at right tackle. Even so, the protection for Ben was good more often than not, and the Steelers ran terrific ball control offense through most of the game. Meanwhile, the defense did a great job containing Manning through the first half.

In the end, the Broncos put on a fantastic game before their home crowd, and Manning may have had the best game he's ever had against the Steelers. Congratulations to the Broncos, and please play this well against our division rivals, too.

jjwr
    Forgot my survivor, I'll go with Baltimore.

The Patsies are looking good...they seem to have found a running game and a much faster and younger defense.

Manning looked really good, should be a great matchup when New England visits Denver a bit later this year, thats going to be same crazy hype.

Here's the tally! As usual, huge spread in the first week. Make sure to check your picks and let me know if I missed anything, as I added these up while under the influence of a headache.

Week 1 Tally

jjwr: 13-3
    Dee: 12-4
    Rutabaga: 12-4
    Korax: 11-5
    Morgan Evanar: 11-5
    Ryan Pode: 11-5
    Nathanial K'cansce: 10-6
    Jedi Master Carr: 9-7
    Liam Jinn: 9-7
    Figrin D'an: 8-8
    Halajiin Rabeak: 8-8
    Dragon: 7-9
    Kyran O'Hurn: 7-9
    Park Kraken: 6-10
    Kolrad: 5-11

Survivor:

Dragon: PHI
    jjwr: BAL
    Kolrad: MIN
    Kyran O'Hurn: CHI
    Rutabaga: NE
    Ryan Pode: CHI
    Dee: SEA
    Liam Jinn: SEA
    Park Kraken: NO

Kyran O'Hurn
    Blech... Serves me right for not picking my 'Niners.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12