Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: X-Men: Days of Future Past (2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Lilaena De'Ville View Post
    Back to Cyclops, since he died off camera and there was no body, there's no need for the filmmakers to keep saying he died. He could be alive with just a tiny story tweak.

One can hope, anyway.
    Apparently the movie's playing with alternate timelines, so I don't think they'd need even that level of convolution to get Cyclops back. But if the main story is picking up shortly after First Class, he probably wouldn't have been born yet.

If the film-makers are feeling particularly bastardly, they could have it so that the alternate Sentinel future includes Cyclops and Jean Grey. That way, by thwarting Magneto's plan and averting that evil future... they save the world, but they allow the events that cause Cyclops and Jean's deaths to transpire.

That's totally what I'd do. But I'd probably do it with an evil smirk on my face.

Sentinel Apocalypse or a world where The Last Stand happens? Come on, man, that's not even a choice.

An excellent excuse to create a brand-new timeline with time travel shenanigans!

Maybe it's just me, but I've been finding io9 really ranty lately. It seems like everyone at the office was forced to give up caffeine at the same time or something.

As for the "irrevocable" continuity damage... one or two of them are valid points, but some of them can be explained away relatively easily, and none of them are any worse than the continuity errors in a bunch of other franchises.

It's now official - Hugh Jackman will be in it

"A Jedi must remain focused. Mastery of the Force requires that all unnecessary activities be purged from daily life."

More casting news
    http://www.superherohype.com/news/ar...of-future-past

So, Rogue, Kitty, and Iceman will be back. It looks like Shadowcat will play a major role in the film and will be the time traveler. To me Ellen Page was one of the positive things about Last Stand. She did a great job as Kitty Pryde.

Peter Dinklage joins the cast in an specified role.

Great news he is a great actor, but I wonder who he will be playing.

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2
    Lesbian Overlord of SWFans

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    Apparently he is playing a (the?) villain

http://www.newsarama.com/film/peter-...ture-past.html

That's... really surprising.

I'm not surprised that Mr Dinklage is playing a villain per se... but I am surprised that they need another one. I was under the impression that the pain plot of the story was going to be stopping Magneto from killing the Senator, with scenes in the future there to emphasise just how dire things will get if the X-Men fail... but it's starting to sound like the future timeline might be a more meaty part of the story after all.

I wonder if it's going to end up like Wolverine and the X-Men: in that, the X-Men of the future researched the historical events that made the world go to shit, and then the X-Men in the past set out to stop it.

Having re-watched X-Men: First Class earlier this week, I'm really hoping that we're going to get some Rebecca Romijn casting news. The relationship between grown-up Xavier and Mystique would be really interesting, I think.

Genesis
    I love Peter Dinklage and I love that he is going to be in an xmen movie.

Darn it I forgot to switch accounts

Maybe he will play Bolivar Trask. I guess he could end up being the voice of Mastermold or Nimrod.

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    http://www.themarysue.com/days-of-fu...ivar-trask-3d/

Bolivar Trask is seeming like a strong possibility

I could see Trask not sure if he will be in the 70s part of the film or in the future.

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    More hints about who he might be playing: http://www.themarysue.com/singer-dinklage-cgi/

TheHolo.Net Poster
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

AKA
    Droo
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: droogydroo
    Taken from an interview at IGN:

IGN: One thing that’s interesting about the alternate universe/timeline in Days of Future Past is that it could potentially give you the opportunity to revisit things that happened in the third film in terms of characters and endings that you might like to see changed

Bryan Singer: You mean, what you’re politely saying is, “fix s**t.” Is that what you’re saying? That’s what I’m hearing. [Laughing]

IGN: [Laughing] Maybe…

Singer: There’s going to be a little of that, a few things I can repair.

IGN: Are fans going to be pleased with these things you will be repairing?

Singer: I think so, I think so, yes.
    Haha, good old Bryan Singer. This is what I've been wanting to hear for a few years now!

Halle Berry is returning as well.

Also, french actor Omar Sy is playing an unspecified role. I don't want to jump to conclusions because he is black, but I wonder if he could be Bishop. Of course he might just be another mutant who will be a member of the brotherhood or Xavier's team in 1973.

TheHolo.Net Poster
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer Alex Kaine's Avatar
    Unless we're talking cameos here, I think it's going to be a real challenge to tell a coherent story with this many major characters... especially figuring in 70s and 2000s versions of several of them. I'd have been happy simply continuing with the story of the new cast myself, so I'm admittedly a little concerned that Singer's less subtle, less relateable versions of the characters will take over.

TheHolo.Net Poster
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

AKA
    Droo
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: droogydroo
    The thing we ought to remember here is that it's the First Class writing team behind this, and I'm almost certain I remember someone at some point stating that this was still their story (the First Class team), but it's just a bigger story that incorporates Singer's original team. I hope this is the case, because, as talented as Bryan Singer is for balancing the character development of a large ensemble cast, I think this would be asking too much. So hopefully, the emphasis is indeed on the First Class characters, with smaller supporting roles from the rest.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast